Author Topic: what ever happened to steven segal  (Read 13627 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: what ever happened to steven segal
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2015, 06:49:37 AM »
All this gun talk + morning wood = bathroom break. ..... :-[
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2015, 07:06:39 AM »
All this gun talk + morning wood = bathroom break. ..... :-[
Sorry man but if i was over there me and -aj- would just go hunting and shooting all Day..Cook the meat,drink Beer...  maybe i would make a good Red Neck  :D

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2015, 07:13:23 AM »
Ahh the SLR. We typically call it the FAL here in the states and it's probably my favorite 7.62x51 battle rifle. I have a friend that's selling his para version and I've been trying to talk him down on price.

The big debate among battle rifle folks is the M-14 versus the FAL. I have a tricked out scoped SR-25 and it's my favorite longer range weapon (out to about 600m). Thinking about a nice .338 Lapua for those occasional 1000m head shots.
Here an interesting sought-after piece is the australian version of the FAL, the one with wooden grip and stuff... Regarding long range, right now i heard a lot of good things for Desert Tactical, not a fan of bullpup firearms but still, otherwise in .338LM the Sako TRG is still a great piece, not overpriced, reliable, accurate and very easy to customize... Steyr SSG-08 is another great rifle i was looking into... Right now i have in order a custom rifle in .375 Chey-Tac for long range stuff...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2015, 07:15:15 AM »
A1 version of the SA80 really was shit. magazine housing was fucked, cheaply made and prone to stopping. A2 was lot better.

With the SLR, i believe it was the argies that had the fully auto version right? that's why they couldn't hit fuck all, as their bursts went over our guys heads.
SLR was a killing machine. That round hit you..you at least lost a limb. The Difference in Range is also a consideration which the British Infantry soon found out on operations. The Sa80 first version was terrible for stoppages. the SLR you could throw around, use in cold and warm conditions.. field strip and clean the working parts and gas plug with dirt or sand..no joke. I remember digging the rod into dirt and cleaning the cordite off it and wiping it with my combat jacket.. oiled it up and it fired no problem. The trick with the SLR is the Gas Plug. You gotta know what you are doing. Most stoppages were due to a fine adjustment of the Gas regulator.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2015, 07:24:35 AM »
Here an interesting sought-after piece is the australian version of the FAL, the one with wooden grip and stuff... Regarding long range, right now i heard a lot of good things for Desert Tactical, not a fan of bullpup firearms but still, otherwise in .338LM the Sako TRG is still a great piece, not overpriced, reliable, accurate and very easy to customize... Steyr SSG-08 is another great rifle i was looking into... Right now i have in order a custom rifle in .375 Chey-Tac for long range stuff...

The Chey-Tac seems a little too wildcat for me. That said, I already have the .338 LM dies, bullets, cases and primers, so I am gonna make my own ammo anyway  :-\

The .408 Chey-Tac was a beast. Similar terminal ballistics as the .50 with a longer/flatter trajectory.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2015, 07:26:18 AM »
Sorry man but if i was over there me and -aj- would just go hunting and shooting all Day..Cook the meat,drink Beer...  maybe i would make a good Red Neck  :D

The law in NH is that you can shoot anything on your property without a license. I have a ton of land and literally herds of deer wandering through daily. The dogs go absolutely bonkers. We could sit in the family room playing XBox and take shots out the window.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2015, 07:33:10 AM »
Yeah the thinking behind the sa80 was that it would require more men to deal with someone wounded, plus you can carry more ammo. They made that piece of shit LSW for longer ranges, but still have decent 7.62 with the GPMG, G3 and the sharpshooter.

