Author Topic: A BRUCE Weblog - Any Interest??  (Read 7343 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: A BRUCE Weblog - Any Interest??
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »
bruce, what a is a weblog?

Im for it, but what exactly is that?

My weblog will simply be a web page with headlines and articles (written by yours truly) citing relevant links and other stories that you can all follow and research.  I'll develop a series of opinions on a list of different political issues, much like what you see here, present my view - and then step back and let my readers throw in their own 2 cents.  A weblog also incorporates many features unavailable on message boards.

The advantage to this (opposed to posting it here), is that I can post at length in my weblog, and as often as I want, without flooding this board with too much BRUCE.  Also, it will be more personal, so you can send me emails and find out more information about me, the conservative minds I tend to agree with, and even some that I don't.

Basically, I have a fascination for sharing and reading political opinions, and this is my opportunity to house some of those debates under my own roof.  I'll still be posting here regularly, but probably more briefly, so as to not weigh you all down with my arguments.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 06:23:19 PM »
Here's one for you lads, and I'm running it by our illustrious leader (Ron, for those of us that live in caves) at this very moment - would you read and participate in a BRUCE weblog?  Obviously, I'll still be posting things here, but with Ron's permission, I'll be linking to my own weblog from time to time.  In return, I'll send my traffic (if any) back to this board, thus increasing the debate here.  The other advantages will be:

- Even more BRUCE for your buck
- Links to other websites deemed appropriate
- Your opportunity to give me hell on my own website by picking through every word I say
- Posts made here that are hotly contested will be dragged over and vice versa

So what do we think? Good idea?  Does anyone care?
what the hell do you need ron's permission for?  Anybody can link to their webpages from getbig...  ::)  More Bruce for my buck... Oh brother ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »
What?  I think conservatives are distinct minority around here.  Every day is like liberal love fest.  There is probably at least one anti-American/anti-military post every day. 
This is such complete bullshit... sorry Beach, I actually started posting in political threads and posting my own political threads because I was sick of seeing guys like Intenseone with his daily lib rant with very little opposition.  "Liberal love fest" is way off base... Obviously as we've gone along it looks like some of the stronger Bush supporters who use to chime in back in General have disapaited over the last year+  Gee, I wonder why, but I've been around bodybuilding boards long enough to know that the boards in general definitly lean to the right.  It is also worth noting that the righty who pushed so hard to become mod of political, has pretty much bailed on the forum.  I think he wanted the mod badge but not much else.  Delusional use to post all the time in general, then when we got the forum, gone... :-\

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 07:07:16 PM »
what the hell do you need ron's permission for?  Anybody can link to their webpages from getbig...  ::)  More Bruce for my buck... Oh brother ::)

Because, unlike you, I actually respect the other members on this site, and trust Ron has their best interests in heart when making a decision such as this.  I appreciate that I'm not actually asking all that much, but would still like his input, as a mark of my respect for his moderation of this website.

This is such complete bullshit... sorry Beach, I actually started posting in political threads and posting my own political threads because I was sick of seeing guys like Intenseone with his daily lib rant with very little opposition.  "Liberal love fest" is way off base... Obviously as we've gone along it looks like some of the stronger Bush supporters who use to chime in back in General have disapaited over the last year+  Gee, I wonder why, but I've been around bodybuilding boards long enough to know that the boards in general definitly lean to the right.  It is also worth noting that the righty who pushed so hard to become mod of political, has pretty much bailed on the forum.

I had to laugh at this post, in one breath you denounce BB for saying this, and then allude to what he said anyway - that there is no balance in moderation here, and conservative posters are far outnumbered by Leftists.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 07:25:15 PM »
Because, unlike you, I actually respect the other members on this site, and trust Ron has their best interests in heart when making a decision such as this.  I appreciate that I'm not actually asking all that much, but would still like his input, as a mark of my respect for his moderation of this website.

