Author Topic: Jon Stewart slams ObamaCare roll out  (Read 4481 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Jon Stewart slams ObamaCare roll out
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
Even MSNBC is calling out Obama for his lies at this point.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 07:03:02 AM »

Stewart once again proves he is unbiased.

Will all you FOX wievers get your news from Stewart from now on?
You will all be better informed and the debates here will be more interesting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »
Q: Is Jon Stewart a credible source of information?

A: That's a tricky one...  He's very astute and accurate when he points out the bullshit in everything Obama does.  But then he attacks FOX news with some completely unfounded nonsense that totally isn't based in fact or reality.

???

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 01:12:54 PM »

A: That's a tricky one...  He's very astute and accurate when he points out the bullshit in everything Obama does.  But then he attacks FOX news with some completely unfounded nonsense that totally isn't based in fact or reality.

???

Exactly!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »

???

Of course not.  He's a comedian.  And like many comedians, sometimes he's funny, sometimes he's not.  He's not a serious political commentator. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »
Of course not.  He's a comedian.  And like many comedians, sometimes he's funny, sometimes he's not.  He's not a serious political commentator. 

But he is consistent.  He consistently tears a new a-hole for both the left and the right.  He embarasses CNN, FOX, and MSNBC all the time.  He shits on palin, obama, biden, romney, and everyone else. 

Nobody can accuse stewart of being part of "the left" as he roasts obama on a regular basis, with things like this.   I love it how fox claims to be fair & balanced, because they balance things out by taking the far-right position.  Then anyone who bashes BOTH sides, like stewart, is far-left.  If you diss the right 1% of the time, BOOM, you're part of the liberal lie machine.  No surprise a group with this logic can't get their shit together and pick a candidate that can win.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 01:37:20 PM »
But he is consistent.  He consistently tears a new a-hole for both the left and the right.  He embarasses CNN, FOX, and MSNBC all the time.  He shits on palin, obama, biden, romney, and everyone else. 

Nobody can accuse stewart of being part of "the left" as he roasts obama on a regular basis, with things like this.   I love it how fox claims to be fair & balanced, because they balance things out by taking the far-right position.  Then anyone who bashes BOTH sides, like stewart, is far-left.  If you diss the right 1% of the time, BOOM, you're part of the liberal lie machine.  No surprise a group with this logic can't get their shit together and pick a candidate that can win.

Stewart shilled for obamacare like the rest of liberal dolts and now is embarrassed by how incompetent and delusional the asshole he voted for 2x over has put it together. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

This is sort of all over the place.  Soul Crusher posted a clip of Stewart poking fun at the Obamacare rollout.  Maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see anyone touting him as a serious political commentator in this thread.  And I don't really care if he is consistent.  The point is he's a comedian.  We don't rely on comedians for serious political commentary.  Isn't his show on Comedy Central or something like that?  Nobody should be relying on Comedy Central for serious political commentary.   

Regarding Fox News, they are in fact fair and balanced.  Their hard news shows don't take "the far-right position."  They report the news.  They also bring on Democrats and Republicans all the time.  The opinion shows are obviously conservative, but even they have liberals on their shows all the time. 

And to call Fox News "they" as if they are the network that chooses the Republican party nominee really makes no sense.  They (the hard news shows) report, the voters decide. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »
The point is he's a comedian.  We don't rely on comedians for serious political commentary.

I dunno... George Carlin gave us some very brilliant political commentary... Can we list five "political commentators" that had a more profound & lasting impact upon society's perception of politics over the last half-century, than Carlin?

I don't think anyone will be looking back in 50 years at the brilliant thoughts of Toure or Megyn Kelly... but the words of Carlin will still be ringing true for many.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 01:54:03 PM »
I dunno... George Carlin gave us some very brilliant political commentary... Can we list five "political commentators" that had a more profound & lasting impact upon society's perception of politics over the last half-century, than Carlin?

I don't think anyone will be looking back in 50 years at the brilliant thoughts of Toure or Megyn Kelly... but the words of Carlin will still be ringing true for many.

