Author Topic: If there was a Starbucks inside your gym  (Read 4679 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: If there was a Starbucks inside your gym
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2008, 11:49:10 AM »
excellent idea

while we're at it add some immigrants who'll hand me my phone when i get an important call

I like that idea too. You could always go to Home Depot and grab a Mexican to do it for you, but then you have to let them get in your car. I would throw them in the trunk, but I have an SUV so I would still smell them. It sucks keeping your phone in your pocket, especially when you worry about setting DBs on it. But what can you do? It's not like you can just leave your phone in the car, that would be insane.
E

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
I like that idea too. You could always go to Home Depot and grab a Mexican to do it for you, but then you have to let them get in your car. I would throw them in the trunk, but I have an SUV so I would still smell them. It sucks keeping your phone in your pocket, especially when you worry about setting DBs on it. But what can you do? It's not like you can just leave your phone in the car, that would be insane.

they can always expand the gym and keep them tied up in the backyard and give them colored leashes or something so it's easy to keep an eye on them

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2008, 11:53:35 AM »
Overpriced coffee at the gym?  No thanks. ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2008, 11:55:12 AM »
they can always expand the gym and keep them tied up in the backyard and give them colored leashes or something so it's easy to keep an eye on them

Speaking of coloreds, have you ever belonged to a gym with an uppity colored person working there? I used to go to one and there was this trainer, he was like 50. I would walk in he would say "Hey Mike" so I replied "Hey Boy" and he always gave me a dirty look. I never understood that. And heaven forbid you ask the guy to park your car.  ::)
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2008, 11:56:06 AM »

That's cool, I was thinking of more of a man-woman dynamic anyway. No offense of course :)
E

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »
Yes I have been to gyms with all of these things:
dvd rental, cafe, bar, sports lounge, tennis courts, squash courts, pools

more like health clubs though and the free weights areas tend to be ignored
I hate these types of places....like the Virgin Active 'gyms' here in the UK.
I went for a trial session once and was shocked that there was only single bench in a three story complex and only a token corner for free weights. The rest of the 'gym' was rows of bikes, treadmills and other crap filled with soccer moms slowly reading magazines and taking their time.

A gym should have mostly free-weights, some necessary machines and a small section for bikes and treadmills.
Luckily the place I go to is just for people to lift weights, not a hardcore gym but it's thankfully not some health club.

Anyway, if coffee was available, like from a machine, then I'd probably be sipping a cup of warm black coffee between sets  :D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »
Lol at all the idiot that take that gimmick danielson serious.    What would you thinj about a gym with a McDonalds? Perfect for training Adonis principles. During workout BigMac rulz.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2008, 11:58:44 AM »

Anyway, if coffee was available, like from a machine, then I'd probably be sipping a cup of warm black coffee between sets  :D

Yep, some coffee and a quick phone call. Now we are talking!
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2008, 12:00:21 PM »
Lol at all the idiot that take that gimmick danielson serious.    What would you thinj about a gym with a McDonalds? Perfect for training Adonis principles. During workout BigMac rulz.

I am a gimmick huh? a gimmick who has talked on the phone to about a half dozen members here and posted a few dozen pics while you are too afraid to post one single pic.
E

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2008, 12:00:47 PM »
Speaking of coloreds, have you ever belonged to a gym with an uppity colored person working there? I used to go to one and there was this trainer, he was like 50. I would walk in he would say "Hey Mike" so I replied "Hey Boy" and he always gave me a dirty look. I never understood that. And heaven forbid you ask the guy to park your car.  ::)

i feel you're pain bro

at various occasions i offered these guys a sweet deal  but none of them seemed interested in making an extra buck shining my shoes after an intense workout, now why they  would turn down such an interesting business deal is beyond me

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2008, 12:03:02 PM »

hahah, yes danielson.  They all seem to have gotten more uppity in the last month.  I'm not sure why, it's not like the new president is going to fix their pathetic lives. hahaha

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2008, 12:07:34 PM »
i feel you're pain bro

at various occasions i offered these guys a sweet deal  but none of them seemed interested in making an extra buck shining my shoes after an intense workout, now why they  would turn down such an interesting business deal is beyond me

God blessed them with the ability to sing, dance, slam a basketball and shine shoes. Who are they to deny their God given gifts?
E

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »
We have a kitchen in my gym with seats where most hang out before and after the workout.

Many people eat relax before or after. Many also come in for teh social event and leave without training.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »
We have a kitchen in my gym with seats where most hang out before and after the workout.

Many people eat relax before or after. Many also come in for teh social event and leave without training.

Is the fridge stocked with beer?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »

I could get used to that idea for sure.
E

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »
It has a tv and lots of seats and many stand at the counter while Victor, the owner makes the food, starts the slagging and pours the coffee

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2008, 12:25:04 PM »
We could get you a phonebook to see over the counter and a booster chair at the table, what's the problem?
i don't understand this reply and or what it has to do with me considering you've never seen me.  :-\

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »
How about a masseuse? Not a real one, but a rub and tug, would you guys go for that? Not an Asian bitch either, they look like they got hit in the face with a frying pan.
E

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2008, 12:51:15 PM »
We have proper coffee shops at both my gyms. Espresso machines for coffees, commercial blenders and ice machines for shakes. We also do meals like chicken and rice at the main gym. Everyone loves it especially the visiting pros. Gym is a big part of peoples lives so if you make it an enjoyable experience people keep coming back. TD

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »
Kickin back is good.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:12 PM »
$1.66 for a tall regular coffee is overpriced? ???

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »

Your gym also does haircutting once a month too right?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
Gym = weight training then GTFO

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2008, 01:02:13 PM »
Gym = weight training then GTFO

you sound pretty hardcore griffith.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »
Would you be more likely to hang out after your workout and chill with the other members? I have been trying to get a Starbucks added for months now, or at least some type of fancy coffee place. They have protein drinks/shakes now, but as True Adonis has pointed out those drinks are worthless. No one can deny the effectiveness of coffee, plus for those of us who are actually dedicated and workout in the morning we could go in have our coffee, read the newspapers, perhaps they could even hire a little homie to shine our shoes? What do you guys think? Is this idea going to revolutionize the gym industry? Also, what would you rather have, a Starbucks or a personal trainer who spends most of their time in their office posting on muscle sites?
hahahaha, "little homie to shine our shoes", classic. ;D