Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 39963 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2011, 07:30:19 PM »
no need to cry for it, you give me plenty on your own bro!! Any more black jokes for this evening? How about one about Fried Chicken, Grape Soda and Watermelon?!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
LMAO... you are realllll classy bro with your racist bullshit. Really pathetic.

You might as well just say, "Sure you are but what am I?"

For a doctor you really don't sound that sharp.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:05 PM »
I have one  :D

why are chimpanzees always frowning ??

LOL! Priceless!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2011, 07:33:56 PM »
I stand by everything I've said 100%- you are a racist dipshit. End of story. Nite!

Pointing out the ghetto culture that you exemplify and that is ruining this country is not racist. It's not the color of your skin, homey, it's your despicable ghetto, low brow culture.

Fucking low class piece of shit ape!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »
I just read about 1/2 of this thread whilst taking a shit and to say the parasites in my shit would be smarter than some of the babbling that's in this thread would be an understatement. Vince, give us your therorie on why you think your bicep tore during a deadlift and then I'll give you mine. You were really a teacher? In an actual accredited school? Fuck!!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2011, 08:30:44 PM »
Given the fact that there are roughly more than 200 DIFFERENT types of cancers, if you think one day doctors and scientists are just going to find a "cure for cancer" you are just a taddddddd off base... Furthermore, if you knew anything about medicine and science you would realize that cancer acts very differently in 1 person vs the next.... Moral of the story- you are a fucking dipshit.

Discuss.

Low doses of cyanide and/or high doses of B17 will kill all 200 different types of  the cancer you talk about. FEAR is DEATH

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
Basile wants all noobs to follow his program. Of course it will work for a month. Increase your bodyweight before every 3rd workout means you're eating like a fucking pig. So of course the tape measure around the arm will increase. But for how long? At what point do you realize you're turning into a fat shit and start second guessing yourself? So instead of moving on in life, you start banging 300-900 pound fat women to feed your ego. Its a visious circle really. There is no end. And then one day you find yourself purchasing a 1980 dodge white windowless van with the words FREE CANDY spray painted to the sides wondering how the fuck you got to that point. Not worth it. DO NOT KEEP INCREASING YOUR BODY WEIGHT. ITS A DEATH SENTENCE PEOPLE!!!

"Passive Aggressive people think
                                                  they're the smartest people in
                                                  the room at any given time"

---The Abdominal Snoman

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »
I added the point about increasing bodyweight for the hard gainer guys who can't gain weight. They won't gain muscle unless they can do so. Bloaters like yourself can disreguard that stipulation. You would be surprised how many active young guys can't put on muscle simply because of inadequate nutrition re calories. Eating properly should provide the essential nutrients but many here have outrageous ideas about protein and eating healthily. It is difficult to help overcome that nonsense.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #333 on: February 16, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »
Vince...what the fuck are you talking about and please answer my question!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #334 on: February 16, 2011, 10:02:05 PM »
Vince...what the fuck are you talking about and please answer my question!
Answer my question too, Vince!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2011, 12:36:16 AM »
I've already answered the question regarding the grand unified theory of hypertrophy. I can't take credit for this break through but I'm only a humble apostle spreading the gospel of truth.

Testosterona
Equipona
Trenbolona
Masterona
Ghona

Dianabolona and Anapolona worked in off and on depending need and circumstances.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2011, 09:02:41 AM »
I added the point about increasing bodyweight for the hard gainer guys who can't gain weight. They won't gain muscle unless they can do so. Bloaters like yourself can disreguard that stipulation. You would be surprised how many active young guys can't put on muscle simply because of inadequate nutrition re calories. Eating properly should provide the essential nutrients but many here have outrageous ideas about protein and eating healthily. It is difficult to help overcome that nonsense.

I know you recommend 20-30 grams of protein a day tops. Could you give an example of how to eat a lot without exceeding this amount of protein?

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »
i agree with vince, now that he has put forward an idea, instead of just telling everyone else's were wrong.

i have switched to a very rep driven program that involves static holds and partials, all to failure.

this is what one set looks like (well use barbell curls as an example)

5 reps with olympic bar and 15 a side. hold at top of 5th rep for 10 count. at end of 10 count 5 more reps. hold for 10 count. at end of 10 count 5 more reps. now 15 partials in middle range of motion where i tend to feel it best in my bicep.

there is constant tension on the muscle the start of the set to the end of the partials. you arm bicep is on fire and swollen at the end of one set. by the time your session is over you cant curl your arm up to take the earbuds from your ipod out of your ear. i do 3 sets of 4 exercises like this, super-setting with triceps in the same manner. the whole workout takes a little over an hour with no rest set to set. in comparison to my last program i am doing 10x the number of reps per workout. it isnt about the weight being used- its focusing on the muscle working and making sure it is totally and completely wiped out when you leave that gym.

for the first 4 weeks i grew like mad, despite dieting. now im in my 5th week i am only now starting to see a diminishing return on this program- it worked awesome for the first month, and now it has taken its toll on my body. i have slept well over 16 hours today as my body is pretty fatigued. it has brought my arms up considerably, and i try to train them at least twice a week. i'll keep training like this until my gains stop, but as long as im getting the proper rest, nutrients and supps, i cant see it happening anytime soon.

