Author Topic: SOTU....what did you guys think?  (Read 11080 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: SOTU....what did you guys think?
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 01:04:32 PM »
you spend time IMAGINING my reaction to a speech

jesus christ you're a fucking weirdo
Cry a little more, bitch. :-*

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 01:30:52 PM »
They are.  It's just about what level of crazy they might be.  Funniest analysis ever:

Hysterical!  ;D  Thanks for sharing this Dos Equis.

So true.  I though it was funny the moment he said "based on my 40 years of experience".  Then he gets to the "unicorns" which I thought was the grand finale....

Relating this to the SOTU, this vid really explains why Stacey Abrams is a single woman with no children who for some reason is obsessed with women's right to choose.....her level of crazy keeps her thinking she still has a chance at finding a man that will marry and reproduce with her.  ::) YT is very educational.  It is today's new PBS.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2019, 01:42:11 PM »
It cracks me up that Trumptards suddenly start celebrating "speeches"

Your favorite Republican pollster still has Trumptard at a negative 7% Presidential Approval Index

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb06

I worked doing polls for 3 years.  Maybe you should look into the methodology a little more so you can see how flawed it is, especially in today's society.  And don't blame me, cuz you're the dipshit that just picked this as your source for info.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/about_us/methodology

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 01:44:02 PM »
It cracks me up that Trumptards suddenly start celebrating "speeches"

Your favorite Republican pollster still has Trumptard at a negative 7% Presidential Approval Index

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb06

Seek help and medication. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 01:55:02 PM »

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2019, 02:13:22 PM »

So for every 300 people, 209 Approve of the POTUS' SOTU speech.  69.66r%  Again, I'm puzzled.  But, but, but.....MSM said "60% of America is against the wall" ???

This math is not adding up.  It's a bust! ;)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »
So for every 300 people, 209 Approve of the POTUS' SOTU speech.  69.66r%  Again, I'm puzzled.  But, but, but.....MSM said "60% of America is against the wall" ???

This math is not adding up.  It's a bust! ;)

I personally love that the Democrat Speaker is acting like the alzheimers suffering nursing home patient who somehow escaped the facility.

In the end, her "leadership" just ensures that I get to bed earlier as Trump steamrolls come election night 2020.

We were supposed to have this massive Democrat field of nominees throwing their hat in the ring but so far it has been rather tepid, I must admit.

And why are there not more nominees throwing their hat into the ring?

Because at the end of the day they simply don't want none.

Trump would bury every last one of those lightweights with the simplest of ease.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2019, 02:59:25 PM »

He’s beyond any of that being of use to him
The way Donald is going strawforBrains will be found
Curled up in the foetal position somewhere Crying & jibbering incoherently

He already cries & jibbers on here nonstop  ::) Pathetic to say the least.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »
I guess the boo-boo faces in white were trying to make some sort of statement, but they just looked like a bunch of sourpusses.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »
Hysterical!  ;D  Thanks for sharing this Dos Equis.

So true.  I though it was funny the moment he said "based on my 40 years of experience".  Then he gets to the "unicorns" which I thought was the grand finale....

Relating this to the SOTU, this vid really explains why Stacey Abrams is a single woman with no children who for some reason is obsessed with women's right to choose.....her level of crazy keeps her thinking she still has a chance at finding a man that will marry and reproduce with her.  ::) YT is very educational.  It is today's new PBS.

Yep.  Love this. 

Regarding Abrams, I don't really agree.  There is somebody for everyone.  When I see people who are objectively unattractive, I sometimes tell myself:  (1) that is God's child just like me and (2) somebody is hitting that.  lol 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »
Trump is not bad when he sticks to the script as far as giving a decent speech. The speechwriters aren't unhinged and know what to say and how to say it. The problem is, Trump has a history of saying one thing and doing another or calling for unity as he trashes the other party. So yeah, as speeches go, it wasn't horrible. But it doesn't matter. Sunday morning tweets will be the same old dividing crap he always puts out.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2019, 04:28:53 PM »
I worked doing polls for 3 years.  Maybe you should look into the methodology a little more so you can see how flawed it is, especially in today's society.  And don't blame me, cuz you're the dipshit that just picked this as your source for info.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/about_us/methodology

I agree with you that rasmussen sucks

they have well documented Republican bias

I just picked that one because it's Trumptards favorite source when quoting polls

case in point:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=651711.0

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2019, 04:30:51 PM »
Cry a little more, bitch. :-*

crying?

how do you figure that mocking you is crying?

then again, you're not that bright and clearly a fucking weirdo so it's anyone's guess how your brain works

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »
I agree with you that rasmussen sucks

they have well documented Republican bias

I just picked that one because it's Trumptards favorite source when quoting polls

My initial thought is "nice save", but I'm striking it to just find common ground that pretty much all polls are garbage.  

