Author Topic: Jay cutler is being traded to.....  (Read 11943 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Jay cutler is being traded to.....
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 09:28:45 AM »
If the Redskins acquire Cutler, they will will finish above Dallas in the NFC east. Write it down.

Until the Cowboys get rid of Wade phillips, the Cowboys are not going anywhere.

wade is an excellent d-coordinator.

i know you saw what happened when he called plays on d at the end of last year, minus the eagles game

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2009, 09:30:57 AM »
ya i dont doubt it, which is what im kinda afraid of you never know though, no T.O next year  ;D felix jones will be back if romo can get his shit together they might do some damage.

They need to adopt a strong defensive mentality. They have to be the most finesse-oriented teams in the league. That's why I was worried that Ray Lewis was going to be a Cowboy. He would have provided a huge makeover for the Cowboys on the defensive side of the ball. New attitude, and playing with a tougher physicality. Instant Superbowl contender, in my opinion. Yes, Ray Lewis brings that much to the table.

It's surprising that they're an offensive-minded team considering that Phillips is a defensive-minded coach. But Jerry Jones loves offensive firepower. All of his biggest trades in the past 10 years almost always involved offensive players.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2009, 09:35:31 AM »
They have to be the most finesse-oriented teams in the league.

what? their o-line are a bunch of monsters and their rb is known for being a gritty-grind it out type runner.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »
what? their o-line are a bunch of monsters and their rb is known for being a gritty-grind it out type runner.

I tend to relate offensive-minded teams as being finesse. To be fair, the Cowboys can definitely pound the rock and grind it out with Barber. Defensively? That's where they are lacking. Therefore, my opinion is that they are finesse.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »
Again the Lions lose!! I swear Detroit should fold
D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2009, 09:47:29 AM »
I tend to relate offensive-minded teams as being finesse. To be fair, the Cowboys can definitely pound the rock and grind it out with Barber. Defensively? That's where they are lacking. Therefore, my opinion is that they are finesse.
i agree and disagree at the same time, last year they werent as physical defensivly as they have in the past, zach is still pretty physical, haynesworth, the safety for the life of my i cant remember his name right now really disapointed last year shit whats his name...he is not the best safety in the league coverage wise but man that guy normally will knock your block off if he gets that change, williams i believe.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »
Again the Lions lose!! I swear Detroit should fold

Sorry bro. It seems like nobody wants that #1 pick. With the current state of the auto industry in Detroit and the overall economy, it doesn't look like Detroit's ownership wants to shell out the big dollars for what Stafford would command if drafted #1. Furthermore, nothing in my mind jumps out at me about Stafford. His biggest strength is his intelligence and passion for the game. He loves football and he's battle tested playing in the tough SEC. He will play a decent number of years in his career in the NFL. Will probably play for three different teams over that time. My opinion, of course.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2009, 09:52:17 AM »
i agree and disagree at the same time, last year they werent as physical defensivly as they have in the past, zach is still pretty physical, haynesworth, the safety for the life of my i cant remember his name right now really disapointed last year shit whats his name...he is not the best safety in the league coverage wise but man that guy normally will knock your block off if he gets that change, williams i believe.
Roy Williams? He's gone. Was granted his release. Not as bad in coverage as everyone thinks. He just lacks good awareness when trying to help out the cornerback over the top in zone coverage.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2009, 01:59:31 PM »
cutler is an over hyped brat

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2009, 02:24:12 PM »
Cutler to Bears Damn, my Lions should have jumped in on him
D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »
interesting.....all that drama for nothing in d.c.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »
Roy Williams? He's gone. Was granted his release. Not as bad in coverage as everyone thinks. He just lacks good awareness when trying to help out the cornerback over the top in zone coverage.
shaft i guess i think they have a decent safety to replace him though if im not mistaken.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »
cutler is an over hyped brat
definitly a brat ill give you that he is a good qb though

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »
interesting.....all that drama for nothing in d.c.

Yup. The sticking point was that Denver didn't want Campbell in return. The Redskins were offering Campbell, 1st and 3rd round picks for Cutler. The Bears offered two 1st rounders and Kyle Orton. Hefty price but a great move for da Bears! The Bears finally have a QB since yikes, Jim Mcmahon!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2009, 07:24:15 PM »
Good trade for the Bears. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2009, 07:25:52 PM »
damn it i cant wait for football season to start again

body88

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2009, 08:04:17 PM »
Good trade for the Bears. 

