Author Topic: 100 Dead Blacks vs 5000 Dead Blacks - what gets more coverage?  (Read 14875 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: 100 Dead Blacks vs 5000 Dead Blacks - what gets more coverage?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 07:46:03 AM »
What other reason would there be to stop more white people when they aren't the demographic committing the crimes other than their race?  

The phrasing itself is specious! The "stopping more white people" would only come about as a result of IGNORING race, not by singling out whites, as well as blacks and asians. Because you can't single out everybody. Already, as it stands, these stop and frisks aren't incredibly effective at catching criminals. If their purpose is largely, then broadening the scope would not change that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 07:48:22 AM »
Its not arguable at all.  The total numbers matter very little, its the percentage relative to the population size.
Bingo. Absolute numbers are useless, you have to use percentages to compare relative statistics in these type of cases.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2014, 07:52:19 AM »
The phrasing itself is specious! The "stopping more white people" would only come about as a result of IGNORING race, not by singling out whites, as well as blacks and asians. Because you can't single out everybody. Already, as it stands, these stop and frisks aren't incredibly effective at catching criminals. If their purpose is largely, then broadening the scope would not change that.

By ignoring race and targeting everyone equally you would no longer be targeting the demographic who commits the crime.  The program would become even less effective.  The program isn't intended primarily for arrests but as a deterrent.   Whether the program works that way is anyone's guess but if it does, not targeting the demographic that commits the crime will decrease determent.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2014, 07:58:48 AM »
By ignoring race and targeting everyone equally you would no longer be targeting the demographic who commits the crime.  The program would become even less effective.  The program isn't intended primarily for arrests but as a deterrent.   Whether the program works that way is anyone's guess but if it does, not targeting the demographic that commits the crime will decrease determent.

Well, obviously, I don't agree with what you consider logic, but regardless, it's =/= "racist against white people".

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2014, 08:00:27 AM »
Bingo. Absolute numbers are useless, you have to use percentages to compare relative statistics in these type of cases.

It's simple, you have 100 people, 70 of which are purple, 13 orange and 12 blue and the remainder 5 yellow.  If the orange group attacks the purple group 10 times while the purple group attacks the orange group nine times, the initial reaction from most people is to say, look there isn't much of a different in the numbers of attacks but in reality the number of attacks is multiple times higher for the orange group.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »
Yes, I do remember that you live here. I also remember that you belong to one of the populations that this type of stuff has often been said about.

And if guidos are dealing in the middle of the day - toss em!  If there is a mafia hangout and the dealers and pimps are there to make payment - toss em. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2014, 08:02:03 AM »
Well, obviously, I don't agree with what you consider logic, but regardless, it's =/= "racist against white people".

You would be targeting Caucasians and Asians simply because of their race.  There would be no other reason to stop and frisk more whites other than their race.  
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2014, 08:03:18 AM »
You would be targeting Caucasians and Asians simply because of their race.  There would be no other reason to stop and frisk more whites other than their race.  

Yeah, there are no white or asian criminals in NYC ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2014, 08:04:57 AM »
And if guidos are dealing in the middle of the day - toss em!  If there is a mafia hangout and the dealers and pimps are there to make payment - toss em. 

Yes! Fine! But please don't pretend these problems are concentrated to one group of people and that without that one group, NYC is a self-governing utopia.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2014, 08:06:29 AM »
It's simple, you have 100 people, 70 of which are purple, 13 orange and 12 blue and the remainder 5 yellow.  If the orange group attacks the purple group 10 times while the purple group attacks the orange group nine times, the initial reaction from most people is to say, look there isn't much of a different in the numbers of attacks but in reality the number of attacks is multiple times higher for the orange group.

Except  you literally just reposted some made up, random numbers and tried to pass it off as a  shocking epidemic that the media underreports.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
Yeah, there are no white or asian criminals in NYC ::)

Of course there are White and Asian criminals but they aren't the ones disproportionately committing gun crimes and live in high crime areas where gun crimes most often occur.  
A

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »
Hebrews trying to get coverage risking their lives and others.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2014, 08:09:55 AM »
Except  you literally just reposted some made up, random numbers and tried to pass it off as a  shocking epidemic that the media underreports.