I have no idea nor do I care whether political commenters were more profound than George Carlin.  I rely on comedians to make me laugh.  I don't depend on them for insightful political commentary. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »

His "reporting" has proven time and again to be more unbiased than most and much more so than FOX and MSNBC (that is totally useless for news value).

On that account alone it is way more serious as you put it and you get a good laugh as well.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »
I have no idea nor do I care whether political commenters were more profound than George Carlin.  I rely on comedians to make me laugh.  I don't depend on them for insightful political commentary. 

YOU don't rely on comedians for political commentary.  You watch news or listen to talk radio or read websites on the matter.  I do too.

Most people don't partake in these boring things like we do.  WAY more people listen to Chris Rock or Katt Williams or Carlin, than glue themselves to Brit Hume each night.  And yes, the political spoutings of these comedians have a great effect upon society, and as we see in the case of carlin, are still referenced and discussed and shared 30+ years later.

I'm talking macro, as a society, not micro as in us on getbig political board.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 02:28:39 PM »
YOU don't rely on comedians for political commentary.  You watch news or listen to talk radio or read websites on the matter.  I do too.

Most people don't partake in these boring things like we do.  WAY more people listen to Chris Rock or Katt Williams or Carlin, than glue themselves to Brit Hume each night.  And yes, the political spoutings of these comedians have a great effect upon society, and as we see in the case of carlin, are still referenced and discussed and shared 30+ years later.

I'm talking macro, as a society, not micro as in us on getbig political board.

Most people who follow politics get their information from TV, the internet, and/or papers and magazines.  They don't get their information from Stewart, Chris Rock, or any other comedian.  

And no, the political spoutings of standup comics do not have a great effect on society in the political sense.  They make people laugh (if they are funny).  They don't affect elections and they have zero impact on public policy.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
Most people who follow politics get their information from TV, the internet, and/or papers and magazines.  They don't get their information from Stewart, Chris Rock, or any other comedian. 

And no, the political spoutings of standup comics do not have a great effect on society in the political sense.  They make people laugh (if they are funny).  They don't affect elections and they have zero impact on public policy.   

THAT is the key there - most people aren't glued to politics like we are.  And most people that ARE glued to politics already know now who they're voting for in 2016.  You don't follow politics 1-2 hours a day because you don't identify with policies of one party or another.

The SWING voters are those american idol watching, low info voters that choose the president based upon who is hipper, who doesn't mistreat his dog, who hasn't done cocaine, etc.  And YES, for that middle 10% of the population, there's a darn good chance they watch more Jon Stewart than Bill OReilly.

So yeah - I think this discussion has evolved to a point where we've shown comedians DO have a big effect on elections.  Swing voters decide in the weeks before an election who they'll vote for.  They don't watch GOp debates, they don't know about benghazi.  They watch tosh.0 on comedy central then learn their news from jon stewart. 

BB, sorry to tell you this, but you're among educated people that understand politics.  You are smarter than the avg american.  Whether you agree with people here, or think they're idiots, they're still way better informed than the average swing voters. They're not the brightest, but they do decide elections.  They voted Reagan, clinton, Bush and obama.  They'll pick the next prez too!  it sure won't be Chris matthews or Mark Levin converting those swing voters - it'll be colbert and stewart.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
THAT is the key there - most people aren't glued to politics like we are.  And most people that ARE glued to politics already know now who they're voting for in 2016.  You don't follow politics 1-2 hours a day because you don't identify with policies of one party or another.

The SWING voters are those american idol watching, low info voters that choose the president based upon who is hipper, who doesn't mistreat his dog, who hasn't done cocaine, etc.  And YES, for that middle 10% of the population, there's a darn good chance they watch more Jon Stewart than Bill OReilly.

So yeah - I think this discussion has evolved to a point where we've shown comedians DO have a big effect on elections.  Swing voters decide in the weeks before an election who they'll vote for.  They don't watch GOp debates, they don't know about benghazi.  They watch tosh.0 on comedy central then learn their news from jon stewart. 

BB, sorry to tell you this, but you're among educated people that understand politics.  You are smarter than the avg american.  Whether you agree with people here, or think they're idiots, they're still way better informed than the average swing voters. They're not the brightest, but they do decide elections.  They voted Reagan, clinton, Bush and obama.  They'll pick the next prez too!  it sure won't be Chris matthews or Mark Levin converting those swing voters - it'll be colbert and stewart.

