Author Topic: Mr. Priest-------how will you alter your diet/training up to the Arnold Classic?  (Read 9574 times)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Posted on: February 25, 2006, 06:43:02 PMPosted by: Melga 
Insert Quote
Mr. Priest, Congrats for the Ironman. The ( At last!) obvious winner!

A quick question: A very well known Bodybuilder came to a seminar here ( one of the big german ones) and said that to do a good carb-up without retaining much water was doing it with baked potatoes. He said that potatoes, and not rice, helped to flush more water out in car up. Is that true? What do you think?

Thank you very much

If you were planning your carb up over a period of say 3 days I would use peaches(drained of natural juice)and sweet potatoe (we call it kumera), the reason for this is peaches and kumera have a low GI factor thus entering the muscle via glycogen storage slowly and in a controlled manner , whilst normal poatoe(white potatoe) is high in the GI pool and loads rapidly and and usally results in spillage of fluid out of the cell to underneath the skin !! if you were loading fo one day say after a weigh in then use white potatoe ! your first amount of carbs after depletion should be via liquid form (maltodextrin , dextrose and fructose mix)and you should aim for around 300-400 grms of carbs over the first 2 hours then move on to solids, also do not cut your protein as you still need to maintain a postive nitrogen state whilst loading !!!

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Sorry hardcore, i know i'm being a pain, but, how much water does he take in a day?  Also, does he take any l-carnitine or ALA? and lastly, does he take anything in particular before or after his workouts?  Thanks bro, i really appreciate your time.  Also,
can u please tell me if you think it's worth it for a natural bodybuilder to take NO2 ( l-arginine ).  Do you think it's a waste of money taking an NO2 pre workout drink and then creatine drink after my workout?  Do you what Lee thinks on NO2 for a natural bodybuilder?

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Calling on hardcore................ ........

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Yeah he uses L-carnitne whilst dieting , about 3-4 grms prior to cardio or working out , and a thermo , thats about it , he uses BCAAs when dieting after workouts as well as clutamine , if he remebers, in the off season he dosent use much of these products cause he eats alot !!!

Water wise whilst dieting he aims for around 3 liters per day , plus a couple of diet sodeas and the like !!

On the Nos front there are many viarying reports on its results so to answer that I give this answer , you need to try it for your self and due to the nature of the product it should have noticeable changes with in 5 days of use, if you dont notice to much change then stick to products that you will , ie creatine ,ZMA etc, I personaly didnt notice to much change when trying these types of products but I have clients whom absolutly love the stuff !! so you need to try it for your self dude !!