I didn't make any numbers up.  I'm sorry you won't acknowledge the facts that blacks commit crimes against whites considerably more. More blacks commit a variety of crimes against whites than white cops shoot blacks and I guarantee you think cop killings of young black men is an epidemic
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2014, 08:10:09 AM »

Of course there are White and Asian criminals but they aren't the ones disproportionately committing gun crimes and live in high crime areas where gun crimes most often occur.  

::) ::) ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2014, 08:13:02 AM »
I didn't make any numbers up.  I'm sorry you won't acknowledge the facts that blacks commit crimes against whites considerably more. More blacks commit a variety of crimes against whites than white cops shoot blacks and I guarantee you think cop killings of young black men is an epidemic

I know you didn't make them up yourself. You took them from another site and that WILDLY misinterpreted them.

You can guarantee what I'm thinking? You're a mindreader now? You can barely read a study. Master the basics first ;)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2014, 08:14:43 AM »

And?   Why target demographic groups who don't commit the vast majority of gun crimes?  
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2014, 08:15:31 AM »

His point stands though... if 1 in 10 white guys are committing murder and 5 in 10 blacks are, they should be stopping 5 black guys for every 1 white guy.

Im sure if the situation was reversed and 5 white guys were being stopped for every 1 black due to whites committing murder on a 5:1 basis,  youd think it was perfectly fine, and no one would complain. (As it should be)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2014, 08:17:08 AM »
I know you didn't make them up yourself. You took them from another site and that WILDLY misinterpreted them.

You can guarantee what I'm thinking? You're a mindreader now? You can barely read a study. Master the basics first ;)

Even if the study only included ten random people it still demonstrates disproportionate number of black on white sexual assaults/rapes.  Thats how statistics are done.  You take a sample size and interpret the data. You would think they would find at least one example of white on black sexual assault/rape but they didn't, not a single instance.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2014, 08:29:27 AM »
Even if the study only included ten random people it still demonstrates disproportionate number of black on white sexual assaults/rapes.  Thats how statistics are done.  You take a sample size and interpret the data. You would think they would find at least one example of white on black sexual assault/rape but they didn't, not a single instance.

No, this isn't accurate, but you didn't even get this far. The source you cited was wrong on what the parameters of the data were and even what the actual data was.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2014, 08:34:32 AM »
No, this isn't accurate, but you didn't even get this far. The source you cited was wrong on what the parameters of the data were and even what the actual data was.

Nope, try again.  Why cant you admit blacks commit crimes against whites at a disproportionate rate?  What are you going to do about it? If crimes are related to proximity doesnt that mean blacks are seeking out white victims
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2014, 08:40:35 AM »
Nope, try again.  Why cant you admit blacks commit crimes against whites at a disproportionate rate?  What are you going to do about it? If crimes are related to proximity doesnt that mean blacks are seeking out white victims

That's exactly what happened. ::)

And I said MURDER is predominately a crime of proximity.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2014, 08:42:04 AM »
And I said MURDER is predominately a crime of proximity.

Does that mean your people are actually going out of their way to disproportionately seek out white victims? ???

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2014, 08:43:06 AM »
Does that mean your people are actually going out of their way to seek out white victims? ???

Most blacks who are killed are killed by blacks.
Most whites who are killed are killed by whites.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2014, 08:48:02 AM »
Does that mean your people are actually going out of their way to disproportionately seek out white victims? ???

Thats what I want to know.   Blacks murder more whites than whites murder blacks. Doesnt this mean blacks are seeking out whites to get within "proximity" of?
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »
Thats what I want to know.   Blacks murder more whites than whites murder blacks. Doesnt this mean blacks are seeking out whites to get within "proximity" of?

It's even worse than we thought. According to Al they're actually going out of their way to disproportionately kill white people.  ;D