Author Topic: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List  (Read 41769 times)

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
Been saying for Months Priest will Win Aussie Pro show and collect the MASSIVE Check of $10k and the Judges will have their Aussie way. :-\

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 08:14:48 PM »
Being one of the Bigger IFBB Shows can you give us all a breakdown of the winnings from 1st to 5th, I bet it's worth a FORTUNE in cash and Prizes.FFS and they call it a Pro show. :-\

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 08:50:43 PM »
Being one of the Bigger IFBB Shows can you give us all a breakdown of the winnings from 1st to 5th, I bet it's worth a FORTUNE in cash and Prizes.FFS and they call it a Pro show. :-\

The breakdown will be the same as most pro shows. plus we have a nice trophy/cup for the winner. 

I pay full expenses for 5 top guys (including flights) and accommodation for everyone, which is more than most shows.

Now my question for you as your critisism is so old that it is predictable, when are you going to put your balls on the line and promote a show? What is it that stops you? Lack of balls, lack of funds or scared to ask your folks if you can stay out late?

AVBG

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »
The breakdown will be the same as most pro shows. plus we have a nice trophy/cup for the winner. 

I pay full expenses for 5 top guys (including flights) and accommodation for everyone, which is more than most shows.

Now my question for you as your critisism is so old that it is predictable, when are you going to put your balls on the line and promote a show? What is it that stops you? Lack of balls, lack of funds or scared to ask your folks if you can stay out late?

ziiing.. TD at his best. You know what Tony? Usually the one's who criticize are the same who can't.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
10, 4, 3, 2, 1

Happy now?

Back to the topic mate, what have you done lately (does not include your message board fetish)

Yeah great comeback, that is some of your best work. You are quite the wordsmith today.

I have lost money plenty of times on shows and still paid all expenses and prize money.

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 10:57:03 PM »

You could Not even bring yourself to type Dollars beside those MASSIVE Amounts.

Mr Getbig paid more than 3rd in that Pro show.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 11:06:35 PM »
           You could Not even bring yourself to type Dollars beside those MASSIVE Amounts.FFS.Mr Getbig paid more than 3rd in that Pro show.Fuk NO Wonder you started name calling.Diversion baby won't work here. :-\

$$$$$ there you go.

BTW Mr Getbig does not have to pay sanction fees, hotels, airfares, food, transport, trophies, venue hire, printing (flyers, postcards, street posters, posters), lighting, audio, staff, judges, vehicle hire and a whole lot of other stuff that you wouldn't comprehend.

Now I have answered some of your original questions how about some answers from you.

Apart from criticizing others, what have you done for bodybuilding. If you wont promote a show perhaps you could sponsor one or maybe help out with set up or backstage. Do you attend shows or just hide behind your rather original (not) screenname?

I am happy to answer anything but it has to go both ways tiger.

PS I am not your baby.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 12:04:41 AM »
Messiah is a top guy, Bodybuilding is like most extreme sports, not a great money maker, but he keeps putting this show on every year, He overcomes more obstacles than any other promoter to run the show, just by havin a non supportive national body who only use the sport as a source of revenue for themselves. Without Tony D, Australia would have fallen off the bodybuilding map.

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2009, 12:12:04 AM »
I Don't know who Tony D is but I believe Arnold told me as has the Heads of the IFBB that Mr Paul Graham is the main man over there in Australia.He is the Reason BBs are even in the IFBB from Australia.Sounds like some are Motivated only with GREED. :-\

AVBG

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 12:30:23 AM »
I Don't know who Tony D is but I believe Arnold told me as has the Heads of the IFBB that Mr Paul Graham is the main man over there in Australia.He is the Reason BBs are even in the IFBB from Australia.Sounds like some are Motivated only with GREED. :-\

Has Arnold also told you that you are full of shit?  ::)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 03:28:42 AM »
I respect Tony D for laying out all the other overheads involved hence the price money not being that great , and it is no way his fault , he is doing the best with what he has to play with but 10g imo really is not worth it..Preists drugs for this comp would be more than this..No wonder these guys turn to other unsavory acts to support themselves all the while the Weiders (well one of them now) sit there like scrooge mcduck swimming in there millions..

