Author Topic: James Gandolfini or Don Youngblood: Which life would you want?  (Read 11551 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: James Gandolfini or Don Youngblood.
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »
You're not going to be around anyone you know in hell. Only folks around you will be demons.

There is no hell.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
Re: James Gandolfini or Don Youngblood.
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 03:29:28 PM »
There is no hell.

There is, actually:  life itself.  But it all depends on one's perspective.  A cynical man will, in the end, assume life is a pointless exercise in gluttony, stupidity and abject failure.  An optimist will probably adopt Fatalism, holding that everything happens for a reason and that a better "life" awaits in the thereafter. 

Then you have someone like me.  If you ask me, "Is the glass half empty, or half full?", I say, "Herp derp!  BOTH."  Half empty and half full aren't mutually exclusive.

That is the great thing about Eastern philosophies and religions, particularly Buddhism.  Those trains of thought recognize the cyclical and duality inherent to reality, and/or anything potentially beyond.

But purely speaking as a man raised as a Christian -- and I don't think that should be the dirty word with which it is so often regarded these days, when areligiosity is the "in thing" -- it is important to remember that my beliefs are something I hold dear in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

Put another way, I know it's completely illogical to believe in a Supreme Being when I've no evidence of His existence.  I'm also a firm believer in the idea that said Being initiated the Big Bang, then let the chips fall where they may.  Did "He" intervene at times in human history? 

I would say the Creator lead us toward certain figures; e.g., Moses, Jesus and Mohammed.  But that is a whole other ball of wax :)

ukjeff

Re: James Gandolfini or Don Youngblood: Which life would you want?
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2013, 03:38:57 PM »
Put another way, I know it's completely illogical to believe in a Supreme Being when I've no evidence of His existence.  I'm also a firm believer in the idea that said Being initiated the Big Bang, then let the chips fall where they may.  Did "He" intervene at times in human history? 

I would say the Creator lead us toward certain figures; e.g., Moses, Jesus and Mohammed.  But that is a whole other ball of wax

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »
I think the key here is they both lived the lives they wanted to live.  I just try to do the same.

We know they both had to battle demons so the grass is not always greener as the saying goes.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »
What kind of f.aggot question is that?

...and no, if i had to choose, i'd be WONDER WOMAN WARRIOR PRINCESS FROM THE AMAZONZ.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 07:49:06 PM »
This is actually a great topic. For real. I think I would take Youngblood if I had to make a choice.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »

Don did not start bodybuilding until very late in life. He was in the trucking industry and eventually owned his own trucking company. Truckdrivers and truckdriving are not typically "Healthy" and there is a good chance that many of his health issues had already set in before the "fitness" lifestyle.

It was his time. It's that simple.
why dont you just say that don died of genetic causes  ::)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2013, 07:58:13 PM »
I chose Gandolfini because while Don was pumping iron James was pumping bitches

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »

We USMC are older than the USA