Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113964 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »
lets be real here.

if i won my pro card back in 93, i would never had the run i have had as a top npc national competitor.

i would of been a pro when dorian was changing the sport, and i would of lasted maybe 3 years tops trying to crack the top 10....then done.

my road has been a long one, and a very enjoyable one:

i been under contract with EAS, and now UNIVERSAL NUTRITION going on my 13th year this january.
i been to mexico, germany, italy, poland, and PR all from bodybuilding, and had a ton of fun.

i enjoy what i do...

Everything happens for a reason bro!!! ;D

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2008, 03:12:48 PM »
Everything happens for a reason bro!!! ;D

maybe
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »
May 2nd Pittsburgh Pro 202, and May 16th New York Pro 202....i'll make my pro debut there
ANIMAL

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
May 2nd Pittsburgh Pro 202, and May 16th New York Pro 202....i'll make my pro debut there

cant wait ;D

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2008, 09:35:28 AM »
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2008, 10:04:48 AM »
WHEN DO U START DIET BRO..

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »
WHEN DO U START DIET BRO..

12 weeks out from the first show.
ANIMAL

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2008, 05:08:55 AM »
for the first few months i was like a deer in headlights...lol

mike i know what you mean....but they didn't GIVE me anything....i fuckin earned it....lol

and in any past shows...i was beat by someone better than me, so NO i should never have turned pro years ago.....i like exactly how everything played out.

Hey Vinnie,
  This is Harley and I want to compliment you on your most humble response pasted above.  First, I will say that you did earn your Pro Card and you know that I am one of your harshest critics.  I say that only because I had the privilege of training with you and traveling with you to shows and simply wanted only the best for you.
  Also, most guys hold onto the usual misbelief that they weren't beaten by better guys.  It's refreshing to hear a guy be so brutally honest.  I was debating about starting a thread re Craig's upcoming year but have been really disappointed by all the unwarranted hostility and apparent disinterest in true bodybuilding discourse.  Seeing your thread here in the Positive section gives me hope.
  As far as your first show, none of us want you to do anything that places unnecessary stress upon you or Sheila (one of the nicest ladies I have ever met).  May I suggest the Atlantic City show?  Craig and I drive down Friday night and leave Sunday morning.  That makes for a relatively inexpensive stay despite the inflated hotel price.  Your family can even drive you home Saturday night as it's only about 2 hours away.  It's an extremely well run show and Stokely and Ron are great promoters.  I also think that with all that time to train and the quality of that show, there is no way you will be overlooked.
  In closing, it's great to see you up there on a pro stage where you belong.  Attitude and appreciation for the fans makes for a very long and prosperous career.  It's too bad so many other "pros" didn't learn that from you a long time ago.
Your friend,
Harley

texasmusclegeek

• Getbig I
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2008, 10:54:34 AM »
Hey Vinnie,
  This is Harley and I want to compliment you on your most humble response pasted above.  First, I will say that you did earn your Pro Card and you know that I am one of your harshest critics.  I say that only because I had the privilege of training with you and traveling with you to shows and simply wanted only the best for you.
  Also, most guys hold onto the usual misbelief that they weren't beaten by better guys.  It's refreshing to hear a guy be so brutally honest.  I was debating about starting a thread re Craig's upcoming year but have been really disappointed by all the unwarranted hostility and apparent disinterest in true bodybuilding discourse.  Seeing your thread here in the Positive section gives me hope.
  As far as your first show, none of us want you to do anything that places unnecessary stress upon you or Sheila (one of the nicest ladies I have ever met).  May I suggest the Atlantic City show?  Craig and I drive down Friday night and leave Sunday morning.  That makes for a relatively inexpensive stay despite the inflated hotel price.  Your family can even drive you home Saturday night as it's only about 2 hours away.  It's an extremely well run show and Stokely and Ron are great promoters.  I also think that with all that time to train and the quality of that show, there is no way you will be overlooked.
  In closing, it's great to see you up there on a pro stage where you belong.  Attitude and appreciation for the fans makes for a very long and prosperous career.  It's too bad so many other "pros" didn't learn that from you a long time ago.
Your friend,
Harley

thanks harley.....202 class is where i'm stayin for now....pittsburgh and ny
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2008, 10:56:12 AM »
THE NEXT FRANK ZANE

first off....i'm better looking, and i dont have side burns......but it is an honor to be compared to frank zane...thank you....lol
ANIMAL

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2008, 01:01:46 PM »
Just picked up the new "Flex" and there is a great feature/write-up on Vinny in there!

congrats

texasmusclegeek

• Getbig I
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
Just picked up the new "Flex" and there is a great feature/write-up on Vinny in there!

congrats

december issue of MUSCLE & FITNESS, now febuary issue of FLEX

did he re-sign with UNIVERSAL or is this a new WEIDER GUY?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2008, 07:52:37 PM »
first off....i'm better looking, and i dont have side burns......but it is an honor to be compared to frank zane...thank you....lol

grow the side burns vinny"elvis"galanti lol....

