Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 39958 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »
I like countless thousands of bodybuilders have proceeded in a haphazard fashion where gains came slowly and occasionally not expected. When growth is almost imperceptible it is difficult to know what works and what doesn't generate hypertrophy. I am trying to reverse engineer the process and start when we know growth has occurred. What protocols led to the growth? What is the state of the body and so on. From experience I discovered that strength gains occur when I trained every third day. This was for pinch gripping so I am making a bold assumption that this will also be suitable for hypertrophy. I was pleased that in the fowl experiments involving stretching with loads Antonio got the best results from those who did that experiment. His frequency of adding resistance? Every third day.

If the state of rapid growth is accompanied by DOMS and you retrain the muscle every third day then the DOMS will be perpetuated. This might sound awful but to actually experience rapid growth makes the pain tolerable and even welcome! :) Please understand that I am talking about physiological processes and responses that will occur in everyone doing the same thing. The theory follows the hypertrophy.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2011, 05:10:40 PM »
Surely if anything you said made sense you would have had a much better physique at your peak?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2011, 05:15:01 PM »
Given the fact that there are roughly more than 200 DIFFERENT types of cancers, if you think one day doctors and scientists are just going to find a "cure for cancer" you are just a taddddddd off base... Furthermore, if you knew anything about medicine and science you would realize that cancer acts very differently in 1 person vs the next.... Moral of the story- you are a fucking dipshit.

Discuss.

Oh brother, typical GetBig asshole. Instead of debating, discussing and refuting with logic and reason you immediately resort to insults. Something a coward like you would only do behind a keyboard because if you did so in real life you would have the living shit beaten out of you.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »
Oh brother, typical GetBig asshole. Instead of debating, discussing and refuting with logic and reason you immediately resort to insults. Something a coward like you would only do behind a keyboard because if you did so in real life you would have the living shit beaten out of you.

I've provided you with much needed education and called you out for being a moron... I'd be happy to do it in person also, Penis.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2011, 05:25:32 PM »
I've provided you with much needed education and called you out for being a moron... I'd be happy to do it in person also, Penis.

LOL! Sure  you would.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2011, 05:35:27 PM »

Go read some books bro... you really are stupid.

Ouch! Epic come back! "Good read some books, bro..." Utterly ruthless. Just for the record, I'm sure I've gone through more books in a year than you have in a life time and graduated from UCLA with a degree in Math and Applied Science having only two Bs and the rest A's in all my course work.

Keep shadow boxing in your TapOut beanie and Vale Tudo shorts in front of the mirror trying to convince yourself you're a bad ass.

Everything about you reeks of an insecure pussy.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
Penisless would tie you into knots and poop into the mess.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
Ouch! Epic come back! "Good read some books, bro..." Utterly ruthless. Just for the record, I'm sure I've gone through more books in a year than you have in a life time and graduated from UCLA with a degree in Math and Applied Science having only two Bs and the rest A's in all my course work.

Math and applied science, huh? What was the applied science about? What was your specialty?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
Surely if anything you said made sense you would have had a much better physique at your peak?

I was at my peak in 1975. I didn't realize the importance of DOMS until 1998 or so. I have debated this topic on the Hypertrophy Specific Forum but impressed nobody there.

You fellows have the benefit of my 52+ years experience bodybuilding and thinking about theories of training.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2011, 06:00:35 PM »
I was at my peak in 1975. I didn't realize the importance of DOMS until 1998 or so. I have debated this topic on the Hypertrophy Specific Forum but impressed nobody there.

You fellows have the benefit of my 52+ years experience bodybuilding and thinking about theories of training.

*Sigh*.........OK Vincent.......post some before/after pics of bodybuilders you have trained using your theories.

Why do you think nobody on the "Hypertrophy Specific" Forum was impressed?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
You know DICK about science and shouldn't open your mouth about it, penis.

Outed.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »
Oh wow... UCLA with a Math and applied science degree... What are you a high school math teacher now?! lol I am impressed.

I am a board certified general surgeon in my last year of surgical oncology fellowship. I graduated #2 in my medical school class. (#1 was a Chinese girl of course lol)

Several people on getbig know me personally and can vouch for who and what I am.

