Author Topic: Why did Ronnie stand PBB Radio up on Monday?  (Read 11580 times)

New York

• Getbig III
  • New York
Re: Bob Just Deleted The Thread Asking Why Ronnie Stood Him Up
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2006, 07:14:37 PM »

OOh whats with all the hating there Bobby?
Seems to me that you like to crap on bodybuilders that have had more success than you ie: Lee Priest and Ronnie Coleman, and you befriend bodybuilders that are not that successful ala King Kamali. You must hate them because you know that you could never beat them on stage.

Do you have a complex there? maybe you should wait to see what Ronnie's explanation is before you accuse him of not honouring commitments, He could have just plain forgot I hear he has this show that he must prepare for unlike you who doesn't have the pressure of competing so you can just sit there and throw out insults.

If you would like to work on you issues and are ever in Canada please call my office. PM me if you want help, I'll even pay for your trip here as long as it makes you into a nicer person.
Exactly.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2006, 07:39:04 PM »
ITS ALL OK I JUST SPOKE TO RONNIE AND HE SAID;

(in a unusaly high pitched voice for such a large man)

THANK YOU GOD , PRAISE GOD , THANK YOU GOD , PRAISE GOD, BABBABABBABABBA, THANK YOU GOD, PRAISE GOD, BABBABABBABABBABABBA, GOD GOD GOD !!

So all is fine , PHEW !! ::)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 08:40:30 PM »
Your tone implies that he purposefully did not honour his commitment hence the sarcastic "on his planet,," I have a guy with no college education or a real job telling me I'm not too bright that's a laugh and a half, also your use of the slang "aint" shows that you probably barely passed high school, although why am I not surprised since 240 had to teach you about sampling and statistics.  Seriously man come to beautiful Canada and work on these issues you have, I promise that you will have a whole new outlook on life, remember the trip is free and we all know how much "pro BB" love free stuff.

I have to agree here. Although sarcasm is lost online sometimes, it did seem as though you (Chick) were taking a stab at Ronnie.

On another note, last night I took some members at their word that you (Chick) made some off-colour remarks about Ronnie. Ron informed me via email that you did not, so I want to apoligize (to you Chick) for this at this moment and assure you I will not make such accusations without knowing first hand what happened. Also sorry about the format of this post. It is kind of strange.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2006, 08:45:23 PM »
Of course Chick was taking a stab.  I don't know why he has to try to deny it.  More than likely the guy forgot.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2006, 08:50:02 PM »
I did my usual tounge-in-cheek style joking...nothing more, nothing less.

Ronnie is a friend of mine, has been for many years. While I am disapointed in his lack of courtesy...I hold nothing personal against him. I think we handled it quite well, given the circumstances...

Taking a few light-hearted jabs is all in good sportmanship...nothing different than Ronnie taking a few shots at Gustavo, or Jay at last years press conference.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2006, 08:53:28 PM »
I did my usual tounge-in-cheek style joking...nothing more, nothing less.

Ronnie is a friend of mine, has been for many years. While I am disapointed in his lack of courtesy...I hold nothing personal against him. I think we handled it quite well, given the circumstances...

Taking a few light-hearted jabs is all in good sportmanship...nothing different than Ronnie taking a few shots at Gustavo, or Jay at last years press conference.

When you do get him on the radio, try to get him to refute the suggestions that he's unintelligent.  I think thats a load of shit and predicated on purely his ability for public speaking.  I couldn't think of a (polite) question that really typified that but that was the thing I was thinking about for the "getbig question of the week".

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2006, 08:59:11 PM »
When you do get him on the radio, try to get him to refute the suggestions that he's unintelligent.  I think thats a load of shit and predicated on purely his ability for public speaking.  I couldn't think of a (polite) question that really typified that but that was the thing I was thinking about for the "getbig question of the week".

I have a hard time anyone that is the best in the world at anything like this is stupid. The man knows how to train, how to eat, who to hire, and will be remembered as one of the greatest bodybuilders in history. Regardless of how many of his wins were earned, nobody gets to the top of an organization like this by being stupid. However, he (like everyone else) sure can appear that way sometimes and his moments are on camera which makes it easier to see I think.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2006, 09:00:46 PM »

Only people that don't know Ronnie, think he's not intelligent....He is a college grad with a degree in accounting, a former police officer in Tevas,and has done quite well with his earnings from his BB career.

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2006, 09:05:06 PM »
Hey,

Sometimes you get the shaft.

Special "Otis" Ed

Hopefully not in the rear.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2006, 09:24:01 PM »
ITS ALL OK I JUST SPOKE TO RONNIE AND HE SAID;

(in a unusaly high pitched voice for such a large man)

THANK YOU GOD , PRAISE GOD , THANK YOU GOD , PRAISE GOD, BABBABABBABABBA, THANK YOU GOD, PRAISE GOD, BABBABABBABABBABABBA, GOD GOD GOD !!

So all is fine , PHEW !! ::)

Sounds like he's happy to give it a miss on the radio show..
I am a mini beast

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2006, 09:27:02 PM »
Only people that don't know Ronnie, think he's not intelligent....He is a college grad with a degree in accounting, a former police officer in Tevas,and has done quite well with his earnings from his BB career.