Agreed.  Broncs take Sanchez or try to pry Quinn from Mangina.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2009, 06:56:15 AM »
2 first round picks for the next two years.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2009, 08:08:19 AM »
2 first round picks for the next two years.

And a 3rd for 2009. Bears gave up an awful lot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2009, 11:11:53 AM »
And a 3rd for 2009. Bears gave up an awful lot.

Not necessarily.  The Bears are a good team and will probably pick near the end of the first next year.  Anything after about the first five picks is a crapshoot in the draft.  They really just got the missing link for their offense.  They still need a WR, but this definitely a move in the right direction.  I'm one who believes proven players are better risks than draft picks. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2009, 11:13:37 AM »
Not necessarily.  The Bears are a good team and will probably pick near the end of the first next year.  Anything after about the first five picks is a crapshoot in the draft.  They really just got the missing link for their offense.  They still need a WR, but this definitely a move in the right direction.  I'm one who believes proven players are better risks than draft picks. 
I agree this is the main thing thats been missing for them imo, and he is still very young and healthy...

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »

The Bears gave up a lot. Two 1st rounders and an additional 3rd is a big price. Not mention you're throwing in a decent QB in Kyle Orton, who was really starting to come into his own last season, in my opinion. He'll thrive in Mcdaniels offense in Denver, you'll see. I don't think Cutler's addition necessarily makes the Bears an instant contender because like you said, they still need a WR that can stretch the field. Devin Hester is not the answer.

Denver got the better end of this deal, in my opinion. Suppose Chicago finishes with only six or seven wins. that would give Denver a possible top 10 first round pick in 2010 to go along with their own 1st rounder. Same situation applies to their 2009 draft. Denver has two selections in the 1st round, their 2nd, and two 3rd rounders this year. They can really strengthen their defense with the draft over their next two off-seasons.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »
The Bears gave up a lot. Two 1st rounders and an additional 3rd is a big price. Not mention you're throwing in a decent QB in Kyle Orton, who was really starting to come into his own last season, in my opinion. He'll thrive in Mcdaniels offense in Denver, you'll see.

Denver got the better end of this deal.
I wouldnt be suprised to see orton do good next yr to be honest i think he did ok last year, question is will cutler do good in chicago?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2009, 11:46:07 AM »
The Bears gave up a lot. Two 1st rounders and an additional 3rd is a big price. Not mention you're throwing in a decent QB in Kyle Orton, who was really starting to come into his own last season, in my opinion. He'll thrive in Mcdaniels offense in Denver, you'll see. I don't think Cutler's addition necessarily makes the Bears an instant contender because like you said, they still need a WR that can stretch the field. Devin Hester is not the answer.

Denver got the better end of this deal, in my opinion. Suppose Chicago finishes with only six or seven wins. that would give Denver a possible top 10 first round pick in 2010 to go along with their own 1st rounder. Same situation applies to their 2009 draft. Denver has two selections in the 1st round, their 2nd, and two 3rd rounders this year. They can really strengthen their defense with the draft over their next two off-seasons.

It's a big price if Denver is able to use the picks to draft a QB that will be as good or better than Cutler, AND draft another impact player with the other first round pick.  Odds are they will not find that player with the 18th pick this year or the probable late first round pick next year.  If you look at the players drafted at 18 and below, you'll see pretty wild hits and misses.  I'd take a young Pro Bowl QB over a late first round pick draft pick any day of the week.  I even think the Lions would have been better off trading the no. 1 overall pick (likely Stafford) for Cutler.     

I'll be very surprised if the Bears only win 6 or 7 games next year.  It's possible, but unlikely. 

And you do have to consider the Bears drafting/QB history.  Here are their QBs since 2000:

Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Chris Chandler
Henry Burris
Kordell Stewart
Rex Grossman
Chad Hutchinson
Jonathan Quinn
Craig Krenzel
Kyle Orton

Cutler is head and shoulders better than every single one of these guys.  If Chicago didn't make this trade they were probably destined for ten more years of pretty crappy QB play.     

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »
Denver will use the picks from the Bears to trade up and select Mark Sanchez in the top 10, maybe even the top 5. Sanchez is high on their radar at this point.

You're right, draft picks are never a guarantee for success in the NFL. Proven free agents are always the first choice. And Denver's front office has not proven to be the best in the NFL, lately. We'll see how it pans out for the Broncos.

I do know that if the Ravens were given two 1st rounders, you better believe they would fully utilize those picks and I would feel confident that they would draft good players. The Ravens have proven that they definitely know how to scout talent, sans Kyle Boller.