Author Topic: Is Murder She Wrote the greatest tv show ever made?  (Read 5152 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Is Murder She Wrote the greatest tv show ever made?
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »

No way, Columbo is way better.

Just one more thing.....

Columbo never had enough to secure a conviction.

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2016, 12:09:49 PM »
Always wanted to bone the black woman, I wonder what she looks like now

herne

• Getbig V

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 12:16:31 PM »
Diagnosis Murder all the way.

Dream team of dick van and his son
It was shit, DVD looking quizzical and suspicious for no other reason than he must have read the fucking plot line.
Someone would say "I was out last night" and old dick used to look around with a puzzled look, even though he had zero reason to.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2016, 01:39:12 PM »

Shes too old to be a detective. Unless she is looking for the missing applesauce
at the old folks center.

I always wanted to fart in her old , fugly face.
When she closed in on a suspect, I'd scream at the TV ; " Just knock that old bat out and run off."  ;D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2016, 02:02:49 PM »
I always wanted to fart in her old , fugly face.
When she closed in on a suspect, I'd scream at the TV ; " Just knock that old bat out and run off."  ;D

I always loved when they would openly confess with flimsy evidence or even none at all on them, just Jessica's theory!

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 06:28:17 AM »
Gunsmoke  !

Marshall Dillon was the ULTIMATE alpha male !

;D

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2016, 07:39:11 AM »

Best commercial Tv detective show.
Yup, was great. Also NYPD Blue.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
I rarely watch TV but this is my opportunity to show how important I used to look and my 'contribution' to the history of television and movie making......

Even though I never watched it .... I cast a vote for THE ROCKFORD FILES.

While I was on that set one day, James Garner kept on flubbing his lines during a dramatic scene between his character ad the character played by Noah Berry.

It took about 14 retakes to get it right and as soon as it did get done right, Mr. Garner walked directly over to me and said, "Sorry about that!"

Realizing that he was speaking to me and for lack of something better to say, I said, "Oh, that's OK!"

And then during the filming of THE PERILS OF PAULINE. Edward Everette Horton needed a good number of retakes to shoot the scene where they are freezing Pam Austin (Pauline) and the word 'congeal" was in the script.

Mr Horton had never heard that word before and kept on flubbing it until he got it right after numerous retakes.

And once  the scene was shot correctly (in the can) , he walked over to me and apologized

And once again I said , "Oh, that's OK!"

And I ended up saying  the same thing to KIM NOVAk during the filming of PAL JOEY when she complained that her make-up was melting all over her face under the very hot lights.

"Oh, that's OK!"

And I stood beside the camera while PERRY MASON (Raymond Burr) sat in a wheelchair completely silent in front of a burning fireplace. (The very first Perry Mason scene filmed,  I believe!)

But he had no reason to apologize, so I left to see if the Munsters had anything to be sorry for.

They didn't either!

Living proof that history does repeat itself within the world of entertainment even though I never have  supported the TV induustry.

Nor do I look so damn important any longer.

But I gotta admit that I have encouraged a few who have made it big in LA LA LAND.

So my vote is for The Rockford Files.

I guess it was a detective series.