Author Topic: DOW approaching 8500  (Read 1052 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
DOW approaching 8500
« on: May 06, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
I wonder what will happen as it gradually reaches 9000, 9500, 10k and beyond.

Will people still hope for Obama to fail, as their portfolios recover?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: DOW approaching 8500
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »
They won't recover as much as they lost....how are all those jobs coming, that he promised....oh wait. Good job Barry.  ::)
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »
I doubt the Appeaser in Chief is responsible for this. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:04 PM »
I doubt the Appeaser in Chief is responsible for this. 

He did pass a stimulus bill which injectd trillions of dollars into the US economy.

If you don't see how putting trillions of $ into the economy influences the economy...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:18 PM »
Good to see some mild recovery in the stock market but we're still way behind.
The issue is what kind of debt are we creating and how are we going to pay for this (and when will more taxes be raised).  For the immense amount of $ spent and consequences to look forward too, we should have seen more economic benefits for this to be justified.  Banks are still in a mess and not lending after all that TARP $.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 12:48:22 PM »
He did pass a stimulus bill which injectd trillions of dollars into the US economy.

If you don't see how putting trillions of $ into the economy influences the economy...

The guy is spending us into the ground..debt debt debt....debt on the level Bush or the entire list of the presidents before Obama can't imagine. He's done nothing for unemployment and his so-called transparent stimulus spending...ain't so transparent.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »

No, I don't see a correlation between the grossly irresponsible spending of money we don't have and the government taking an alarmingly greater degree of control over the private sector and the Dow inching up lately.

The man is hardly installing confidence in the marketplace.  The only people in the "market" happy to have him are the governments and bankrupt companies getting handouts.  

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »
No, I don't see a correlation between the grossly irresponsible spending of money we don't have and the government taking an alarmingly greater degree of control over the private sector and the Dow inching up lately.

The man is hardly installing confidence in the marketplace.  The only people in the "market" happy to have him are the governments and bankrupt companies getting handouts.  

And unions!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 01:24:37 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »
what will you say 240 when the market drops back down b/c it will? will you blame obama or pass the buck like he has taught you to?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
haha its funny to see the extent of republicans' deep, personal hatred for obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:54 PM »
what will you say 240 when the market drops back down b/c it will? will you blame obama or pass the buck like he has taught you to?

i will examine what events happened before the drop.

In this case, the markets were tanking.  Obama passed the stim bill, and this till be the 7th week in a row that the DOW has risen.

Believe you me.... if the market had DROPPED for the 7 weeks after obama passed the sim package, I think more than a few folks here would somehow believe they were related ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 09:38:05 PM »
i will examine what events happened before the drop.

In this case, the markets were tanking.  Obama passed the stim bill, and this till be the 7th week in a row that the DOW has risen.

Believe you me.... if the market had DROPPED for the 7 weeks after obama passed the sim package, I think more than a few folks here would somehow believe they were related ;)
you dont think that a natural increase was bound to happen?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »
you dont think that a natural increase was bound to happen?

economy stunk and obama printed ten trillion bucks out of thin air.

Did YOU think this would improve things?  LMAO....

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 11:57:35 PM »
They won't recover as much as they lost....how are all those jobs coming, that he promised....oh wait. Good job Barry.  ::)

Comming along pretty good... Have you lost your job yet?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »
economy stunk and obama printed ten trillion bucks out of thin air.

Did YOU think this would improve things?  LMAO....
LOL trust you know it and so do i that will catch up with us sooner or later same with his spending bill...my question is you dont think that a natural increase was going to happen, you really think the market is going to keep this pace, LOL dont you have a MBA? LOL the market will turn again bro and you will blame every other factor other then obama im calling it right now

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »
LOL trust you know it and so do i that will catch up with us sooner or later same with his spending bill...my question is you dont think that a natural increase was going to happen, you really think the market is going to keep this pace, LOL dont you have a MBA? LOL the market will turn again bro and you will blame every other factor other then obama im calling it right now

the market SHOULD be going down right now.  that's what the trends were at when Bush left office.  Obama took over and - woah - shit is getting better.  Just as when linton took over a recession in 93 and had it turned around in a year, and got the DOW up over 300% on his watch.  Obama's raised the DOW 7 straight weeks. 

You want to cite "cycles" now?  Dude printed ten trillion dollars.   Dollar should have SUNK.  It didn't.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »
the market SHOULD be going down right now.  that's what the trends were at when Bush left office.  Obama took over and - woah - shit is getting better.  Just as when linton took over a recession in 93 and had it turned around in a year, and got the DOW up over 300% on his watch.  Obama's raised the DOW 7 straight weeks. 

You want to cite "cycles" now?  Dude printed ten trillion dollars.   Dollar should have SUNK.  It didn't.
actually i believe the market was coming back up before obama even took office.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »

::) ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Noriel Roubini & Mathew Richardson:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124147831175584985.html

We Can't Subsidize the Banks Forever

The results of the government's stress tests on banks, to be released in a few days, will not mark the beginning of the end of the financial crisis. If we are to believe the leaks, the results will show that there might be a few problems at some of the regional banks and Citigroup and Bank of America may need some more capital if things get worse. But the overall message is that the sector is in pretty good shape. 

This would be good news if it, (stress test) were credible. But the International Monetary Fund has just released a study of estimated losses on U.S. loans and securities. It was very bleak -- $2.7 trillion, double the estimated losses of six months ago. Our estimates at RGE Monitor are even higher, at $3.6 trillion, implying that the financial system is currently near insolvency in the aggregate. With the U.S. banks and broker-dealers accounting for more than half these losses there is a huge disconnect between these estimated losses and the regulators' conclusions.

The hope was that the stress tests would be the start of a process that would lead to a cleansing of the financial system. But using a market-based scenario in the stress tests would have given worse results than the adverse scenario chosen by the regulators. For example, the first quarter's unemployment rate of 8.1% is higher than the regulators' "worst case" scenario of 7.9% for this same period. At the rate of job losses in the U.S. today, we will surpass a 10.3% unemployment rate this year -- the stress test's worst possible scenario for 2010. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Trader...&asset=&ccode=

The government had to pay greater interest than expected in a sale of 30-year Treasuries. That is worrisome to traders because it could signal that it will become harder for Washington to finance its ambitious economic recovery plans. The higher interest rates also could push up costs for borrowing in areas like mortgages.