Just a quick note.  College grad don't mean you are smart.   And wasn't he a police officer in Texas. 

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2006, 09:28:34 PM »
Just a quick note.  College grad don't mean you are smart.   And wasn't he a police officer in Texas. 

True! Why he ends up with the police force with an accounting degree? Hoping to land into the Finance Department?
I am a mini beast

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2006, 09:51:51 PM »
You mean like your sentence above don't make no sense?  ??? ::)

Ronnie was born Ronald Dean Coleman on May 13, 1964 in Monroe, Louisiana. His height is 5 feet 11 inches, and he currently lives in Arlington, Texas. He graduated from Grambling State College in Louisiana, with a degree in accounting. He lives in Arlington, Texas and works as a police officer. He has been a police officer since 1989.

He was introduced into competition bodybuilding by Brian Dobson, the owner of Arlington's Metro Flex Gym. His first bodybuilding contest was in April 1990, at the Mr. Texas. He won first heavyweight and overall. His contest weight is around 229 pounds, while his offseason weight hovers around 250. He met his girlfriend Vickie Gates, an IFBB pro bodybuilder, in 1992 at a GNC store.

http://www.bodybuilders.com/ronnie.htm

Hope this helps ya out Keith. Any luck on those t-shirts?  ;)
Elevate Your Image.™

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2006, 08:04:21 AM »
Nothing is wrong with Ronnie. I just heard from Alti and she told me he is alive and well. He is training like crazy and is looking insane. She didn't know anything about the radio interview so couldn't speak on it but assured me Ronnie will show up next week looking like he is from another planet.

LIFT

Typical response trying to cover something up.
Like Kenney Santiago covering for Victor Martinez.
Like Beau Baisdon (or whatever his name was) covering for Chris Cormier.
Like Chick covering for TP about his natural status for the Ironman (still hasn't answered that one even though I posted it THREE TIMES).
Like FLEX magazine covering for Flex Wheeler when he checked into a hospital a week before his announcement of kidney failure/disease.

Something happened to Ronnie, obviously. The "what" we don't know. It's 2 days later, so how come NOBODY has explained this...other than a little blurb from Alti...more hearsay than anything. ::)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2006, 08:09:35 AM »
Maybe on his planet, they don't honor commitments....

NICE

I like that Bob

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2006, 08:11:07 AM »
that seems off that he would skip and not even mention it to anyone...I have met Ronnie several times through Gus "the Bus" Carter and he is extremely curdious.  He even gave me my first pair of workout gloves...  and he most defintely is not dumb.  he is just really reserved.

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2006, 08:21:25 AM »
Bob tells everyone that if you know ronnie, then you know he is an intelligent person.
But then goes on about missing the show... "Maybe he couldye forgot"
Which makes me wonder, if he was in FLEXheadquarters (according to Bob,Dan , and pencil neck Perrrine), how could he have forgotten ? Isnt he so intelligent to remember?
So he either is intelligent and had a reason for not going on the show
Or he is dumb and forgot and found an office with a playstation in it and was playing ir till 9 pm.
 hhhhmmmmmmm

Bob, will you ask him at the press conference why he dissed your ass ?
They call me Jaejonna!!!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2006, 08:49:47 AM »
That's it.  Rule # 468-1150 clearly states that if an IFBB pro doesn't show up for a radio show said pro will be suspended from all IFBB related activities for life.  Well Bob?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2006, 09:05:38 AM »
He is a former police officer in Tevas.

Bob, where is Tevas?  Is that some town on Ronnie's planet?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2006, 09:18:23 AM »
Do you think that after this incident you could actually be objective about him during your Olympia commentary?  He clearly was sending you and or Dan a message.

What message is that?

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2006, 09:21:34 AM »
They deleted the whole "what would you ask Ronnie" thread!?!? I wanted my two questions answered:

1. What kind of competitive advantage did you get while having access to free drugs (roids/gh/slin/etc) from drug busts - while you were a police officer?

2. Did you think it ironic busting your source, being the biggest muscle-bound monster in the room, and denying that you know anything about that sort of thing?

Dude Ronnie not on drugs.  Innocent until proven guilty.  He is just a genetic PHREAK.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2006, 09:24:03 AM »
I don't think its Bob or Dans fault. Thats kinda low on Ronnie's behalf to suddenly flake at the last minute.He is Mr Olympia and has a reputation to keep up with. Kind of a Terrell Ownens style move for Ronnie..... Maybe not the brightest.
-

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2006, 09:24:49 AM »
I feel it was a low class move for Coleman to not at least explain or call.  After all that radio show is trying to drum up intrest in BB, it was to also promote Coleman.  What he did stinks if you ask me, if you say you are gonna be somewhere you keep to your word.  Unless of course there was some real major emergancy in Ron's life.

I wonder if Ron's association with Chad N. had anything to do with it?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2006, 09:32:23 AM »
Dude Ronnie not on drugs.  Innocent until proven guilty.  He is just a genetic PHREAK.

word

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2006, 11:22:02 AM »

It's one thing to have a college degree, it's another to remain educated through life.  I doubt police work/bodybuilding is helping his mental sharpness.  We all have seen his days on his videos - like groundhogs day - no changes or mind stimulation.

My guess is that he didn't call in because he couldn't figure out how time zones work  ;D
Motherboy (the band).