How about giving back to those that helped you get rich Joe  ::)

Am no way am I hating on Av or TD or others involved at the "ground level" by the way.. The effort , time and stress to put somthing like this on must be huge , and all involved do a mighty job with little reward.

What Im saying is these guys are part of the biggest BB federation in the world , they are Pros yet what they put themselves through to acheive the look thats expected of them ,really is not rewarded,all those guys on stage deserve somthing and top 5 even more..

Its time the top of the chain started supporting who made them rich in the first place.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 03:59:46 AM »
I respect Tony D for laying out all the other overheads involved hence the price money not being that great , and it is no way his fault , he is doing the best with what he has to play with but 10g imo really is not worth it..Preists drugs for this comp would be more than this..No wonder these guys turn to other unsavory acts to support themselves all the while the Weiders (well one of them now) sit there like scrooge mcduck swimming in there millions..

How about giving back to those that helped you get rich Joe  ::)

Well i hate to be blunt, but when Joe dies it might be a good time to try and reformat bb'ing and the way it is promoted. The Weider way is too old-school, the IFBB need some fresh ideas to get bb'ing out there.
No doubt about it...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 04:04:28 AM »
Well i hate to be blunt, but when Joe dies it might be a good time to try and reformat bb'ing and the way it is promoted. The Weider way is too old-school, the IFBB need some fresh ideas to get bb'ing out there.
Yes I agree..I dont think it will ever be mainstream and all ways will remain "underground" so to speak but it deff can do with some fresh ideas

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 03:28:20 PM »

GF what you say is true, its not the smartest occupation choice, but its their choice, most including myself would chose differently, but i think you should just move on from the subject afterall this is a bodybuilding website, and whilst its not a nuthuggers site and your point of view is noted, the continuous negative barb is getting more than old, just accept bodybuilding for what it is, and get on with life. Its never going to be a mainstream money spinner, bodybuilders will continually be underpaid and over medicated, but 90% of these guys arent in it for the money alone, thats obvious, by all means argue your point but not the same point in a hundred different threads.  :)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »
The point of the smaller shows is to give the guys a chance to compete in the Olympia via qualification.

I wish we had bigger and better sponsors. I don't think you understand how hard it is to get $ from sponsors these days. The mainstream companies don't want to know us and the supp companies run pretty tight ships.  I would like to offer more prize money and someone were to donate extra funds, it would go to the competitors.

I have promoted bb for 20 years now and would not continue if I hated it. I am trying to give honest answers, not to be negative. 

As for name calling, I dont think rambo or tiger are too harsh. Lighten up Marlon.

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »
OK your point is noted.Yes all that you have said is True.Enough from me all the best for your show.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »

paul graham is 100 years old and has done little in terms of promoting the sport in Oz and the OZ PRO SHOW

TONY DOHERTY IS THE MAN OF OZ BB AND HAS BEEN FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS

KUDOS TO TD FOR HIS EFFORTS AND PASSION FOR THE SPORT

GAYFATHER- WHY DONT U GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, STOP BEING ANOTHER GETBIG PUMPKINHEAD/NEVER WAS/NOBODY/LOSER AND GO BACK TO MICKEYD'S AND ASKING THE CUSTOMERS IF THEY WOULD LIKE FRIES WITH THAT

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 09:50:47 PM »
i think godfather has turned the corner by his last post, insulting him is only going to encourage him to revert back to the old negativety, Just move on GF. For the record Paul Graham is a thorn in the side of Australian bodybuilding and always will be.

