Author Topic: GUY GRUNDY - what's up with your DVDs???  (Read 3141 times)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
GUY GRUNDY - what's up with your DVDs???
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
For a while there you were promoting them stating more were to come. It's been a long time. Did things just go belly-up?

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
  • The more you put in, the Harder it is to Quit
Re: GUY GRUNDY - what's up with your DVDs???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 02:51:21 PM »
For a while there you were promoting them stating more were to come. It's been a long time. Did things just go belly-up?

Hey Mate!

Yeah, it did not do as well as I thought. They are still selling but not enough to warrant bringing a second one out. I had Vol 2 all edited and ready to go. It was a big imrpovement from the first one but the interest is not there. We had fullpage ads in various magazines and we had them at Golds, Max muscle an La Urban which are the big places to sell along with posters and othr promo material and the response was not overwehleimng to say the least LOL. That's business! Some things work, somethings don't. The Barbell Dumbell training DVD I produced is doing a lot better www.fitness-video.net. This was so much easier and cost no where near as much to make and I have sold a great deal more. hope all is well for you. I am now a little depressed thiking about this business failure LOL. Take care

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 03:12:53 PM »
Hey Guy,

If you don't mind answering, approximately how many units did you sell of the GG Vol I?
Also, how much did were your production costs?

Talk soon!
BigNationRadio.com

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 03:27:26 PM »
Hey Mate!

Yeah, it did not do as well as I thought. They are still selling but not enough to warrant bringing a second one out. I had Vol 2 all edited and ready to go. It was a big imrpovement from the first one but the interest is not there. We had fullpage ads in various magazines and we had them at Golds, Max muscle an La Urban which are the big places to sell along with posters and othr promo material and the response was not overwehleimng to say the least LOL. That's business! Some things work, somethings don't. The Barbell Dumbell training DVD I produced is doing a lot better www.fitness-video.net. This was so much easier and cost no where near as much to make and I have sold a great deal more. hope all is well for you. I am now a little depressed thiking about this business failure LOL. Take care

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Damn. That sucks!

I was looking forward to them.  :(

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 04:35:51 PM »
Hey Guy,

If you don't mind answering, approximately how many units did you sell of the GG Vol I?
Also, how much did were your production costs?

Talk soon!

I wont dislclose how many I sold but I the other ?'s noproblem. All the guys did the DVD for free so there was no cost for the atjletes as they were happy to do the filiming for the DVD and I was pretty cool with all the guys before we did any filming.  I purchased them in the amount of 1000 copies which cost me Approx $2,200 fo the DVD;s to sell. these are expensive as the quality is high for reproductions. Then there is the editing, special effetcs, Music etc for the DVD and RENDERING The word rendering means you have to pay a lot of money to get the DVD conformed to the corrrect DVD transfer. That's the best way I can explain it. I would estimate my total costs at around $6,000-$8,000. I also had posters designed, DVD holdders with graphics for the stores, Postcards. I didn't lose to much money on the 1stone but I did produced all of Number 2 without relasing it so that cost me at least another $6,000 there which was a total wash. WOW, now I am even more depressed! shit I woke up feeling good as well LOL.

The www.fitness-video.net was FAR cheaper in every sense. I started my own production company to do this one which proved a good move. Take care

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 04:40:12 PM »
Damn. That sucks!

I was looking forward to them.  :(

Thanks for the kidn words Mate! I thought it would do well but through my experience of selling DVD's on line only the big names like ROnnie and Jay's DVD really sell well. Markus Ruhl was another good seler but other than those they are slow sellers. Of course the Battle for the O is a huge seller as is the Olympia. ALl the best Buddy!

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 04:59:47 PM »
I wont dislclose how many I sold but I the other ?'s noproblem. All the guys did the DVD for free so there was no cost for the atjletes as they were happy to do the filiming for the DVD and I was pretty cool with all the guys before we did any filming.  I purchased them in the amount of 1000 copies which cost me Approx $2,200 fo the DVD;s to sell. these are expensive as the quality is high for reproductions. Then there is the editing, special effetcs, Music etc for the DVD and RENDERING The word rendering means you have to pay a lot of money to get the DVD conformed to the corrrect DVD transfer. That's the best way I can explain it. I would estimate my total costs at around $6,000-$8,000. I also had posters designed, DVD holdders with graphics for the stores, Postcards. I didn't lose to much money on the 1stone but I did produced all of Number 2 without relasing it so that cost me at least another $6,000 there which was a total wash. WOW, now I am even more depressed! shit I woke up feeling good as well LOL.

The www.fitness-video.net was FAR cheaper in every sense. I started my own production company to do this one which proved a good move. Take care

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com
Thanks for the 411 mate. I think you paid a bit too much for reproduction costs and I think ordering 1000 was a bit optimistic, but I don't understand why you're still holding on to probably 500 or so Vol. I DVDs and all 1000 of Vol II...Why not give them away to Getbig members or just charge a nominal fee to cover shipping and handling? Why not sell them through a distributor? Otherwise, those are some expensive drink coasters!
BigNationRadio.com

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 05:08:31 PM »

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

GG---quick word of advice. Never produce Number 2 and not release it. Bad for your bowels.
Enjoy your dish...