THIS sounds great

LOVE no rest arm worouts, just switch from one exercise to the next.

And this reminds me of the catch 22 of drug free lifting. I have average to poor genetics, and I need VOLUME to grow. But when you train drug free as most of my training has been you can burn out with too many set extenders etc. The best ballance of volume and growth for me was GVT.

The few occasions I've had access to hormones I get really fuckin lazy and totally slack off on my workouts, whats up with that??  :'(
No fucking self discipline.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »
Again where did I say "He'd never post..." I just find it disgraceful for someone in your profession. And, no not all board certified surgeons are civil and cultured. You're a prime example. You're a certified piece of shit.

Pray we never find out who you are and your real name. You'd be back to dealing Coke and eating out Black women's asses.

Pig!

You really are delusional, HOMIE. You are the one who was busted for buying drugs... and you are the sorry excuse for a man who was looking to take handouts from people on the internet lol Epic Projection.  ::)

I really honestly feel sorry for you. I'll pray for you!

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #339 on: February 17, 2011, 10:04:04 AM »
I know you recommend 20-30 grams of protein a day tops. Could you give an example of how to eat a lot without exceeding this amount of protein?

Vince B recommends only 20-30g of protein per day?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2011, 10:09:09 AM »
Vince B recommends only 20-30g of protein per day?

Yes. Vince is a nutrition expert and after reviewing the research this is his conclusion.

Comment to Pellius. Being scientific means reading the literature and research findings and accepting the evidence for theories that are held and supported. Too many hold beliefs picked up from magazines and the gym. For example, how much protein does a guy like you need per day? You claim you used to take 300 to 350 grams and have cut that back to about 200 grams just to be safe. Well, someone like you who is not increasing muscle size probably needs only 20 grams of protein per day and probably no more than 50 grams. So you could save even more if you stop wasting it on unnecessary protein. The extra will be converted to energy and it is much cheaper to get that directly from fats and carbohydrates. You need to read university nutrition textbooks and not forum hearsay for your information.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »
Yes. Vince is a nutrition expert and after reviewing the research this is his conclusion.

You know, it's funny how Basile likes to blow smoke up his ass by talking about university education etc but I haven't so far seen him cite a single scientific study.
from incomplete data

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2011, 10:16:44 AM »
You know, it's funny how Basile likes to blow smoke up his ass by talking about university education etc but I haven't so far seen him cite a single scientific study.
There's the one 'hypertrophy' study with chickens he's continually citing.    ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2011, 10:18:37 AM »

When the research that is there doesn't support his ideas he likes to say, "there is no research".  ::)

See the quote I put up above. As if there's no research on protein requirements or that the research supports this amount of protein intake for an athlete. His recommendation is below FDA daily requirements for sedentary individuals ffs!  :D

Oh well, on getbig everyone's an expert, even old fat guys.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
When the research that is there doesn't support his ideas he likes to say, "there is no research".  ::)

See the quote I put up above. As if there's no research on protein requirements or that the research supports this amount of protein intake for an athlete. His recommendation is below FDA daily requirements for sedentary individuals ffs!  :D

Oh well, on getbig everyone's an expert, even old fat guys.

I'm going to actually give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he meant 20-30grms per meal....assuming he's eating more than once a day :-\

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #346 on: February 17, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »
I'm going to actually give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he meant 20-30grms per meal....assuming he's eating more than once a day :-\
Have you seen a pic of Vince!?  ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #347 on: February 17, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »

Nah  :D

Well, someone like you who is not increasing muscle size probably needs only 20 grams of protein per day and probably no more than 50 grams.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #348 on: February 17, 2011, 10:34:22 AM »
THIS sounds great

LOVE no rest arm worouts, just switch from one exercise to the next.

And this reminds me of the catch 22 of drug free lifting. I have average to poor genetics, and I need VOLUME to grow. But when you train drug free as most of my training has been you can burn out with too many set extenders etc. The best ballance of volume and growth for me was GVT.

The few occasions I've had access to hormones I get really fuckin lazy and totally slack off on my workouts, whats up with that??  :'(
No fucking self discipline.

exactly. well said- its a fine line for the natty where a program like this will cripple you. you have to really pay attention to your body and know when to gear down and take it easy cause something like this routine can throw you into over training in a heartbeat, especially if your macros are off, or your not getting enough rest.
b

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
b