Author Topic: How Arnold really brought up his calves?  (Read 17766 times)

Hypo

• Getbig III
Re: How Arnold really brought up his calves?
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 03:51:02 AM »
Phil besides his lack of width isn’t lacking any body parts, genetically he was blessed to have great shape and a wow factor in terms of arms, even his forearms are very developed

Cormier and Shawn are two others in modern times that really didn’t lack anything (you can argue size for Shawn)

Phil lacks clavicles.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 10:12:01 AM »
Rumour is he had implants. But they didnt really look like it. Found some guy on youtube carlito xxl. He has 24 inch calves and they look the best ever! Check him out. Damn!

MIRAGETROPIN

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 01:26:02 PM »
I'm gonna guess he never bothered to train calves until someone pointed out that his were under-developed.  Can't really explain the drastic improvements otherwise.

Lol at the suggestion that they're implants .. yeah sure, the world's best implants, the likes of which have never been seen since ::)

This. Not to mention he happens to have the best genetics for spectacular calf development.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 05:59:58 PM »
Jump rope.

Been doing weighted jumps on the theory that they're type 1A explosive fibers, followed by single leg traditional toe raises to weeping (in case they're type 2B putt-putt fibres) but get the feeling I'm destined to have bushman of the kalahari calves. 

Ugh, like most of my build guess they'll be better than if I didn't do anything.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 07:31:58 AM »
I knew a guy who actually had implants in the early 1990s. There was no way you could hide the
scars if you looked. They were blended in with the natural creases right behind the knee but there
was no hiding them. You could fool normal people who don't analyze someone's legs and they wouldn't
notice until you pointed them out.

You can be sure if there were even such a things as calf implants in the early 1970s it would be much
worse. Plus, you can see how Arnold's calves shrunk considerably between 1975-1979 when he
retired. He brought them right back up in 1980. I remember Joe Meeko insisted that Arnold also had
pec implants. Meeko was an exceptionally good guy but jealousy gets even the best of them.

Yes, exactly.  Any calf implants that existed at the time would have been primitive & easily identified by the thousands of jealous naysayers

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 06:38:54 AM »
Arnold possibly had the best calves ever

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2020, 06:41:05 AM »
Arnold spent lots of minutes daily....doing a ton of static top portion isometric calf contractions.....while keeping on his tiptoes....trying to fuck his tall mexican housekeepers and nannies while they bent over standing up....over his washer-dryer.
Mexican housekeepers/nannies are rarely tall.

Q

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 06:57:29 AM »
They’re implants.

HTH
Very wrong. They look 100% anatomically correct to me. +they shrank down as he retired.

Ferrigno is the one that used implants.

check here what implants looks like:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=422378.0

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 06:58:33 AM »
Rumour is he had implants. But they didnt really look like it. Found some guy on youtube carlito xxl. He has 24 inch calves and they look the best ever! Check him out. Damn!

that guy is a midget. His calves are no where near 24 inches LOL

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 07:52:15 AM »
Worst calf implants ever!!!

This is one of two brothers that went to Costa Rica and got implants.  I have no idea wtf they were expecting or thinking.  The surgeon must (or should have) shown them photos of what he planned to do or how it would go.  But whatever the case... they went along with it.

I don't have photos of the brother, but he is not as lean or vascular and while you can't see the actual shape of the implant looking like Princess Leia's side hair buns, it still is so close to the surface that there are red ovals on each side of his legs.  Like a red burn mark.   

I wish I could post photos of the rest of this guy because he absolutely NO traps at all.  Wide shoulders, but no a single ounce of trap muscle anywhere.  He looks like his neck and clavicle forms a 90 degree angle.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2020, 07:53:09 AM »

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2020, 08:38:00 AM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2020, 08:39:21 AM »
Worst calf implants ever!!!

This is one of two brothers that went to Costa Rica and got implants.  I have no idea wtf they were expecting or thinking.  The surgeon must (or should have) shown them photos of what he planned to do or how it would go.  But whatever the case... they went along with it.

I don't have photos of the brother, but he is not as lean or vascular and while you can't see the actual shape of the implant looking like Princess Leia's side hair buns, it still is so close to the surface that there are red ovals on each side of his legs.  Like a red burn mark.   

I wish I could post photos of the rest of this guy because he absolutely NO traps at all.  Wide shoulders, but no a single ounce of trap muscle anywhere.  He looks like his neck and clavicle forms a 90 degree angle.

