Author Topic: Can Hollywood Do a Better Job Casting Super-Heros?  (Read 13792 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Can Hollywood Do a Better Job Casting Super-Heros?
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »
DK, I agree with your remarks concerning the above list. Some of those guys were in decent shape at one time or another.

DK, I've encouraged a couple of notable GetBiggers to get a Hollywood agent. I usually offer this recommendation when I hear that another Super Hero movie is being considered by one of the major studios. (Or roles that require a 'bodybuilder look'.)

I don't know how many GetBiggers have followed through but if you have a good look and a decent build, you should look into that Hollywood agent possibility.

Getting a good agent is difficult but not impossible and there are suggested procedures to follow. It's a shot in the dark but definitely worth the effort if any agency is remotely interested.

If you want specific info about this subject, email me via this board. Acting experience is good but not always necessary.

After many years of working constantly with an occasional two-week break between films, one of my family members was recently signed on by a big time Hollywood agent and will most likely never see a two week hiatus again. At present he's in New Zealand south of that recent earthquake zone working on two major film projects.

Once you get into that business and get known as a hard and dependable worker, the job offers start rolling in because most film crews go from film to film and like to remain together from project to project (sometimes but not always - so a good agent is always of great value).

I suggest you look into finding an agent providing you think you look like what you think a superhero should be .... or something like that.

Good luck, DK.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2011, 10:00:47 AM »
Very cool. Love Errol Flynn. He really lived two lives, what with his pre-Hollywood sailing/smuggling days. He was a superb action guy, and he could really act, though no one really gave him credit for it. I'll bet that hurt him, no end. And, stunt, wasn't Sean a photographer who went missing/died in Vietnam?

/and i have no idea as to the bear and her misformed cub, so the answer to your oscar story will have to wait.

x2! Errol Flynn is one of my favorite actors.

.....hell he even showed up as Robin Hood in a Bugs Bunny cartoon 8)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »
Why cast a 250 pound guy who wheezes walking up a flight stairs when you can cast a legitimate actor with a good physique and then use camera angles to make him look bigger? They can do some pretty awesome stuff with camera angles (like making Tom Cruise appear tall).

Jay Cutler has the charisma of a wet log. Can you imagine him playing Thor?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 10:17:01 AM »
Doc! The movie about the bear and her deformed cub (Deformed by a forest fire) was based on a book titled THE PROPHECY.. (1979)

The movie starred Talia Shire, Robert Foxworth, and was directed by John Frankenheimer.

I was 'invited' to 'participate' in a bear costume for some long shots (but I only do close ups - so I turned it down.)

Actually I was overseas someplace riding on an aircraft carrier when that informal invite came in.

Why am I telling you this?!!

Oh yea ... it was a previous quiz to retest your impressive movie knowledge.

You flunked with this one. Sorry bout that.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »
Doc! The movie about the bear and her deformed cub (Deformed by a forest fire) was based on a book titled THE PROPHECY.. (1979)

The movie starred Talia Shire, Robert Foxworth, and was directed by John Frankenheimer.

I was 'invited' to 'participate' in a bear costume for some long shots (but I only do close ups - so I turned it down.)

Actually I was overseas someplace riding on an aircraft carrier when that informal invite came in.

Why am I telling you this?!!

Oh yea ... it was a previous quiz to retest your impressive movie knowledge.

You flunked with this one. Sorry bout that.

where did you find a shot of boycubshitoutlet or whatever his name is in the womb?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 08:56:49 AM »
Thang, I think I got that off of IMDB.com.

Actually it's supposed to represent the bear-cub monster that was supposed to terrify everyone who sat and watched it in a dark theater back then.

I recall it being a pretty stupid movie in which the mother bear did her best to protect her forest-fire damaged cub from those damn humans who started the forest fire in the first place.

It's probably one of those movies you can add to your "Don't See" list along with The Green Hornet.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2011, 12:05:02 PM »

x2! Errol Flynn is one of my favorite actors.

.....hell he even showed up as Robin Hood in a Bugs Bunny cartoon 8)

Lol, I remember that!