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 07:34:08 PM »
Hey Guy,

great column in musclemag just read it in borders in aus the other day.

it was about time someone wrote about that experience of meeting a pro bb or famous person and then feeling let down. best article ever. u should make more articles like that.

also who was bodybuilder x? if not public u gotta tell me on pm....im DIEING TO KNOW! lol

ps- my list of bb'ers who let me down: dexter jackson (gave me a death stare and got angry at aus grand prix because my hand brushed his arm in a photo...how rude...wat a pig), stan mcrary - bought a t-shirt and he didnt even talk to me, smile or anything, asked for it signed, and he got pissed off! wat a loser.

bb'ers who are cool - king kamali, luke wood, markus ruhl, CHRIS CORMIER (wat a legend even gave me a free t-shirt), lee priest, Kevin Levrone, CRAIG TITUS (LEGEND- so nice, too bad that shit happened to him), matt mclean, dave palumbo and of course guy grundy.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 07:53:06 PM »
Hey Mate!

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Check your Email Grundy
A

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 04:40:05 AM »
Thanks for the 411 mate. I think you paid a bit too much for reproduction costs and I think ordering 1000 was a bit optimistic, but I don't understand why you're still holding on to probably 500 or so Vol. I DVDs and all 1000 of Vol II...Why not give them away to Getbig members or just charge a nominal fee to cover shipping and handling? Why not sell them through a distributor? Otherwise, those are some expensive drink coasters!

That's what I'm saying. Why keep them to collect dust when you can sell them maybe through this site. Hell, I'd buy one.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 04:52:02 AM »

Check your Email Grundy
LOL. Is the 'Rumble in the Jungle' on, again!?  :o

/look out, guy  :D

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 07:00:49 AM »
LOL. Is the 'Rumble in the Jungle' on, again!?  :o

/look out, guy  :D

Never received an E-Mail from my Buddy Vince! take care

Guy
www.finetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 07:02:22 AM »

Special Ed, They are selling through a couple of different sites I have. I sell them at $9.95 and we move quite a few each week. They will eventually sell. Thanks for the insight and ideas. I am always open tp ideas such as this. Thanks Buddy

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 07:03:23 AM »
GG---quick word of advice. Never produce Number 2 and not release it. Bad for your bowels.

I learn't this hard the way when I was 11 on the School bus. It was a little messy that day!

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 07:08:56 AM »
That's what I'm saying. Why keep them to collect dust when you can sell them maybe through this site. Hell, I'd buy one.

Hey Mate We sell them for $9.95 at www.grundydvd.com and ww.fitnetusa.com. Take care

Guy
www.fitness-video.net

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 07:11:31 AM »
guy grundy fitness = synthol
L

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 07:25:13 AM »
Hey Mate We sell them for $9.95 at www.grundydvd.com and ww.fitnetusa.com. Take care

Guy
www.fitness-video.net

I have volume I already. I was hoping for volume II, and 'Living the Dream' DVD.  :(

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 12:31:58 PM »
guy grundy fitness = synthol

JAEJONNA=DICKHEAD!

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 12:33:09 PM »
I have volume I already. I was hoping for volume II, and 'Living the Dream' DVD.  :(

Living the dream is still coming. It just needs a few additions and it is ready. take care

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 12:37:19 PM »

Hey Guy,

Respect to you for just admitting this and not coming up with some sort of utter bullshit excuse like some bodybuilders - well most bodybuilders would do!! (Can you imagine the shit somebody like shawn or kamali would come out with as to why it didnt work). Anyway, you know you have made your mistakes with the synthol etc but you have faced that and you seem like a straight up guy.

You got my respect - go smoke a joint and play golf bro  ;)

Hey Mate!

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 02:29:52 PM »
I can attest to the quality of Guy's DVDs.  Here is my review of the first installment of his DVD series:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/guygrundybbdvdv1.html

They are good quality productions and he used to have deals on his website where you could buy one of his DVDs bundled with another DVD for a discount.  I'm not sure if there are any specials on now though so check out www.fitnetusa.com to see what's up.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dodster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »
Living the dream is still coming. It just needs a few additions and it is ready. take care

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Right on!  8)

Post it on Getbig as soon as it is available.

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 08:07:45 AM »
Hey Guy,

Respect to you for just admitting this and not coming up with some sort of utter bullshit excuse like some bodybuilders - well most bodybuilders would do!! (Can you imagine the shit somebody like shawn or kamali would come out with as to why it didnt work). Anyway, you know you have made your mistakes with the synthol etc but you have faced that and you seem like a straight up guy.

You got my respect - go smoke a joint and play golf bro  ;)

Thanks Mate! Your kind words are much appreciated. I will be looking to get on the Golf Course this week. I was in Japan recently and the courses over there are awesome and I was the biggest guy on the course so I liked it LOL. Take care

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com