The Stoltman Brothers would never do this.

Speaking of which...actual experts of people with knowledge would immediately know those calves look suspect.

As for Princess Leia, I've actually never watched any Star Wars movie except for the Revenge of the Sith one, in 2005.

It's funny how you astutely pointed out that his calves look like Princess Leia's hair...I would also add that they look like Carrie Fisher herself once she turned 30.  Some women hit the wall earlier than others.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »

It's funny how you astutely pointed out that his calves look like Princess Leia's hair...I would also add that they look like Carrie Fisher herself once she turned 30.  Some women hit the wall earlier than others.

Drugs and alcohol ruined Carrie Fisher and eventually killed her.  The coke, prescription meds and booze took it's toll.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie_Fisher#Bipolar_disorder_and_drug_use

She was 33 in the movie "The Burbs" and was still very fuckable. 

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2020, 09:19:05 AM »
In 1975 a guy in my gym in LA  who said he was an ex training partner of Arnold told me Arnold went to Mexico and got implants....

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 09:52:31 AM »
Because Mexico leads the world in state of the art cosmetic implant surgery? lol Umm, not.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2020, 09:56:33 AM »
I've heard that Schwarzenegger paid for Carrie Fisher's implants(before he transitioned to Greta Thunberg).

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2020, 09:56:41 AM »
Arnold's calves look like real muscle. How hard is it to believe the greatest bodybuilder on earth couldn't build  calf muscle?  If they were some kind of implant he got in the early 70's by the way they didn't exist then why did his calves go down along with the rest of his muscles when he got older?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2020, 10:04:24 AM »
Can you really bring up anything if it is a genetic weakness?  I think in a 2004 issue of FLEX magazine [perhaps the one where he and Craig Titus were both being interviewed, but I can't remember], Lee Priest said that your weak points will always be your weak points - just bigger versions.

Although Phil Heath's legs and back both seemed to have come up, not just in size, but in terms of proportion to other areas.
The biggest weakness for Titus was the muscle between the ears.  It never got stronger.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2020, 10:04:53 AM »
Arnold's calves look like real muscle. How hard is it to believe the greatest bodybuilder on earth couldn't build  calf muscle?  If they were some kind of implant he got in the early 70's by the way they didn't exist then why did his calves go down along with the rest of his muscles when he got older?
yeah I don't understand that either. I mean his arms and chest are also incredibly developed. Pure jealousy imo.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 10:05:41 AM »
Arnold went into the future and got calf implants done at Sarah-Connor Hospital.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2020, 10:17:38 AM »
Arnold’s calves were never weak just small. Genetically he had awesome shape he just needed to work them. You can’t build what isn’t there.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »
Back when Shawn Ray was accusing Flex of having implants, everyone was looking for the tell-tale scar behind his knee as proof.  When it was not found there, they started the rumor about doctors going in through the bottom of his foot to place the implant.
Years later, we all figured it out was synthol.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2020, 11:22:19 AM »
Outstanding muscle separation.  :D
Legit lol’d

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »
Drugs and alcohol ruined Carrie Fisher and eventually killed her.  The coke, prescription meds and booze took it's toll.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie_Fisher#Bipolar_disorder_and_drug_use

She was 33 in the movie "The Burbs" and was still very fuckable. 

Since I never watched any of the Star Wars movies, I never had a crush on Carrie Fisher, and I just didn't see too many of her movies as a kid growing up [during her prime as an actress].

Years later, watching When Harry Met Sally, I thought she looked rather aged for 31 or 32 [the likely age she was during filming, given it's release date in 1989, within five months of The Burbs being released.  I'm not giving the exact dates to correct you or anything - but just to say that she was definitely in her early thirties [as you said - even if she was 31 and not 33 - I still felt she looked older than her age, and much less attractive than she was in Star Wars, from pictures I saw.

As you said - I guess the drugs took their toll.  It's sad, really.  It just goes to show that you can have it all and still be sad or have issues depending on genetic characteristics or other things.

It almost makes me feel that being my friend's dog would be a better life than one that most people lead.  Some people are happier just eating a bucket of chicken from KFC washed down with grape pop versus other people with millions of dollars - even billions.

After watching a video today of a Komodo dragon eat a deer alive, and pull its baby out of its womb and eat it alive too in a single gulp, it just made me realize that so many things are straight up just the luck of the draw.

In bodybuilding, calves seem to be the biggest one.