Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 39957 times)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »
Good for you. That is not science. Guess you don't comprehend what this thread is all about. That is why I get frustrated with the flotsam. I keep hoping but again.......

We know almost nothing about hypertrophy and genetics yet every knucklehead uses this excuse. What is your genetic endowment re muscle size? How would you know?

I like that blue text.

YoU ShOuLd TyPe LiKe ThIs ToO. It Is CoOl.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2011, 04:24:54 PM »
Basile just comes off as an arrogant blowhard. Anyone who disagrees is some combination of "unwashed," "knucklehead," and "flotsam." I'll bet he's chased off many gym customers this way.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »
Good for you. That is not science. Guess you don't comprehend what this thread is all about. That is why I get frustrated with the flotsam. I keep hoping but again.......

so, this to you is 'science'?

Ray Mentzer stayed at my place for several months. We got to learn about Heavy Duty and how to do it right. Some gained and some didn't. Seemed to me somewhat dangerous as strength increases.

nice science, basillie- 'seemed to me' he says. you're such a fucking tool- see, when anyone else makes an observation or has an opinion they are wrong, when you make an observation or have an opinion its 'science'.

fuck off you old twat.

b

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2011, 05:30:10 PM »
From what I can see here is that in Basile's theory, he believes that in the gym one should stimulate and not annihilate the muscle every 3rd day. And in the bedroom he believes that his boyfriend should annihilate not just stimulate his asshole twice a day 7 days a week. Do I have that right?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2011, 08:13:06 PM »
Abominable is more like it. That so many write like this means they feel confident others will think they are clever. What lame and witless dorks many are.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »
this thread makes 10 pages by the end of next week

....we're almost there

thanks for trolling it up, vince

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2011, 08:16:13 PM »
This place is like a computer game where no matter how many villians you shoot more arrive to take their places. The rabble here are ubiquitous.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2011, 08:16:34 PM »
....we're almost there

thanks for trolling it up, vince

Every time I read a Basile post, it plays like the male computer generated voice Fred has been using on the stern show.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2011, 08:19:41 PM »

I love Fred Norris

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2011, 08:22:04 PM »
Every time I read a Basile post, it plays like the male computer generated voice Fred has been using on the stern show.
Is it a whiny, nasaly voice with heavy breaths in between words and what sounds like a little drool building up around the bottom lip?

If so, that's what I would imagine Basshole would sound also.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2011, 08:22:46 PM »
Is it a whiny, nasaly voice with heavy breaths in between words and what sounds like a little drool building up around the bottom lip?

If so, that's what I would imagine Basshole would sound also.

:-X  ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
The rabble here are ubiquitous.

I, too, often ponder the rabble.

Ubiquitous indeed.

U fucking biquitous.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »
Abominable is more like it. That so many write like this means they feel confident others will think they are clever. What lame and witless dorks many are.

Just playing Vince. Relax, You're actually my hero. I too am trying to re-invent the wheel.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2011, 05:19:43 PM »
Isn't it amazing that the flotsam have access to some people with relatively vast experience but they dismiss it. I find that incredible. Why waste years doing the same thing when better methods are available? Oh, I forgot, all Getbiggers are experts and world authorities on bodybuilding and training.

Nope, the knuckleheads here default to believing drugs are the go and I find that totally unwarranted and sad. To hell with the drugs.

I tore a biceps doing stupid deadlifts so I can't train arms as hard as I would like. Without that injury I would be motivated to show you fellows. I still haven't found anyone willing to try extended, extreme training protocols to gain two inches in one month on arms. It is possible.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »
Isn't it amazing that the flotsam have access to some people with relatively vast experience but they dismiss it. I find that incredible. Why waste years doing the same thing when better methods are available? Oh, I forgot, all Getbiggers are experts and world authorities on bodybuilding and training.

Nope, the knuckleheads here default to believing drugs are the go and I find that totally unwarranted and sad. To hell with the drugs.

I tore a biceps doing stupid deadlifts so I can't train arms as hard as I would like. Without that injury I would be motivated to show you fellows. I still haven't found anyone willing to try extended, extreme training protocols to gain two inches in one month on arms. It is possible.

