Author Topic: Forner NBA Star broke  (Read 12069 times)

Moosejay

Forner NBA Star broke
« on: July 12, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »
...Vin Baker, who made in excess of 100 million in his NBA career, just had his house foreclosed on in Durham, CT.

How the Hell does this happen.

Others who are broke, like Scottie Pippen, unbelievable.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
Re: Forner NBA Star broke
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »
maybe Vin Baker knocked you down and took your $100 today?
Addicted to the Steal

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 12:03:48 PM »
I don't get how you piss away all that money.  Vin Baker ate himself out of the NBA.  He had a TON of talent but never realized it!  

Moosejay

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 12:05:52 PM »
I don't get how you piss away all that money.  Vin Baker ate himself out of the NBA.  He had a TON of talent but never realized it!  

Huge drinking problem, too.

Can't feel sorry for guys like this.

They have such incredible power to help themselves and others.

And I don't mean the 'entourage'

spinnis

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 12:08:55 PM »
Black people cant handle money because they never had it before and never knew anyone who had it or never had a relative who had some..

Moosejay

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:10:20 PM »
Black people cant handle money because they never had it before and never knew anyone who had it or never had a relative who had some..

Magic Johnson does ok.

But we are talking 100 mill.

Let's say you burn thru 5 or 10 mill.

Okay. Out of your system.

What the hell else can you piss all that money away on?

spinnis

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 12:12:46 PM »
Ofcourse a few black men can handle it.

But ALOT of them obviously cant.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
Seems I'm black  :'(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »

Luadcris said "What's worse is having money and losing it"

It's not just NBA stars you can count many a Rockstar that has piss away his money as well.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »
I don't think it is just blacks, but a curse of all poor people.  If you grow up not having anything you start to base your life on the materialistic goods that you don't have.  This becomes your model for sucess when it should be something like education.  Thus when this people fall into money they spend it to show they are successful.  They have no clue how to save, or realistically how much money they will need to live their entire life at a certain attainable level.  Hence the boats, houses, bling, etc.

It is a harder thing to learn than you think.  I grew up poor and when I finally started having "okay" money I blew alot on frivoulous stuff, than 2 years later got laid off of my job without a penny in the bank.

I learned the hard way.  But at least I learned.  

Moosejay

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
I don't think it is just blacks, but a curse of all poor people.  If you grow up not having anything you start to base your life on the materialistic goods that you don't have.  This becomes your model for sucess when it should be something like education.  Thus when this people fall into money they spend it to show they are successful.  They have no clue how to save, or realistically how much money they will need to live their entire life at a certain attainable level.  Hence the boats, houses, bling, etc.

It is a harder thing to learn than you think.  I grew up poor and when I finally started having "okay" money I blew alot on frivoulous stuff, than 2 years later got laid off of my job without a penny in the bank.

true

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »
Sounds like some bad investments.

It's impossible to drink away 100 mill.

Did this cat throw huge expensive parties every weekend / buy boats to all his friends / use coke?
Q

Moosejay

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 12:48:21 PM »
Sounds like some bad investments.

It's impossible to drink away 100 mill.

Did this cat throw huge expensive parties every weekend / buy boats to all his friends / use coke?

likely all that and more

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 12:49:24 PM »
I don't think it is just blacks, but a curse of all poor stupid people.  If you grow up not having anything you start to base your life on the materialistic goods that you don't have.  This becomes your model for sucess when it should be something like education.  Thus when this people fall into money they spend it to show they are successful.  They have no clue how to save, or realistically how much money they will need to live their entire life at a certain attainable level.  Hence the boats, houses, bling, etc.

It is a harder thing to learn than you think.  I grew up poor and when I finally started having "okay" money I blew alot on frivoulous stuff, than 2 years later got laid off of my job without a penny in the bank.

I learned the hard way.  But at least I learned. 
fixed

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »
probably weak minded and controlled by women.

Yes

"Delegated by the power of the puss....many pusses, that is"

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »

Well you learnt wrong.

It's got nothing to do with being poor, and everything to do with intelligence and culture. You don't see asians striking it rich and going broke a few years later.

Black culture isn't complex, and having 100 million is, put the two together you have a broke ass dude.

Moosejay

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »
Maybe also a 'victim' of the 'Travis Henry' syndrome...you know...9 bastard children by nine different women

award-winning plan, wouldn't change a thing

Moosejay

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 12:58:30 PM »
Getting laid off fucking blows.  I've been through similar shit.

On the upside, it can open you to new opportunities

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 12:59:08 PM »
vin was the shit when he played for the sonics

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 01:00:12 PM »
Maybe also a 'victim' of the 'Travis Henry' syndrome...you know...9 bastard children by nine different women

award-winning plan, wouldn't change a thing

It's got nothing to do with falling for pussy and everything to do with Travis Henry being a dumbass.

Most pro athletes from the NFL and NBA aren't very intelligent. They come from stocks that were bred to be strong and work, not be financially careful.

Baseball players are a little different. Tennis players are probably the most intelligent and I don't see any tennis players going broke and going into massive debt

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 01:01:54 PM »
I saw Cecil Fielder yesterday - he's the manager of the Atlantic City Surf (CanAm League baseball team)

he was taking pictures with children, signing autographs for anyone who asked, and even bought 50-50 tickets

body88

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 01:03:04 PM »
...Vin Baker, who made in excess of 100 million in his NBA career, just had his house foreclosed on in Durham, CT.

How the Hell does this happen.

Others who are broke, like Scottie Pippen, unbelievable.

Coke and whores, taking athletes money since the dawn of time.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »
Tennis and Golf-players are probably those athletes in sport that are most financially intelligent.

Then again, anyone can succumb to an addiction.
Q

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »
Well you learnt wrong.

It's got nothing to do with being poor, and everything to do with intelligence and culture. You don't see asians striking it rich and going broke a few years later.

Black culture isn't complex, and having 100 million is, put the two together you have a broke ass dude.

Well Camel Jockey have you been poor?  If not you can't know.  As far as intelligence goes I believe that has alot to do with it as well.  However I am intelligent, I have my degree and am working on being a nurse practitioner.  Also I am asian.  Had a great job as a Migrant and Refugee Youth Development Coordinator, than bam 9/11 happened and we lost funding.  

Anyone can make a mistake.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 01:14:01 PM »
"handling" money has nothing to do with it.  You don't just mishandle 100 million dollars.  you gotta do some dumbfuck shit to lose all that money.  vin baker, proving once again the perils of black culture; they don't invest their money, they show it off.