Author Topic: Another great commentary from Olbermann.  (Read 5418 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Another great commentary from Olbermann.
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 11:28:11 PM »
I know it's fun to bash people.

But Olbermann has been working in primetime cable news for quite a few years now.  And his voice is one of the only ones who focus more upon maintaining constitutional rights, then about riling people up with political bickering.

You have Oreilly bitching about Saw 3.  You have Olbermann fighting nightly for an explanation of the war objectives/timeline, and more importantly, constitutional rights.

Which man is a bigger loser?  The one who spends 10 minutes bashing movies and discussing torture with a psychologist (orielly)?  Or, the guy who spends 10 minutes pointing out to Americans the ways their rights have been lessened in the last 6 years?

Monster awareness deliverace to the people, vs. monster diversion.
:o good post

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 11:37:26 PM »
CIA director is a window dressing position, you know that.  The come in and out every 18 months or so.

Please tell me
1) what 3 agencies told bush there weer WMD.
2) Who was fired form each for their error.

didnt you read my post
the Senate Intelligence Committee, Lord Butler’s investigation in Britain and the 9/11 Commission have all come out and said there was no lying on the part of President Bush. Plus, Vladimir Putin has said his intelligence told Bush there were weapons of mass destruction.
so You’ve got three separate investigations plus the president of Russia all saying… British intelligence, U.S. intelligence, Russian intelligence, told the president there were weapons of mass destruction.now he may have made a mistake, which is obvious. bush even admits to that. but faulty intelligence is not a lie

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 11:39:50 PM »

But Olbermann has been working in primetime cable news for quite a few years now.  And his voice is one of the only ones who focus more upon maintaining constitutional rights, then about riling people up with political bickering.

You have Oreilly bitching about Saw 3.  You have Olbermann fighting nightly for an explanation of the war objectives/timeline, and more importantly, constitutional rights.

Which man is a bigger loser?  The one who spends 10 minutes bashing movies and discussing torture with a psychologist (orielly)?  Or, the guy who spends 10 minutes pointing out to Americans the ways their rights have been lessened in the last 6 years?

remember these guys are on the radio all day, then they have tv shows. sometimes they have to come up with things to waste time. so neither one of the guys are losers

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 11:41:32 PM »

remember these guys are on the radio all day, then they have tv shows. sometimes they have to come up with things to waste time. so neither one of the guys are losers
I hope that's not an attempt at logic :-X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 11:45:10 PM »
didnt you read my post
the Senate Intelligence Committee, Lord Butler’s investigation in Britain and the 9/11 Commission have all come out and said there was no lying on the part of President Bush. Plus, Vladimir Putin has said his intelligence told Bush there were weapons of mass destruction.
so You’ve got three separate investigations plus the president of Russia all saying… British intelligence, U.S. intelligence, Russian intelligence, told the president there were weapons of mass destruction.now he may have made a mistake, which is obvious. bush even admits to that. but faulty intelligence is not a lie

Second night in a row you've cited the 911 commission as a reliable source.

please recognize that even in the eyes of the committee leaders, the 911 Commission report was merely a narrative attempting to explain Al Quida's involvement in 9/11 and the failure of US systems.  

The men leading the report, kean and hamilton, call it very incomplete in need of further editions.

it is rife with errors - I just read a book which points out many anomalies in that report, some of which are completely uintrue glaring discrepencies which they ignored.

To use the 911 report - written by the admin, for the admin, clearing the admin, in order to defend the admin, is very poor debating on your part.  you are better than that, man.

kh,  

Do you believe in the war in iraq enough to fight in it? Would you let your sons die in the sand for "freeing the iraqis"?  Or is it easy for you to manage other lives, as it'll never affect you?

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 11:56:50 PM »

Come on, 240. You can't see that his whole thing is schtick?

The guy knows dick. His whole purpose is just to rile O'Reilly. At first, O'Reilly took the bait thus giving Olbermann more attention than he deserved.

And don't tell me that he cares about civil liberties. I love how everyone on the left is God-like and everyone on the right is the Devil himself in Keith's bizarre little world.