Same stupid logic that gave us the M-16 over the M-14. Now in AFGH, we are trying all kinds of new bullet tricks to get back to 1/2 the terminal ballistics of the ball 7.62x51 ammo. Admittedly the Mk262 mod1 is a fine cartridge (77gr), but it's no comparison to 168 grains of diplomacy.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2015, 07:39:38 AM »
Yeah the thinking behind the sa80 was that it would require more men to deal with someone wounded, plus you can carry more ammo. They made that piece of shit LSW for longer ranges, but still have decent 7.62 with the GPMG, G3 and the sharpshooter.
ah yes...the Jimpy.. i heard they tried to do away with it but soon learned different. important Infantry weapon. I also remember the LMG and it was not a bad bit of kit..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2015, 07:45:47 AM »
The LMG

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2015, 07:47:01 AM »
The Chey-Tac seems a little too wildcat for me. That said, I already have the .338 LM dies, bullets, cases and primers, so I am gonna make my own ammo anyway  :-\

The .408 Chey-Tac was a beast. Similar terminal ballistics as the .50 with a longer/flatter trajectory.
If you have all the reloading tools go for it, reloading is a must with these LR cartridges, both for price and performance purpose... Yeah, Cheytac cartridges are more unique pricey stuff for ELR only mostly... Regarding the .408 Cheytac, i see absolutely no reason to own one when you can have the .375 who is far superior on anything... But yes, both far superior to the .50 BMG, not a fan of it honestly, big boomer with heavy bullets, but after around 1000m it isn't spectacular like others...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2015, 07:48:29 AM »
If you have all the reloading tools go for it, reloading is a must with these LR cartridges, both for price and performance purpose... Yeah, Cheytac cartridges are more unique pricey stuff for ELR only mostly... Regarding the .408 Cheytac, i see absolutely no reason to own one when you can have the .375 who is far superior on anything... But yes, both far superior to the .50 BMG, not a fan of it honestly, big boomer with heavy bullets, but after around 1000m it isn't spectacular like others...

I like the .50 because it gives politicians angina to know that they are out there.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2015, 07:56:26 AM »
I like the .50 because it gives politicians angina to know that they are out there.
Lol... ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2015, 07:57:49 AM »
Yeah GPMG won't go anywhere, it's worth it's weight in gold. LMG is great too, like a smaller, lighter version that's great for putting down a quick, massive rate of fire.

There's a definite trade off, although i can see the logic of it for use in the sort of recent conflicts that soldiers have been fighting in... hot climates, without Falklands type weather, plus the long distances carrying it and all the ammo too. Makes sense to have a personal weapon with less recoil and more rounds, providing there is still 7.62 being carried by a few of them.

Much like our Canadian friends, we've finally stopped using the 7.62x51 for elite snipers (Army and Marine snipers still use the Remington 700 in 7.62x51). The SEALs and SF have moved up to the .300 WinMag and the .338 LM.

The .308 is fine out to about 800m, but the bullet trajectory goes to hell when it makes the trans-sonic shift down. In deserts, it's routine to be looking at 1000m shots.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2015, 08:02:01 AM »
Yeah GPMG won't go anywhere, it's worth it's weight in gold. LMG is great too, like a smaller, lighter version that's great for putting down a quick, massive rate of fire.

There's a definite trade off, although i can see the logic of it for use in the sort of recent conflicts that soldiers have been fighting in... hot climates, without Falklands type weather, plus the long distances carrying it and all the ammo too. Makes sense to have a personal weapon with less recoil and more rounds, providing there is still 7.62 being carried by a few of them.
The Jimpy will stay because it is the best of the best. LMG i learned in 85 and we used it with the Jimpy well into the 80s. The LMG was accurate. A very underrated weapon but really used effectively in the Second World war(earlier version). Each Gun had a Jimpy mounted and our command post used the LMG. Fucking red arses, with the charlie G.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2015, 08:02:26 AM »
The big LOL for me is that I've killed put near everything that can walk or crawl with my 12 ga pump gun and buckshot.

And if I have to go to a rifle, I usually pull out my lever-action short barrel guide gun in .45/70 which has a trajectory more similar to an artillery round than a rifle bullet.