Either way, you lose I win. Go read bro... You know DICK about science and shouldn't open your mouth about it, penis.

Fucking "scientists" like you used to tell us that steroids don't work.  ::)

Why is it that people who don't have a valid argument allways throw insults, or trot out their worthless paper Achievement Awards.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: February 16, 2011, 06:17:51 PM »

Why is it that people who don't have a valid argument allways throw insults, or trot out their worthless paper Achievement Awards.
His parents paid alot of money to enforce affirmative action for him to get that paper "Achievement Award".
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #288 on: February 16, 2011, 06:19:08 PM »

I'm sorry, we must have been looking at guys like Vince Goodrum when we came to those conclusions... lol

For the record, I was just responding to Penis-breath and his claim that he has "read more books than me" in 1 year than I have in my lifetime... and trumping his bullshit math degree with my Doctorate.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: February 16, 2011, 06:24:13 PM »
Oh wow... UCLA with a Math and applied science degree... What are you a high school math teacher now?! lol I am impressed.

I am a board certified general surgeon in my last year of surgical oncology fellowship. I graduated #2 in my medical school class. (#1 was a Chinese girl of course lol)

Several people on getbig know me personally and can vouch for who and what I am.

Either way, you lose I win. Go read bro... You know DICK about science and shouldn't open your mouth about it, penis.

I'm an engineer and if you are a board certified surgeon then, yes, that beats me. But it's astounding that someone with your education talks like a high school dick head who is routinely bullied. Imagine what your patients or people on the "board" would think if they read your posts here.

And, BTW, we are talking bodybuilding here. Have you posted a pic showing how advance you are and what makes you an authority?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: February 16, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
Classy "Doctor" we have here.

I'd eat her ass.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: February 16, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »
His parents paid alot of money to enforce affirmative action for him to get that paper "Achievement Award".

LOL! He does sound ghetto.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: February 16, 2011, 06:28:36 PM »
I'm sorry, we must have been looking at guys like Vince Goodrum when we came to those conclusions... lol

For the record, I was just responding to Penis-breath and his claim that he has "read more books than me" in 1 year than I have in my lifetime... and trumping his bullshit math degree with my Doctorate.

Translation: "Please don't gang up on me. It reminds me of my real life where I get routinely ass raped."

viking1

• Getbig V
Re:
« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2011, 06:29:28 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
I know I’m your worst nightmare Chaos, a black man with an education.

LMAO!!! You're the only kind of negroid I like, you Uncle Tom, sell out mutha fucka!! ;D

I heard you were whiter than Wiggs.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: February 16, 2011, 06:31:39 PM »
Sure you'd love that if it were true, because it would make you feel better about your lack of achieving anything of importance in your life... but the truth is, I got into medical school because i worked extremely hard in college and earned my way in.

I know I’m your worst nightmare Chaos, a black man with an education. Sorry dude!! I'll tip you well when you change the oil in my car...

LOL! Black man with an education and "earned my way in." Sure you did.

So fucking typical. Explain the chip on your shoulder.

From our educated doctor who "worked" his way through college.

Sal your tiny white cock wouldn't fit between those butt cheeks of hers!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: February 16, 2011, 06:35:42 PM »
LMAO!!! You're the only kind of negroid I like, you Uncle Tom, sell out mutha fucka!! ;D

I heard you were whiter than Wiggs.

You know he's reaching for his "gat" right now. You can take the neegarr out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the neegarr.

What a disgrace to the medical professional.

Wer da wite wimmin at?

Ay yo STEVIE... I'd LOVE to tongue jack your blonde little wife in her shitbox... no offense. :-D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #297 on: February 16, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »
Are we having a dick-waving contest in this thread?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
LOL Racist racist... It really eats you up doesn't it?! I love guys like you... You are my motivation!!!

Settle down Turk!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #299 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »
LOL Racist racist... It really eats you up doesn't it?! I love guys like you... You are my motivation!!!

I have no dog in this fight but you kinda sound full of shit.

You would be the FIRST surgeon.....black, white or purple.... to hang around here and talk about eating chick's assholes....not buying it