Author Topic: Supreme Court leaves Illinois assault weapons ban in place  (Read 288 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Supreme Court leaves Illinois assault weapons ban in place
« on: December 14, 2023, 04:20:27 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/supreme-court-illinois-assault-weapons-ban/

Washington — The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to block an Illinois law banning assault-style weapons, leaving the measure in place while proceedings before a federal appellate court continue.

The decision from the justices, with no noted dissents, marks the second time they have declined to halt Illinois' statewide ban, which a gun rights advocacy group and gun shop owner argued violates the Second Amendment. It has also left in place a similar ordinance in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago.

The unsigned order from the court rejecting the request from the pro-Second Amendment organization comes on the heels of the latest spate of shootings, on the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, campus and in Austin and San Antonio, Texas. The shootings have reignited now-familiar calls from President Biden for Congress to pass a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Supreme Court leaves Illinois assault weapons ban in place
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 04:22:44 PM »

Washington — The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to block an Illinois law banning assault-style weapons, leaving the measure in place while proceedings before a federal appellate court continue.

The decision from the justices, with no noted dissents, marks the second time they have declined to halt Illinois' statewide ban, which a gun rights advocacy group and gun shop owner argued violates the Second Amendment. It has also left in place a similar ordinance in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago.

The unsigned order from the court rejecting the request from the pro-Second Amendment organization comes on the heels of the latest spate of shootings, on the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, campus and in Austin and San Antonio, Texas. The shootings have reignited now-familiar calls from President Biden for Congress to pass a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
They are considering other cases that will impact this case. No reason to have two or more cases on deck.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "I'm a business GENIUS."
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 04:35:18 PM »

Finally some common sense!

:)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 04:36:16 PM »

Your pets will be your end.  Turdling.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 04:48:49 PM »
Your pets will be your end.  Turdling.
We can only hope his cats eat his eyes first.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2023, 12:04:01 AM »
Basically they just didn’t want to intervene. It’s still on the table. It’ll eventually get blocked. Illinois gun buyback has only had about 3000 turn in their guns. The rest are telling Pritzker to fuck off and most of the states LE aren’t complying.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2023, 08:21:21 AM »
i=q58tB1DxKlHH_Pq_

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2023, 08:24:16 AM »

Can't wait till I'm the concentration camp guard and I get to shoot you in the ass, haha

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2023, 12:36:47 PM »
Can't wait till I'm the concentration camp guard and I get to shoot you in the ass, haha

Maybe a shootout?

Q