Author Topic: Female Gyms: What is up with that, and why do I believe it's wrong.  (Read 5137 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Female Gyms: What is up with that, and why do I believe it's wrong.
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 07:15:23 AM »
So what nedt we have "FAT" only gyms? It doesn't matter why there are gyms like that, the fact that nobody gives a shit while on the other hand if the case would be reversed half of the world would go apeshit.

SERIOUSLY: Are you guys not reading my post? I don't give a shit about the individual that goes to these gyms I care about the general society that sees nothing wrong with female only gyms but would have a problem with Male only gyms.

I don't think anyone has a problem with this either way.
There ARE male-only gyms. 
Just like Curves is a female-only establishment, up here in New England, we have the male equivalent Cuts.  I am not kidding! 

:)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 07:16:38 AM »

Just like Curves is a female-only establishment, up here in New England, we have the male equivalent Cuts.  I am not kidding! 

haah, there is one down the street from me. I get chills of disgust every time i drive by it.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 07:18:14 AM »
happy medium-Golds New Bedford Ma. womens only section

Not much better same issue...

I'll bet you if they ever start a Libratry for woman only nobody would give a fuck, now they have a Taxi service that is for woman only ::) I can understand why woman could feel uneasy being driven home by a man, so they have female drivers.
But why make it woman only, maybe I like to be driven home by a nice female driver myself? Don't I have the god damn right to use that service as well?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »

I think he's missing the point if he thinks that women go to these gyms because they don't want to be oogled by the guys at the gym or feel that their rights are somehow being violated at a co-ed gym because they get looks from the guys.

In my experience, the women who go to these gyms are not the type who wear little sports bras and booty shorts and are generally scared of the guys at the gym lol.  We should just be happy that they are trying to work out and get healthy.

I agree but i think he was somewhat addressing the issue of women wanting both to be empowered and to be weak at the same time and just using the gym as an example of that. I agree with him I live in Texas and chivilry is really big down here and at times it is very obvious that the women use the "weak" side to their advantage but these are the same women who are the first to complain about unequal pay and other issues.

There was a comedian that once said "next time a women asks why do men deserve to get paid more, you reply, you know why b/c for some fucked up reason if were ever on a boat and it starts to sink you get to get off first, thats why"

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »

Bullshit, I don't believe they don't take Females, they life on thin ice because they know that
most females don't want to train in that gym anyways.
So they take a chance and try to stand out.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
I agree but i think he was somewhat addressing the issue of women wanting both to be empowered and to be weak at the same time and just using the gym as an example of that. I agree with him I live in Texas and chivilry is really big down here and at times it is very obvious that the women use the "weak" side to their advantage but these are the same women who are the first to complain about unequal pay and other issues.

There was a comedian that once said "next time a women asks why do men deserve to get paid more, you reply, you know why b/c for some fucked up reason if were ever on a boat and it starts to sink you get to get off first, thats why"

I don't think women's only gyms are a very good example. 

That's a pretty funny joke though.   ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2008, 07:32:22 AM »

Right on brother very well said.

I don't think women's only gyms are a very good example. 

That's a pretty funny joke though.   ;D

It's just an excample, but like I said:

Woman only Taxi service
Woman only Bars
Woman only Gyms
 ect.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
I dont have any problems with female only gyms . At my gym there is a female Only Gym thats cool with me and were I live there is a female only gym called Configure.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »
I dont have any problems with female only gyms . At my gym there is a female Only Gym thats cool with me and were I live there is a female only gym called Configure.

I'll bet you are the type of guy who wears a pink polo shirt with the collar
popped up, your spiked hair is blond and you are owned by your girlfriend?

Sure you have no problem with female gyms sweetheart ::)

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 04:00:28 PM »
No Stark I am that type of Dude who has there hair spiked and wears a pink collar T shirt.