The day anyone needs Keith Olbermann to tell them anything is the day they need to go in the garage, start the car, shut the door...and leave the motor running.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 11:59:29 PM »
And don't tell me that he cares about civil liberties. I love how everyone on the left is God-like and everyone on the right is the Devil himself in Keith's bizarre little world.

This has nothing to do with L/R.

This has to do with civil liberties.  And there are millions of republicans - moderate repubs - who voted for reagan and bushes who suddenly can't figure out why they have less rights under a repub than they had under scumbag bubba from 92 to 2000.

party has jack shit to do with this.  I wish oreilly WOULD tlak about how we're losing rights.  instead, he chooses 12 minute rants on 'why torture is good and we need to do it more', completely making us look like animals on the world stage, complete fearmongering.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 12:02:23 AM »
who says the 911 commision report was crap? kean and hamilton. find out who those guys are and then ask why they would be against it.
so if the 3 top intelligence agencies in the world isn't good enough for you then i dont know what to say.
if you dont agree with the war dont fucking go. and dont send your kids either. but dont disrespect the people who have volunteered to go their to fight for something they believe in

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 12:06:43 AM »
party has jack shit to do with this.  I wish oreilly WOULD tlak about how we're losing rights.  instead, he chooses 12 minute rants on 'why torture is good and we need to do it more', completely making us look like animals on the world stage, complete fearmongering.

Maybe he doesn't feel any have been lost.

Most don't.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 12:36:17 AM »
Olbermann, O'Reilly, Limbaugh...

They all suck.

Why?

Not because of their political views. But because they are telling people what to think. People tune in to Limbaugh and Olbermann to see what they should think, instead of making up their own minds.

Be your own fcuking person, FFS.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 05:29:06 AM »
who says the 911 commision report was crap? kean and hamilton. find out who those guys are and then ask why they would be against it.

They are the charman and co-chairman.  When the two men who RAn the thing aren't at all confident in its findsings, how can the rest of us be?

if you dont agree with the war dont fucking go. and dont send your kids either. but dont disrespect the people who have volunteered to go their to fight for something they believe in

I value the lives of American soldiers.  As the polls numbers showed, HALF of them DO NOT want to be there, as you stated.  So do they believe in it?  Less and less, it seems...

I just want our men and women to stay alive.  They can do this by moving to city outskirts instead of standing on city corners.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 07:58:08 AM »
I refuse to open that link for fear I will be tainted!

lol.  Me too.   ;D

Da da da, da da da! 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2006, 08:22:24 AM »

That's why I admire Olbermann so much--he's the perfect remedy for the disease that is Bush-esque Neoconservatism.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2006, 09:28:13 AM »
  That's why I admire Olbermann so much--he's the perfect remedy for the disease that is Bush-esque Neoconservatism.

Just curious, if you don't mind.  Are you a dem, or a jilted repub?

Purge_WTF

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2006, 09:34:48 AM »
Just curious, if you don't mind.  Are you a dem, or a jilted repub?

Somewhere in between right now. I'm a Conservative and don't like many of the candidates that the Democrats are pushing, but at the same time, I'm sick to death of the current GOP and the way they've violated Conservative principles over the past six years. Judging from your posts, I suspect that you're in a similar situation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2006, 09:44:06 AM »
  Somewhere in between right now. I'm a Conservative and don't like many of the candidates that the Democrats are pushing, but at the same time, I'm sick to death of the current GOP and the way they've violated Conservative principles over the past six years. Judging from your posts, I suspect that you're in a similar situation.

Yes. I voted for bush twice, then learned 911 is very fishy (got us into Afgh), WMD was fishy (got us into iraq), and that the constitution has replaced the Charmin in the Oval Office.

I'm a local repub, national libertarian, maybe?  I hate dems.  I hate neocons.  I want to return to being a moderate repub.  IE: No warmongering.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2006, 09:44:13 AM »
Yea, lets have this, how did bush not lie?

