Author Topic: Winners and Losers  (Read 18688 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Winners and Losers
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2021, 04:36:23 PM »
Did you read any of the articles in the link you posted?  They were service dogs.  They belonged to contractors, not the military, but they worked with the military.  And they were left at the airport. 

And why do you think this is funny?

I asked in the other thread if you could post a link.  I don't see anything about contractor's service dogs.   What I did see was :

---
"Photos circulating online were animals under the care of the Kabul Small Animal Rescue, not dogs under the care of the U.S. military," Eric Pahon, a spokesperson for the Defense Department.  The Defense Department cited "custom regulations" as an obstacle in evacuating "stray dogs" from Afghanistan.

A previous post from Kabul Small Animal Rescue described the animals as "dogs and cats left behind as people flee" in Kabul. The group never described the animals as being service animals.

"All our working dogs left with their handlers. We would not leave them behind," Pahon said. "To suggest otherwise is ridiculous."
---

And yes I do think it is funny that Trumpturds seize onto anything and everything they come across to whine about whether it is true or not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2021, 04:56:17 PM »
I asked in the other thread if you could post a link.  I don't see anything about contractor's service dogs.   What I did see was :

---
"Photos circulating online were animals under the care of the Kabul Small Animal Rescue, not dogs under the care of the U.S. military," Eric Pahon, a spokesperson for the Defense Department.  The Defense Department cited "custom regulations" as an obstacle in evacuating "stray dogs" from Afghanistan.

A previous post from Kabul Small Animal Rescue described the animals as "dogs and cats left behind as people flee" in Kabul. The group never described the animals as being service animals.

"All our working dogs left with their handlers. We would not leave them behind," Pahon said. "To suggest otherwise is ridiculous."
---

And yes I do think it is funny that Trumpturds seize onto anything and everything they come across to whine about whether it is true or not.

I posted the link and quote in the other thread.  I don't think there is anything funny about this entire situation. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2021, 05:03:06 PM »
I posted the link and quote in the other thread.  I don't think there is anything funny about this entire situation.

I didn't say the situation was funny.  I said trumpturds trying to latch onto anything they can find - even untrue - to keep whining over is funny.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2021, 05:17:15 PM »
I didn't say the situation was funny.  I said trumpturds trying to latch onto anything they can find - even untrue - to keep whining over is funny.

Literally no one but you are straw are defending Biden on this.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2021, 05:32:37 PM »
Literally no one but you are straw are defending Biden on this.

I am not defending anyone.  I am pointing out the source material being posted is incorrect.

But then on the other hand, one would expect the entire country would be happy our troops are coming home.  Well, everyone but Trumpturds that is.   Are you saying you would rather keep our troops over there in danger?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2021, 05:36:04 PM »
I am not defending anyone.  I am pointing out the source material being posted is incorrect.

But then on the other hand, one would expect the entire country would be happy our troops are coming home.  Well, everyone but Trumpturds that is.   Are you saying you would rather keep our troops over there in danger?

We had a tiny force there that were not engaged in battle.  We have more troops in many other parts of the world currently.   It’s not like our soldiers were slingling lead daily lately.  Everyone agreed that we needed to pull away.   The issue was the gross incompetence and dereliction of duty

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2021, 06:33:40 PM »
We had a tiny force there that were not engaged in battle.  We have more troops in many other parts of the world currently.   It’s not like our soldiers were slingling lead daily lately. Everyone agreed that we needed to pull away.   The issue was the gross incompetence and dereliction of duty

That right there says it all.  We don't need to be there.  Peacekeeping and police state enforcement is not our job.  Why isn't the UN doing it?  Isn't that what they are for?

And  you can't complain with how Biden did it because :

1 - Trumpy says it he started the process and it couldn't be stopped.
“I started the process. All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. They couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop.”  --Donald Trump, June 21st this year, at a rally in Ohio. 

2- You don't like Biden's withdrawal plan, but you liked Trumpy's?
Published on his website, the statement by the former US president read: “First you bring out all of the American citizens. Then you bring out ALL equipment. Then you bomb the bases into smithereens—AND THEN YOU BRING OUT THE MILITARY. You don’t do it in reverse order like Biden and our woke Generals did.”  “No chaos, no death—they wouldn’t even know we left!” the statement by Mr Trump read.

Trumpy wanted to blow up the military bases and after that bring the troops out. WTF?  Where was they going to be staying while the bases were being "bombed to smithereens?"  Holiday Inn?   You would want our troops over there sitting somewhere after Trumpy blew up secure and safe bases?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2021, 07:50:56 PM »
That right there says it all.  We don't need to be there.  Peacekeeping and police state enforcement is not our job.  Why isn't the UN doing it?  Isn't that what they are for?

And  you can't complain with how Biden did it because :

1 - Trumpy says it he started the process and it couldn't be stopped.
“I started the process. All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. They couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop.”  --Donald Trump, June 21st this year, at a rally in Ohio. 

2- You don't like Biden's withdrawal plan, but you liked Trumpy's?
Published on his website, the statement by the former US president read: “First you bring out all of the American citizens. Then you bring out ALL equipment. Then you bomb the bases into smithereens—AND THEN YOU BRING OUT THE MILITARY. You don’t do it in reverse order like Biden and our woke Generals did.”  “No chaos, no death—they wouldn’t even know we left!” the statement by Mr Trump read.

Trumpy wanted to blow up the military bases and after that bring the troops out. WTF?  Where was they going to be staying while the bases were being "bombed to smithereens?"  Holiday Inn?   You would want our troops over there sitting somewhere after Trumpy blew up secure and safe bases?

There is no way to reasonably put lipstick on this pig.  The withdrawal was a massive failure.  Just consider this one fact:  we pulled out 2500 noncombat troops and had to immediately replace them with almost 7000 combat troops.  That alone tells you how screwed up this was. 

Then factor in leaving our equipment behind, not telling our allies, giving up the airbase before getting our people out, and leaving our service members as sitting ducks at the airfield by not letting them set up a safe perimeter outside of the airfield.  That's why suicide bombers were able to drive right up to the airfield and blow those kids up.  There is no defending this.  Or blaming Trump or anyone else.