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2008, 04:03:04 AM »
i'm not growing side burns lol, and i just re-signed with UNIVERSAL for a 13th year
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2008, 04:10:03 AM »

congrats

thanks mike
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2008, 06:51:28 AM »
i'm not growing side burns lol, and i just re-signed with UNIVERSAL for a 13th year
congrats ,,,,they should use u in print ads more,they used too back in ninties more.i guess they push the animal hardcore ads,u do a lot of publicity for them with the cage at events which is good publicity too.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
VINNY WHATS A TYPICAL OFFSEASON LIKE NOW EATING SCHEDULE AND HOW MANY CALORIES DO U GET IN,AND SUPPLEMENTED SHAKES ECT....CHEAT MEALS INCLUDED PIZZA ECT...CARDIO NOW OR NO?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »
VINNY WHATS A TYPICAL OFFSEASON LIKE NOW EATING SCHEDULE AND HOW MANY CALORIES DO U GET IN,AND SUPPLEMENTED SHAKES ECT....CHEAT MEALS INCLUDED PIZZA ECT...CARDIO NOW OR NO?

typical day:

meal 1:
6 egg whites 1 yolk scrabbled on a plain bagel
snapple iced tea

meal 2:
sliced london broil
white rice

meal 3:
3 scoops of whey isolate

meal 4:
grilled chicken wrap
white rice

meal 5
waxy maze and a scoop of whey isolate after training

meal 6
porter house steak
baked potatoe
salad

i dont count calories or do any cardio in the off season.

i dont over eat, i never stuff my self...i would never do anything to distort my gut.
i dont believe in getting fat and bloated in the off season, i can guest pose at moments notice.

i never do cardio in the off season.

ANIMAL

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2008, 04:40:23 PM »
vinny i noticed u dont have a lot of the extra good fats u had in other diets u posted? was this just a random thing or have u cut back on them?

and have a good new years
w

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2008, 07:30:48 PM »
good reply vin on diet day to day ,i seem to follow the same course pretty much,same no cardio ever,eat to get protein and fair amount of carbs to train and rest ,now u no many top bbers and are friendly with some,my question for u is u stay lean enough and bloat free to guest pose and keep looking like a bber,now some of your friends or top bbers decide to overeat and bloat?did this practice not feel or look right for your physique you were striving for?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2008, 11:25:35 PM »
typical day:

meal 1:
6 egg whites 1 yolk scrabbled on a plain bagel
snapple iced tea

meal 2:
sliced london broil
white rice

meal 3:
3 scoops of whey isolate

meal 4:
grilled chicken wrap
white rice

meal 5
waxy maze and a scoop of whey isolate after training

meal 6
porter house steak
baked potatoe
salad

i dont count calories or do any cardio in the off season.

i dont over eat, i never stuff my self...i would never do anything to distort my gut.
i dont believe in getting fat and bloated in the off season, i can guest pose at moments notice.

i never do cardio in the off season.

looks great vinny, i can see how you've stayed so lean now for all these years after looking at ur diet.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2008, 01:00:40 PM »
vinny i noticed u dont have a lot of the extra good fats u had in other diets u posted? was this just a random thing or have u cut back on them?

and have a good new years

what i posted above is what i eat in the off season, and when its 16 weeks out i switch over to zero carbs...good fats, and lean proteins.
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2008, 01:09:27 PM »
good reply vin on diet day to day ,i seem to follow the same course pretty much,same no cardio ever,eat to get protein and fair amount of carbs to train and rest ,now u no many top bbers and are friendly with some,my question for u is u stay lean enough and bloat free to guest pose and keep looking like a bber,now some of your friends or top bbers decide to overeat and bloat?did this practice not feel or look right for your physique you were striving for?

i think its down right stupid to blow up to 250 if your going to compete as a lightheavy weight at 198. and if a guy is in great shape at 250...why scarifice the muscle to make wt?

i never got caught up in keeping up with anyone...

i do my own thing....remember, i'm the next FRANK ZANE.....lol
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »
looks great vinny, i can see how you've stayed so lean now for all these years after looking at ur diet.

i'm fortunate that i have a fast metabolism...i can get away with eating foods that others could not go near.
ANIMAL