That's just flat out incorrect.  Swing voters are independents.  Those are not the people glued to reality TV.  The low information folks are the ones who stay home on election day. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2013, 04:37:08 PM »

+1

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2013, 04:41:18 PM »
This is sort of all over the place.  Soul Crusher posted a clip of Stewart poking fun at the Obamacare rollout.  Maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see anyone touting him as a serious political commentator in this thread.  And I don't really care if he is consistent.  The point is he's a comedian.  We don't rely on comedians for serious political commentary.  Isn't his show on Comedy Central or something like that?  Nobody should be relying on Comedy Central for serious political commentary.   

No but in a world where stations like FOX lie to get an agenda a cross makes it the best solution.

Regarding Fox News, they are in fact fair and balanced.

This line here proves you are dumb as rocks. You should resign as a Mod seriously WTF ??? Dont ever talk in a political discussion again

Their hard news shows don't take "the far-right position."  They report the news.  They also bring on Democrats and Republicans all the time.  The opinion shows are obviously conservative, but even they have liberals on their shows all the time. 

And to call Fox News "they" as if they are the network that chooses the Republican party nominee really makes no sense.  They (the hard news shows) report, the voters decide. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2013, 10:24:02 PM »

Stewart once again proves he is unbiased.

Will all you FOX wievers get your news from Stewart from now on?
You will all be better informed and the debates here will be more interesting.

I dunno... I wouldn't exactly call Jon Stewart "unbiased". IMO, he as completely biased.
He's also extremely clever & quick witted, ...and like ANY late-night comedian, he's not about to pass up an opportunity to deliver comedy gold! Screw ups like the launch of the Obamacare website are a comdeian's wet dream... rife with plenty of material. He's not about to let Leno, Conan, Fallon, or anyone else ride this gravy-train without him.  ;D
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
I dunno... I wouldn't exactly call Jon Stewart "unbiased". IMO, he as completely biased.
He's also extremely clever & quick witted, ...and like ANY late-night comedian, he's not about to pass up an opportunity to deliver comedy gold! Screw ups like the launch of the Obamacare website are a comdeian's wet dream... rife with plenty of material. He's not about to let Leno, Conan, Fallon, or anyone else ride this gravy-train without him.  ;D

Truth ;D but he presents the news as they are he doesnt make them up and lie like FOX do.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 03:16:53 AM »
Even MSNBC is calling out Obama for his lies at this point.

MSNBC beats FOX news in the integrity department.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 07:38:13 AM »

Regarding Fox News, they are in fact fair and balanced.  Their hard news shows don't take "the far-right position."  They report the news.  They also bring on Democrats and Republicans all the time.  The opinion shows are obviously conservative, but even they have liberals on their shows all the time. 

It's like saying Hitler has a jew servant and thus was fair and balanced towards them.

They are a far right, or right leaning network, they have been found to be the biggest source of misinformation of all the news stations. Not one of the anchors is left leaning that I have seen.

Please don't suggest Fox is fair and balanced, when in fact the opposite has been proven to be true. You really take comfort in your alternate reality.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 08:53:22 AM »

Have you spent extensive time watching these stations? Where does your opinion come from? I used to watch msnbc constantly, then cnn, and fox.
Based on that I can honestly say msnbc is the most biased of all of them, by quite a good margin.I mean they now have AL SHARPTON with his own show...what more needs be said??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2013, 09:28:17 AM »
That's just flat out incorrect.  Swing voters are independents.  Those are not the people glued to reality TV.  The low information folks are the ones who stay home on election day.  

Swing voters often don't decide until the week/month of the election, who they will vote for.

yes, that's VERY much low info voters.  If a person listens to 2 national debates and says "You know, I still can't decide if socialized govt with a marxist flavor is right for me, what do you think honey?", then YES, this person is a low-grade individual, dumb as a box of rocks.  Stats show the average independent voter is poor, not a college graduate.  Yes, low-info voters all the way.

So yes, to clarify... watch SNL (yes, comedians!), speak on this... (:40 seconds)

[ Invalid YouTube link ]