Author Topic: Don't Have Sex In Dubai...They Don't Play...You Will Go To JAIL!!!!!  (Read 3138 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

British woman 'arrested in Dubai after being raped'
A 23-year-old British woman on holiday in Dubai told police she had been raped, only to be arrested herself for having illegal sexual intercourse.

By Chris Irvine
Published: 7:30AM GMT 08 Jan 2010
Dubai is popular with British holidaymakers but it has strict rules about sexual intercourse and alcohol

The woman, a Muslim of Pakistani descent, was celebrating her engagement to her 44-year-old boyfriend, and was allegedly attacked when she passed out in a hotel lavatory.

Despite approaching police about the attack, she was arrested after admitting to "illegal drinking" outside licensed premises as well as having sexual intercourse outside marriage. Her fiancé was also charged with the same offences.

The couple from London are now reportedly on bail and understood to be awaiting trial after having their passports confiscated. Should they be found guilty, they could face up to six years in jail.

The woman, who is said to have accepted her boyfriend's marriage proposal during a three-day break, admitted drinking too much alcohol as they celebrated at Dubai Marina's Address Hotel. The waiter is then said to have followed her into the toilets and raped her while she was in a state of semi-consciousness.

After her fiancé found out about the attack, they contacted police, but they were questioned about breaking the country's strict rules, which contain elements of Sharia law.

She was then made to give a blood test to prove she had been drinking, and only was given access to proper medical checks following an appeal from the British embassy, it is claimed.

A cellmate of the woman told The Sun: "She's a British girl but a Muslim, so I think they were tougher on her because of that.

"She was trying to report the rape but soon realised the policemen were more interested in how often she has sex with her boyfriend."

Her attacker is believed to have denied rape, claiming she consented, but he has also been charged with "illegal sex".

A spokesman for the Foreign Office told The Daily Telegraph: "We can confirm two British nationals were arrested in Dubai on 1 January. Our embassy in Dubai is providing consular assistance and we cannot confirm or release further details about the case"

An Address Hotel spokesman told The Sun: "The matter is being investigated by the authorities".

Dubai has strict rules about sexual intercourse and alcohol. In July 2008, British woman Michelle Palmer, was convicted after being caught having drunken sex outsider marriage with Vince Acors. They were given three-month suspended jail sentences.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Don't Have Sex In Dubai...They Don't Play...You Will Go To JAIL!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 02:20:32 PM »
Brilliant.  Here's this place, in heavy financial problems and obviously needs tourism dollars.  A place that has put forth an image of being totally modern, friendly and safe--and this is the message they send, the reality?  Total fucking joke, fuck them, I'm going to Dubai India.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 02:21:22 PM »
Brilliant.  Here's this place, in heavy financial problems and obviously needs tourism dollars.  A place that has put forth an image of being totally modern, friendly and safe--and this is the message they send, the reality?  Total fucking joke, fuck them, I'm going to Dubai India.

MattT has a nice condo you can rent there.  8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
Maybe these slobs should keep their private business in their rooms?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:37:07 PM »
Once again, US foreign policy rears its ugly head!

When will GW Bush learn!?

If we just pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan and stop supporting Israel, Muslims around the world will rejoice and act like normal, intelligent, modern human beings!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »
Ah the middle east where 2 + 2 = banana
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »
Bizarrely - I was having a chat with a middle aged American woman at work yesterday about India - mostly about never wanting to go to the dirty shit hole.

I shit you not that she mentioned the city of Dubai.

Is it possible she has the getbig Atlas at home ?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 12:15:51 AM »
Bizarrely - I was having a chat with a middle aged American woman at work yesterday about India - mostly about never wanting to go to the dirty shit hole.

I shit you not that she mentioned the city of Dubai.

Is it possible she has the getbig Atlas at home ?
BWAhahahahahahahaha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 12:40:49 AM »
stupid ass laws they have there.

but then again, when you visit a place, you adhere to the laws of the country.  if it's bullshit, spend your tourist dollars elsewhere.  Who is stupid enough to go to dubai and hook up without a wedding ring? 

nobody goes to amsterdam and complains about the lax drug laws. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 02:20:14 AM »
stupid ass laws they have there.

but then again, when you visit a place, you adhere to the laws of the country.  if it's bullshit, spend your tourist dollars elsewhere.  Who is stupid enough to go to dubai and hook up without a wedding ring?  

nobody goes to amsterdam and complains about the lax drug laws.  
yea, but they've been advertising/promoting a modern image. And yet they'll arrest a rape victim?  haha... true colors right there.  for a place trying to one up the premiere destinations, this kind of shit is a joke.  hey, they can have the middle ages or the progressive modern image they advertise, but they can't have both. nothing wrong with assigning hypocrisy were it's due.

what you just said i would expect to be true if i went to Saudi Arabia, but then they don't advertse a different image....

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 04:07:17 AM »
Once again, US foreign policy rears its ugly head!

When will GW Bush learn!?

If we just pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan and stop supporting Israel, Muslims around the world will rejoice and act like normal, intelligent, modern human beings!

I never believed that - what we really need to do is get off the oil now - no money no terrorism.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 05:44:29 AM »
Perhpas the Muslims ARE advancing.

Don't they usually just stone the rape victim to death?

Leaps and strides.
G

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
British woman 'arrested in Dubai after being raped'
A 23-year-old British woman on holiday in Dubai told police she had been raped, only to be arrested herself for having illegal sexual intercourse.

EEEEEEEEK!!!
w

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 07:55:33 AM »

EEEEEEEEK!!!

Put on your chastity belt Jag when you go to Dubai and remember NO DRINKING EXCEPT IN DESIGNATED PLACES and have no more then one or two drinks per night.
C