Because a lie is a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive.  (Unless you're 240, who makes up his own definition.)  Bush no more lied than the Democrat and Republican members of Congress who supported the war and other world leaders who all thought Sadaam had WMDs.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2006, 09:47:06 AM »
Because a lie is a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive.  (Unless you're 240, who makes up his own definition.)  Bush no more lied than the Democrat and Republican members of Congress who supported the war and other world leaders who all thought Sadaam had WMDs.  

Every president lies.  At least have the damn minerals to admit that Bush misled us to further an agenda that you believe will benefit us in the long run.

But don't insult your fellow getbiggers with "Did bush intend to deceive, or did he have bad info?".   Bush has the best intel in the world.   We look in alternative media and see we planned to invated Afghanistan 3 months before 911.  Was Bush being completely honest when he said we were invading afghan because of 911?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2006, 09:51:40 AM »
Every president lies.  At least have the damn minerals to admit that Bush misled us to further an agenda that you believe will benefit us in the long run.

But don't insult your fellow getbiggers with "Did bush intend to deceive, or did he have bad info?".   Bush has the best intel in the world.   We look in alternative media and see we planned to invated Afghanistan 3 months before 911.  Was Bush being completely honest when he said we were invading afghan because of 911?

Didin't Condi and Powell state a year before the invasion that Sadaam wasn't a threat?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2006, 09:53:35 AM »
Yes. I voted for bush twice, then learned 911 is very fishy (got us into Afgh), WMD was fishy (got us into iraq), and that the constitution has replaced the Charmin in the Oval Office.

I'm a local repub, national libertarian, maybe?  I hate dems.  I hate neocons.  I want to return to being a moderate repub.  IE: No warmongering.

Why the labels 240 or bust?

Why not just look at where each politician and party stand, and then make up your mind?

Why let political labels influence who you support?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2006, 09:57:25 AM »

I guess John Kerry lied too?  From Kerry in 2002:

With respect to Saddam Hussein and the threat he presents, we must ask ourselves a simple question: Why? Why is Saddam Hussein pursuing weapons that most nations have agreed to limit or give up? Why is Saddam Hussein guilty of breaking his own cease-fire agreement with the international community? Why is Saddam Hussein attempting to develop nuclear weapons when most nations don't even try and responsible nations that have them attempt to limit their potential for disaster? Why does Saddam Hussein threaten and provoke? Why does he develop missiles that exceed allowable limits? Why did Saddam Hussein lie and deceive the inspection team previously? Why did Saddam Hussein not account for all the weapons of mass destruction which UNSCOM (U.N. Special Commission) identified? Why is he seeking to develop unmanned airborne vehicles for delivery of biological agents? Does he do all those things and more because he wants to live by international standards of behavior? Because he respects international law? Because he is a nice guy the world should trust?

It would be naive to the point of grave danger not to believe that left to his own devices, Saddam Hussein will provoke, misjudge, or stumble into a future, more dangerous confrontation with the civilized world. He has as much as promised it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1067100/posts

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2006, 10:02:19 AM »
Yes, Kerry is a fucking liar also.  I'm no dem and I am no Kerry fan.

But why would you use the fact that "Kerry lied too!" to combat my charge that Bush lied?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2006, 10:03:36 AM »
Yes, Kerry is a fucking liar also.  I'm no dem and I am no Kerry fan.

But why would you use the fact that "Kerry lied too!" to combat my charge that Bush lied?

"Bush no more lied than the Democrat and Republican members of Congress who supported the war and other world leaders who all thought Sadaam had WMDs."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 10:06:30 AM »
"Bush no more lied than the Democrat and Republican members of Congress who supported the war and other world leaders who all thought Sadaam had WMDs."

Then are you prepared to admit bush lied too?

Of course Kerry lied.  But you're accusing Kerry of lying, for listening to intel provided to him by the White House, which you claim didn't lie.

What a fucking train wreck your logic is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »
Then are you prepared to admit bush lied too?

Of course Kerry lied.  But you're accusing Kerry of lying, for listening to intel provided to him by the White House, which you claim didn't lie.

What a fucking train wreck your logic is.

I did not say Bush lied.  I did not say Kerry lied.  You did.