In regard to your earlier post. That is my system, it's called knowing your own body. It trumps any across the board ideology that you are in pursuit of, as such a thing doesn't exist.

Two inches in one month, lol i take it you are senile.
Trans Milkshake.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
Yes load is the main factor. But like I said in another thread, whether going to failure is good or bad depends on the exercise.

bull. if going to failure is ever advantagous, which it may be every now and then, it would apply to every muscle, not selectively.

Today I did some triceps and was thinking of this. I know from experience that I get no training effect from pushdowns if I stop 2-3 reps from failure. It's just not taxing enough, muscularly or neurally. I don't get stronger.

you dont get stronger because you didnt lift heavy enough, not because you stopped shy of failure. use a weight that you would fail at 4-5 reps, and just do a few sets of 2-3. youll get bigger and stronger.

Stopping 2-3 reps shy of failure would be enough if de-trained but after 2-3 workouts I have to push harder.

going to failure doesnt mean your pushing harder. i dont know why so many people correlate failure training with intensity. the two are not tied together.

On the other hand, going to absolute failure on squats for example may kill all strength progression for weeks.

STIMULATE THE MUSCLE TO GROW BY LIFTING HEAVY, DONT BREAK IT DOWN BY DOING MULITPLE SETS TO FAILURE.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
Tbombz and Jaime are now officially Getbig fools. They believe total rubbish. When you enlighten them they retreat into pet beliefs and false theories. No one can help or save them because they are too thick to benefit from instruction.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »
Tbombz and Jaime are now officially Getbig fools. They believe total rubbish. When you enlighten them they retreat into pet beliefs and false theories. No one can help or save them because they are too thick to benefit from instruction.

Yes listening to your own body is foolishness in the extreme... ???

Your theories are laughable.
Trans Milkshake.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
dude if your theory about muscle soreness was all there was to know i would already be mr olympia. nobody can out train me. my first several years of training i followed the basic advice to lift untill i was completely dead, tons of sets to failure, muscles wouldnt work right for days, usually could not do any kind of physical activity after i trained.

hard work is not the answer.

smart work is.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2011, 05:56:23 PM »

Yes listening to your own body is foolishness in the extreme... ???

Your theories are laughable.

What is this 'listening to your body' concept. Please enlighten us.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »
dude if your theory about muscle soreness was all there was to know i would already be mr olympia. nobody can out train me. my first several years of training i followed the basic advice to lift untill i was completely dead, tons of sets to failure, muscles wouldnt work right for days, usually could not do any kind of physical activity after i trained.

hard work is not the answer.

smart work is.

How do you know what the smartest programs are? You start with a theory and go from there. When you stop making gains you have to modify your theory. After decades training you should have a method that causes rapid, continuous growth. If not, then your theories aren't as good as you think they are.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2011, 06:02:20 PM »
What is this 'listening to your body' concept. Please enlighten us.

Age before beauty.

Enlighten me as to what your theory consists of.

I will be more than happy to expand on my thinking as a counter measure to your "theory".
Trans Milkshake.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »

You = teh dumb

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »

You = teh dumb

Half right. Doing maximum heavy deadlifts is dumb and dangerous.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2011, 06:07:30 PM »
How do you know what the smartest programs are? You start with a theory and go from there. When you stop making gains you have to modify your theory. After decades training you should have a method that causes rapid, continuous growth. If not, then your theories aren't as good as you think they are.
thats what this thread is about. the evolution of my personal hypertrophy theory. hypertrophy, myofibral hypertorphy not just sarcoplasmic,  is directly related to muscle strength. fact. taking this into consideration, i have tried various methods to increase strength as rapidly as possible.  i stumbled upon this method of training, sub failure training, last year. its taken me a while to become confident and comfortable with it. i now come to find out this way of training is exactly how olympic powerlifters lift. i still have much to learn, but this bit of knowledge about stimulation as opposed to annihilation has been very helpful to me over the past several months.