Author Topic: Baylor Bears 2013 Offense is the closest thing to a video game I have ever seen.  (Read 1533 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
It's still WAY early in the season but that 11/2 odds to win it all looks very enticing right now. I think there is a good chance nobody in the country can stop this team, including maybe Alabama.

Last Saturday against West Virginia -

864 yards of of total offense(671 in the FIRST HALF!). They were up 56 to 7 at HALFTIME. The starting running back did not play in the second half and the starting quarterback only played one drive in the second half. Briles simply called the dogs off or they could have hung 100 on them.

For the season -

70.5 points a game. 780 yards a game. If you just took their first half yardage they would still be ranked FOURTH overall in the Nation.

This program is literally ripping the grip OU and Texas has had on the Big 12 for the past 15 plus years right before everyone's eyes. Art Briles has shown he can turn a program around like he did by winning 4 State Titles at Stephenville and send Quarterback after Quarterback to Divison 1 Colleges and RG3 and Kevin Kolb to the NFL. And now he's starting to land the big time recruits with a top 25 class last year. They will be even better in 2014.

I just want to put this out there early that I believe that this team will be a big time powerhouse for years to come if Briles sticks around and doesn't take a higher profile job like at Texas or USC.

Keep your eyes out for this team. Only Ranked 15th in the country right now is a joke.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
It's still WAY early in the season but that 11/2 odds to win it all looks very enticing right now. I think there is a good chance nobody in the country can stop this team, including maybe Alabama.

Last Saturday against West Virginia -

864 yards of of total offense(671 in the FIRST HALF!). They were up 56 to 7 at HALFTIME. The starting running back did not play in the second half and the starting quarterback only played one drive in the second half. Briles simply called the dogs off or they could have hung 100 on them.

For the season -

70.5 points a game. 780 yards a game. If you just took their first half yardage they would still be ranked FOURTH overall in the Nation.

This program is literally ripping the grip OU and Texas has had on the Big 12 for the past 15 plus years right before everyone's eyes. Art Briles has shown he can turn a program around like he did by winning 4 State Titles at Stephenville and send Quarterback after Quarterback to Divison 1 Colleges and RG3 and Kevin Kolb to the NFL. And now he's starting to land the big time recruits with a top 25 class last year. They will be even better in 2014.

I just want to put this out there early that I believe that this team will be a big time powerhouse for years to come if Briles sticks around and doesn't take a higher profile job like at Texas or USC.

Keep your eyes out for this team. Only Ranked 15th in the country right now is a joke.

Baylor doesn't have the political juice to stay on top.  Within 2 more years, the coach will be gone to a bigger school, the NCAA will find a way to dry up the talent pipeline, and Baylor will be back to 4-7.
~

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Baylor doesn't have the political juice to stay on top.  Within 2 more years, the coach will be gone to a bigger school, the NCAA will find a way to dry up the talent pipeline, and Baylor will be back to 4-7.

Yeah that is pretty much how it always works when a coach has alot of success at a smaller school. I've got family in the Stephenville area so I have been watching Briles put out sick offense after sick offense since the early 90's.

As a lifelong Texas Longhorns fan, Briles to replace Mack Brown would be the ultimate marriage for me and once you get into the political side, with George W Bush and billionaire Tom Hicks as big time supporters of Texas it just seems like the no brainer move.