Author Topic: Rubio to GOP: Don’t pass my immigration bill!  (Read 312 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rubio to GOP: Don’t pass my immigration bill!
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
Senator Marco Rubio is bailing on his own immigration bill.
Not only is the senator from Florida now telling House Republicans not to pass the Senate legislation he co-sponsored and championed for months – he’s urging them not to negotiate with the Senate at all.

In a brutal twist for reform, Rubio’s office told conservative news outlet Breitbart on Sunday that Speaker Boehner should not go to conference with the Senate to pass a final bill. That’s the position anti-immigration House Republicans have taken for months, but the whole reason they oppose Senate talks is that they’re scared Boehner will cut a deal that’s – well, that’s just like Rubio’s bill.

Instead, Rubio suggested the House pass a series of piecemeal bills that could fall short of a comprehensive package.

Rubio’s new position is a shocking turnaround, considering many believed he would use his conservative star power to give the Republican-controlled House cover for a tough vote on immigration reform. The hope among national Republicans when Rubio joined the Senate’s efforts was that its passage would both move the party forward and leave Rubio well-positioned for a presidential run.
“He gets some heat from the right and, before you know it, the boy wonder retreats and dissembles,” Frank Sharry, president of America’s Voice, told msnbc.

The “pass it piecemeal” line is what House Republicans are already doing. Democrats have shown some willingness to entertain the approach, if Republicans included a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants in the mix.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Rubio to GOP: Don’t pass my immigration bill!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
The “pass it piecemeal” line is what House Republicans are already doing. Democrats have shown some willingness to entertain the approach, if Republicans included a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants in the mix.

That is a blatant lie. Republicans wanted a path to citizenship but only after securing the border FIRST and making sure that another 12 million illegals end up among us.

If Democrats had favored the "piecemeal" approach they wouldn't be so willing to create a bill that provides a pathway to amnesty BEFORE securing the border.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Rubio to GOP: Don’t pass my immigration bill!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 01:33:07 PM »

That is a blatant lie. Republicans wanted a path to citizenship but only after securing the border FIRST and making sure that another 12 million illegals end up among us.

If Democrats had favored the "piecemeal" approach they wouldn't be so willing to create a bill that provides a pathway to amnesty BEFORE securing the border.

So was Rubio suckered by the lying libs?

he's either a flipflopper, or capable of being easily pwned and duped by dems.

Either way, he's about 10th on the list of people I hope win teh GOP nomination.  Far better to pick a candidate without such a mess.  The fact he supports any kind of amnesty - even after closing the border - tells me he's not good for America.