One other thing, the methodology can not be Republican bias.  It relies on land lines which are free to the poor, and since Dems believe that there is so much white privilege they can not possibly be poor people.  I'm being sarcastic there Straw, but I did in fact also work for one of the largest phone/net providers and I can tell you that most of the people getting phone assisstance were minorities.  Women are more likely to answer the phone....this is pointed out by Rasmussen, Gallup, and other polling companies that have tried to get into that space over the years.  Women are much more likely to be against Trump whether Democrat or not....would you at least agree with these things I've posted?

If you do, then you have to see the deck is very stacked against Trump yet he's holding his own compared to Barack despite Barry having blacks vote for him just bcuz he's black, and also the media's darling.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »
I personally love that the Democrat Speaker is acting like the alzheimers suffering nursing home patient who somehow escaped the facility.

I really enjoy the vivid pictures you paint with words :D

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2019, 04:51:56 PM »
Yep.  Love this. 

Regarding Abrams, I don't really agree.  There is somebody for everyone.  When I see people who are objectively unattractive, I sometimes tell myself:  (1) that is God's child just like me and (2) somebody is hitting that.  lol 

I admit, I'm being kind of an asshole to make a point about her political views, and how they don't fit her current life and doing so based off a funny video at the same time (which does have some truth to it)

You are right though Dos Equis, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  She could be a lovely person.  I did a little research on her last night after listening to her speech, and she is involved with some good causes.  Some of them children related, and that makes me wonder how she can go along with this post birth "abortion" shit?

While I listened to her whole speech as I feel that's the proper American thing to do, she started out pretty bad with the "happy lunar moon" shit, and something like "the president speech was for the republicans, I'm here representing all Americans"  Ummm, she literally represents NO ONE!  She lost a simple governorship.  Like I said, I feel bad for her because I think Chuck and Nancy know they can't put together a coherent thought on the spot, and without the aid of a teleprompter.  That is why neither of them will run for POTUS.  Trump will slaughter them in a live debate, and make them look retarded.

First thing I did when her speech was done was pick up my phone, and ask google "what the fuck does happy lunar new year mean?".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2019, 04:56:25 PM »
My initial thought is "nice save", but I'm striking it to just find common ground that pretty much all polls are garbage.  

One other thing, the methodology can not be Republican bias.  It relies on land lines which are free to the poor, and since Dems believe that there is so much white privilege they can not possibly be poor people.  I'm being sarcastic there Straw, but I did in fact also work for one of the largest phone/net providers and I can tell you that most of the people getting phone assisstance were minorities.  Women are more likely to answer the phone....this is pointed out by Rasmussen, Gallup, and other polling companies that have tried to get into that space over the years.  Women are much more likely to be against Trump whether Democrat or not....would you at least agree with these things I've posted?

If you do, then you have to see the deck is very stacked against Trump yet he's holding his own compared to Barack despite Barry having blacks vote for him just bcuz he's black, and also the media's darling.

you worked for a polling company ?

what did you do there that helped you determine that "pretty much all polls are garbage"?

you must have a lot of solid data to back up that claim

can you share it here or are you just offering an opinion devoid of any actual data to support your opinion

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2019, 04:57:14 PM »

you were a big fan of speeches when Obama was POTUS...right?

you thought they were very significant?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2019, 05:28:27 PM »
I admit, I'm being kind of an asshole to make a point about her political views, and how they don't fit her current life and doing so based off a funny video at the same time (which does have some truth to it)

You are right though Dos Equis, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  She could be a lovely person.  I did a little research on her last night after listening to her speech, and she is involved with some good causes.  Some of them children related, and that makes me wonder how she can go along with this post birth "abortion" shit?

While I listened to her whole speech as I feel that's the proper American thing to do, she started out pretty bad with the "happy lunar moon" shit, and something like "the president speech was for the republicans, I'm here representing all Americans"  Ummm, she literally represents NO ONE!  She lost a simple governorship.  Like I said, I feel bad for her because I think Chuck and Nancy know they can't put together a coherent thought on the spot, and without the aid of a teleprompter.  That is why neither of them will run for POTUS.  Trump will slaughter them in a live debate, and make them look retarded.

First thing I did when her speech was done was pick up my phone, and ask google "what the fuck does happy lunar new year mean?".

I agree about how polarizing her speech was.  And I didn't know what that happy lunar crap was either.  lol.  But I don't feel sorry for her.  She's knows exactly what she is doing.  She is part of the problem. 

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2019, 05:49:29 PM »
you worked for a polling company ?

what did you do there that helped you determine that "pretty much all polls are garbage"?

you must have a lot of solid data to back up that claim

can you share it here or are you just offering an opinion devoid of any actual data to support your opinion

For one, you can read the methodology link for Ras that I provided, and just eliminate the part about the internet being used as a tool as it was many years ago.  We did the political polls via phone call for all media to put out.  I didn't work on the data analysis side, but I understood how the surveys were put together and I asked the questions, heard, experienced the emotion, and entered the responses.  Choices were typically strongly agree, somewhat agree, agree, somewhat disagree, and strongly disagree....most times, but not all, "agree" was not an option as it's vague and doesn't really pick a side.

