Author Topic: A question for the volume style lifters  (Read 2689 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: A question for the volume style lifters
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 04:14:59 AM »
Train twice a day?

25 sets per body part?

I don't know how juicers should train or what they can get away with in regard to training(like they need to do all that much anyway ::), but if a true natural followed this 'advice' he would be making zero progress. In my experience as a drug-free lifter, the only thing that works is heavy, to failure every set(that means the last rep is you LAST rep; it's physically impossible to go another rep) with large intervals between training sessions(example: leg day is once or MAYBE twice a week). Duration time should be less than 2 hours a week in total(30 minute workouts should be enough). That means NO 2 hour long workouts so you can complete you '25 set' macho gym rat workout. ::)

I don't know about you guys, but I would not be taking training advice from people who don't look very good even on steroids, let alone if they got off all of their drugs(Oh brother, I have seen that first hand lol).

Then again I train for results(and health), not to 'impress' the 6 people who wandered in the gym that day ::)

i look great and off hope this helps.

also train more or less same way on and off.only diference is weight used.
n

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 04:45:52 AM »
25 sets is easy. Doing 25 sets while keeping intensity up: insanely hard.

As a natural you're not going to build muscle doing a lot of light sets. Strength and thickness is built over 80% 1rm.

Thteven

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 04:55:13 AM »
25 sets is easy. Doing 25 sets while keeping intensity up: insanely hard.

As a natural you're not going to build muscle doing a lot of light sets. Strength and thickness is built over 80% 1rm.

MONSTER_DICKSTRICEPS, I think you may be on to something here....

Thteven

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 04:56:08 AM »

Oops, My bad! ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 06:34:07 AM »
I noticed a lot on here work with 25 sets+ on a single body part.
What I don't understand is how you have the endurance to do that + other parts like arms etc
Every set I do is to failure or 1 rep off and I can't imagine doing 25 sets of that. Do you guys just do a set number of reps 25 times?

Natural btw

25+ sets work for some people and 10-12 sets work for others.

volume trainers don't train to failure like failure trainers do.  

failure trainers tend to focus on the amount of weight more and volume trainers tend to focus on reps and squeezing more.  

failure trainers are typically semi-deluded permabulkers that live for strength (which no one cares about), mass (a ton of which is fat) and cheeseburgers while volume trainers are typically bb competitors that live for their reflection, showing bar skanks their abs and constant preparation for the next random Mr. Turdsplat BB show.

neither will agree with the others methods because the groups have different goals, but the volume trainer will always claim superiority because they can pull the most women because they're not fat and ugly

In the end, put FLEX mag down and figure out what makes your body respond......if it's 5 sets do 5 sets, if it's 50 sets do 50 sets.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 06:38:01 AM »
You can train hard.  You can train long.  But you can't train both ways.

Doesn't matter really as long as the muscle is stimulated enough for growth to occur.  Shorter more intense style like Dorian will get you in and out of the gym in 30 minutes with 3 body parts trained.  But has a high risk of injury and tendonitis developing.  Training like Vince Taylor with lots of sets and moderate intensity will be safer, but keep you in the gym for hours.

A hybrid of the two seems to be best.  8-12 sets with one or two sets to failure.