Author Topic: Are you the gym guy at work?  (Read 3661 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Are you the gym guy at work?
« on: September 28, 2009, 09:49:40 AM »
Are you the obvious gym guy at the office?  Do people look at you and immediately know that you work out, or are your gym efforts only visible when you take your shirt off?  Either way, do you wish the opposite was the case?  If you interact with the public what kinds of gym/bodybuilding comments do you get?  Does anyone ever chat you up about the latest contest results assuming you would know or follow competitive bodybuilding?

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
Re: Are you the gym guy at work?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:53:05 AM »
Are you the obvious gym guy at the office?  Do people look at you and immediately know that you work out, or are your gym efforts only visible when you take your shirt off?  Either way, do you wish the opposite was the case?  If you interact with the public what kinds of gym/bodybuilding comments do you get?  Does anyone ever chat you up about the latest contest results assuming you would know or follow competitive bodybuilding?

I'm always asked to flex my biceps and show my abs. Comes from mostly guys though :-\

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:54:09 AM »
I'm the guy who eats all the time.  ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:58:19 AM »
if your gym efforts are only visible when you take your shirt off youre bbing unworthy.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 10:07:21 AM »
if your gym efforts are only visible when you take your shirt off youre bbing unworthy.

Speak for yourself.  A polo shirt shows more (arms for example) than a button down shirt worn with a tie.  In any case, not everyone who works out wants to be a bodybuilder, nor are they necessarily trying to cultivate attention.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:18:22 AM »
well define the word bodybuilder. everyone who is in the gym is someone who is building a body. you dont have to be a juicer or a monster to show that you workout.
if youre pressing good weight everyone can see those big ass boulders.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »

Lol, very true in a lot of ways :).  If you can wear a XXXL shirt and people can still obviously tell you workout then your doing alright.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:28:51 AM »

On 'casual fridays' I wear a tank top in the office, so everybody is amazed!!!
(to be serious: they know I work out, there are visible signs in a slim fit shirt and I am sure they think I have a 6 pack which I have never ever had in my life...)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 11:22:59 AM »

Lol, very true in a lot of ways :).  If you can wear a XXXL shirt and people can still obviously tell you workout then your doing alright.
X3! There is no room for physiques that resemble a pencil at best. When you can wear anything and buldge in it muscle wise, than you are doing A-OKAY.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 11:34:11 AM »

Zane
Labrada
PJ Guillaume
Benfatto, etc

say otherwise

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »
I'm the guy that can walk into various eating places here on campus and the people working already know what im going to order

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 12:30:22 PM »
I'm the guy that can walk into various eating places here on campus and the people working already know what im going to order

you should fuck with them and let 'em fix your order of chicken and broccoli and then ask for lasgna instead

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »

hahah yes, I would be the guy that when everyone was asked to bring in food to the office, I would go buy protein bars and stick them right by the junk food. It always worked by making the fat, junk eating slobs guilty when they came to eat at the office trough.

zwide

• Getbig II
  • hard work is the only way
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 12:38:47 PM »
I visited a different church this saturday and this deacon making a comment on the altar .. refers to me as the big guy who has big muscles ... and I was in a suite ...very flattering though ... ;D
Hard work is the only way

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 12:40:48 PM »
i work at home.  So I'm the fat guy, the gym guy, the smelly guy, all rolled into one.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »
I visited a different church this saturday and this deacon making a comment on the altar .. refers to me as the big guy who has big muscles ... and I was in a suite ...very flattering though ... ;D

He was either condemning you as a vain sinner or flirting with you!  :D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
I get the "how much do you bench?" more then anything. I also get the "How many days a week/how long do you workout?" Or "what supplements should i buy?" But most commits are positive in nature. Sometimes you get the guy that says, "I would never want muscles i just want to look tone." Commits. ::)
A

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »
don't know about work, but it never ceases to amaze me when i go to the gas station to get gas....

a long line of people buying cigs, beer, and utter crap to eat!

just today behind in line some guy whose "breakfast" considered of cigs, two donuts ( he ate one while in line), some pop tarts and a huge liter of mountain dew!

and this is everyday i see this stuff ( no, i don't live in dogpatch! laugh! i live on the outskirts of a major u.s. city) but don't know why i care when i see this stuff, but everyday it is starting to infuriate me that these are the same people who will bitch and moan they can't afford healthcare or can't afford a doctor and/or always complaining they look and feel like shit!!!

how many times can they be told that if you ate halfway decent and took care of yourself halfway decent thru exercise a little each day most of these feeling like shit and health problems they would not have in the first place!

hey, if you want to smoke, drink too much and eat like shit for 30 years fine, but i do not want to hear ONE WORD OF COMPLAINING WHEN YOUR bones creak, you get diabetes, and everything else!

sorry to go on my soapbox! lol! back to at work: yes, i'm the guy who people thinks works out and tries to eat healthy, usually don't get positive or negative comments, just in the middle of the road matter of fact comments.

even though i do have occassionally people ask me: you don't drink and you don't smoke, how do you have a good time? huh! aren't they the messed up people who have to drink and smoke to enjoy life? and of course their not really enjoying life as their body will soon show them in the years to come!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 01:16:27 PM »
Zane
Labrada
PJ Guillaume
Benfatto, etc

say otherwise
Sorry to say but each one of those guys mentioned would buldge / stand out in anything they wore versus a regular guy who never worked out.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »
Got a ton of "big guys" in this thread with no pics.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »

i see a guy wanting pictures of male members on a bodybuilding forum.......

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 01:37:10 PM »

haha, yes MOS.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 01:41:09 PM »
i see a guy wanting pictures of male members on a bodybuilding forum.......

I don't see anyone asking for pics...do you?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »
refers to me as the big guy who has big muscles ... and I was in a suite ...very flattering though ... ;D

Which "suite" was it.the one at the Mirage...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 01:42:57 PM »
I don't see anyone asking for pics...do you?

I'd like a new pic of your hunkiness.