I could work whenever I wanted to schedule-wise, but I would always work on nights when there were major political things happening such as the SOTU.  I bring that up to illustrate the small sample size.  We had about 50-60 "interviewers" of which I was one.  Once the speech was over we would wait until we were told to switch out of whatever survey we were doing (mostly our clients were corporate - customer satisfaction and gov't department - employee satisfaction surveys)  The call blitz to do the political polling throughout America with 50-60 reps (best case if they were all there, but rarely the case) took all of an hour at most out of say a typical 5-7 hour shift I might go in for.  I believe Ras uses a rolling avg. number of days based on 500 responses per day.  I'm not going back to read it all again for you.  

So basically Straw, you're getting 3500 responses per week to represent 300+ million people.  People with mostly land lines, and now some added people they somehow determine on the net are a fair sampling of republican or democrat...it's based on their word.  So that's flawed currently.  Back when I was doing it, we weren't doing that poll all week long.  It was once a week at most, usually once a month, and then also when the President addressed the country or a major event happened.  A lot less than 3500 opinions per week were being touted as representative of the country back then. (even more flawed than now)

You've read my posts for more years than you'll admit so you knew I'd answer and it would be wordy as fuck, so is that detailed enough for you?

Now that I've taken the time to show you respect and answer several of your questions/posts on the politics board, how about you return to your thread about Trump shitting on his intelligence people? I know you popped back in to prove you didn't run away, but how about actually having the decency to respond to some of the counterpoints and questions posted?  Doesn't have to be anything I asked or pointed out, just pick a few with differing views/points and have a discussion.  

It's a discussion board, not a place to shit out your side of the argument and leave it there for everyone to sit and wonder why it smells so bad?  Your threads are kinda like going into a porta-potty when you have no choice, and wondering "OMG...What the fuck did that person eat?"  That's how you come off when it comes to discussions. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »
you were a big fan of speeches when Obama was POTUS...right?

you thought they were very significant?

Only for comedy.   Ofagget speeches were TelePrompTer scams

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »
Getlibbers responding pretty much how I thought they would. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 06:07:16 PM »
For one, you can read the methodology link for Ras that I provided, and just eliminate the part about the internet being used as a tool as it was many years ago.  We did the political polls via phone call for all media to put out.  I didn't work on the data analysis side, but I understood how the surveys were put together and I asked the questions, heard, experienced the emotion, and entered the responses.  Choices were typically strongly agree, somewhat agree, agree, somewhat disagree, and strongly disagree....most times, but not all, "agree" was not an option as it's vague and doesn't really pick a side.

I could work whenever I wanted to schedule-wise, but I would always work on nights when there were major political things happening such as the SOTU.  I bring that up to illustrate the small sample size.  We had about 50-60 "interviewers" of which I was one.  Once the speech was over we would wait until we were told to switch out of whatever survey we were doing (mostly our clients were corporate - customer satisfaction and gov't department - employee satisfaction surveys)  The call blitz to do the political polling throughout America with 50-60 reps (best case if they were all there, but rarely the case) took all of an hour at most out of say a typical 5-7 hour shift I might go in for.  I believe Ras uses a rolling avg. number of days based on 500 responses per day.  I'm not going back to read it all again for you.  

So basically Straw, you're getting 3500 responses per week to represent 300+ million people.  People with mostly land lines, and now some added people they somehow determine on the net are a fair sampling of republican or democrat...it's based on their word.  So that's flawed currently.  Back when I was doing it, we weren't doing that poll all week long.  It was once a week at most, usually once a month, and then also when the President addressed the country or a major event happened.  A lot less than 3500 opinions per week were being touted as representative of the country back then. (even more flawed than now)

You've read my posts for more years than you'll admit so you knew I'd answer and it would be wordy as fuck, so is that detailed enough for you?

Now that I've taken the time to show you respect and answer several of your questions/posts on the politics board, how about you return to your thread about Trump shitting on his intelligence people? I know you popped back in to prove you didn't run away, but how about actually having the decency to respond to some of the counterpoints and questions posted?  Doesn't have to be anything I asked or pointed out, just pick a few with differing views/points and have a discussion.  

It's a discussion board, not a place to shit out your side of the argument and leave it there for everyone to sit and wonder why it smells so bad?  Your threads are kinda like going into a porta-potty when you have no choice, and wondering "OMG...What the fuck did that person eat?"  That's how you come off when it comes to discussions.  
I don't  really know too much of you (except recently) on here, I like your posts. You seem to be one of those guys who even if there is a disagreement in thought process on some subjects that you are able to still talk/be rational with each other. Like most of the conservative/libertarian minded individuals on here. Good addition to this forum since you have been posting more here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »
Good post

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2019, 07:12:59 PM »
Thanks Mazrim and Soul! 8)

I try.  I need to cut down on my wordiness, but I've always been that way.  Some like it, some don't.  Can't please 'em all.