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »
You are Right Honest I have turned the corner. So The Swampi can SHUT THE FUK UP WITH THE NAME CALLING AND DO AS DOHERTY SAYS  PROMOTE A FUKIN PRO SHOW

AVBG

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »
truly great line up with shittest money.i would never understand why someone would go all the way to australia to compete for few thousand bucks.series of grand prix competitions in Europe and uk with few days difference does make some sense but this is totaly absurd.

umm..I've seen first hand how the pro's get treated in Australia by Tony and his team.. Sometimes it's got to be more than what's put in your bank account... what about expenses paid trip, what about experiencing a different culture & meeting overseas fans?? Why wouldn't any pro want to come and anyway the pros can earn some good $ by selling their own merch at the show.

AVBG

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2009, 07:22:26 PM »
This guy is making his pro debut at the Aussie show; Mike Ketalianos Overall and Class4 winner Int German Mastership

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »
Chick if your reading this here is another IFBB Pro I am sure you Don't know.FFS :-\and he calls himself their Rep.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 11:46:59 PM »
Ah, professional bodybuilding contests. Godfather tells it like it is. That is the sad reality. The Aussie show isn't worth the prize money but some might enter just to qualify for the Olympia. What a bloody circus this professional shit is. Who started this crap of qualifying as a professional? That is a clever way to totally control the bodybuilders. Asskissing starts early in every bodybuilder's career. That is especially so in Australia.

Now why doesn't someone post when this contest is and how much it costs? That would be a start. Oh, I know it is there at Tony's site. Not good enough. The IFBB contests cost too much for what you get. A pity because not that many go and yet there are gyms everywhere. Something is wrong if you can't fill a hall with overseas champions. Who wants to sponsor steroid freaks? Huh?

The IFBB is so sick nobody knows what to do so they plod along with the same stuff year in and out. Well, there are fewer contests lately. This can't be a good thing for the sport.

Paul Graham cannot be kicked out from his position. He is there for life just like Ben Weider was. That is also not good enough. The last time I attended one of Paul's contests to support a gym member I asked Paul why they didn't introduce the competitors to the prejudging audience. He said I would have to come back at night to hear that. No thanks. The judging was enough for me. In the old days all the gym owners went to the contests. I bet few do today. That is a real shame.

Good luck, Tony, on your effort. It is appreciated by the muscleheads in Australia and especially Melbourne. I might even try to attend to say hello to some of the lads and support Lee Priest.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 03:54:44 AM »
Ah, professional bodybuilding contests. Godfather tells it like it is. That is the sad reality. The Aussie show isn't worth the prize money but some might enter just to qualify for the Olympia. What a bloody circus this professional shit is. Who started this crap of qualifying as a professional? That is a clever way to totally control the bodybuilders. Asskissing starts early in every bodybuilder's career. That is especially so in Australia.

Now why doesn't someone post when this contest is and how much it costs? That would be a start. Oh, I know it is there at Tony's site. Not good enough. The IFBB contests cost too much for what you get. A pity because not that many go and yet there are gyms everywhere. Something is wrong if you can't fill a hall with overseas champions. Who wants to sponsor steroid freaks? Huh?

The IFBB is so sick nobody knows what to do so they plod along with the same stuff year in and out. Well, there are fewer contests lately. This can't be a good thing for the sport.

Paul Graham cannot be kicked out from his position. He is there for life just like Ben Weider was. That is also not good enough. The last time I attended one of Paul's contests to support a gym member I asked Paul why they didn't introduce the competitors to the prejudging audience. He said I would have to come back at night to hear that. No thanks. The judging was enough for me. In the old days all the gym owners went to the contests. I bet few do today. That is a real shame.

Good luck, Tony, on your effort. It is appreciated by the muscleheads in Australia and especially Melbourne. I might even try to attend to say hello to some of the lads and support Lee Priest.

Are you going to buy some more of Lee's Poop?

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 06:03:32 AM »

can you remind us of the placing you got in the Mr Australia contest?
Thunderdome approved