I had to laugh at this post, in one breath you denounce BB for saying this, and then allude to what he said anyway - that there is no balance in moderation here, and conservative posters are far outnumbered by Leftists.
Oh brother, unlike me? Is that right, I don't respect ron now ::)  How so ::) If ron didn't want links to other sites posted, he wouldn't have an option available for people to link to outsite websources like many many many many people have done on getbig for a long long time...  Are guys like Garaeth and 240 disrespecting ron because they link to their websites?  Don't be dumb ::)  Or are you after something bigger, because if you're looking for some featured link like a sticky in political to your web blog, that's not cool, I wouldn't be for that...  Just do like everyone else does and link to your blog so we can have more Bruce for our buck ::) Oh brother....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 07:31:16 PM »
No worries, you gotta count for about 15 conservatives... This forum has been completely brucified bigtime... Now we can look forward to a bruce blog attempting to snag discussions from here... dandy...  have at it ::)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 07:32:08 PM »
Oh brother, unlike me? Is that right, I don't respect ron now ::)  How so ::) If ron didn't want links to other sites posted, he wouldn't have an option available for people to link to outsite websources like many many many many people have done on getbig for a long long time...  Are guys like Garaeth and 240 disrespecting ron because they link to their websites?  Don't be dumb ::)  Or are you after something bigger, because if you're looking for some featured link like a sticky in political to your web blog, that's not cool, I wouldn't be for that...  Just do like everyone else does and link to your blog so we can have more Bruce for our buck ::) Oh brother....

Sorry, did I say 'Ron' or 'other members'?  You disrespected BB by labelling his post as 'complete bullshit', learn to be a little more eloquent, or deal with my posts.

And I didn't say others were being disrespectful for doing so, just pointing out that I was being proactive by requesting this of him - yet again you hurl insults rather than facts.

Which I guess explains why you didn't challenge my conservative/Leftists ratio on this board.  Take a deep breath now; I won't be forcing you to join me in the blogosphere.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 07:34:24 PM »
No worries, you gotta count for about 15 conservatives... This forum has been completely brucified bigtime... Now we can look forward to a bruce blog attempting to snag discussions from here... dandy...  have at it ::)

Do you realise your brilliantly wit-lacking, sarcasm-riddled posts actually make you come across as someone that probably doesn't get taken seriously here?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 07:37:39 PM »
Do you realise your brilliantly wit-lacking, sarcasm-riddled posts actually make you come across as someone that probably doesn't get taken seriously here?
Do you think I have some longing desire to be taken seriously by you or anyone else ::)  Oh brother, new flash noobie, I do not give a rats butt what you or anyone here thinks,

Hope that helps ;)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 07:42:09 PM »
Do you think I have some longing desire to be taken seriously by you or anyone else ::)  Oh brother, new flash noobie, I do not give a rats butt what you or anyone here thinks,

Hope that helps ;)

And yet you hurl attempted insults like the deeply mature 'noobie' remark, which entirely ignores the fact that you've been registered to this website less than a month more than me.

Oh, and thanks for clarifying you don't care what people think of you here, even though you happily took mod status, which I assume was some ironic way of showing you 'do not give a rats butt'.  I'll know to not take anything you say here seriously anymore.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 07:52:18 PM »
And yet you hurl attempted insults like the deeply mature 'noobie' remark, which entirely ignores the fact that you've been registered to this website less than a month more than me.

Oh, and thanks for clarifying you don't care what people think of you here, even though you happily took mod status, which I assume was some ironic way of showing you 'do not give a rats butt'.  I'll know to not take anything you say here seriously anymore.
Oh my god you're worse than Beach.  You're offended by being called a noob so much so that you want me to not abuse you in this manner too?  Can you notch down the cry baby act a little... I have to just talk all nice and sweet to you or nothing? Are you serious with yourself?  Just because I care about moding and care about this forum does not mean I give a rats butt what anyone here thinks of me... I do not...  I'm not in this to be popular, if that's your goal here, I gotta call pathetic on that ;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 08:43:28 PM »
Oh my god you're worse than Beach.  You're offended by being called a noob so much so that you want me to not abuse you in this manner too?  Can you notch down the cry baby act a little... I have to just talk all nice and sweet to you or nothing? Are you serious with yourself?  Just because I care about moding and care about this forum does not mean I give a rats butt what anyone here thinks of me... I do not...  I'm not in this to be popular, if that's your goal here, I gotta call pathetic on that ;D

Actually, I have no problem with your labels - they make you look far worse than me, so keep them coming.  If you cared so little about what others think of you, you would have given up arguing this with me, and probably wouldn't have then started a thread about yours truly.  And I have the identity crisis?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »
Bruce, lets cut to the chase here... I wondering exactly what your motive is... I find it hard to believe you're just asking for permission to post a link in your sig to a blog.  Links to outside sources are common on getbig...  You're going to come here and ask people what they think and if they'll support it?  It would be dishonest to not be clear on exactly what you're wanting to do...  Exactly... What is IT you're wanting to do?  A dedicated stikey to your blog? What?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2007, 08:54:16 PM »
Bruce, lets cut to the chase here... I wondering exactly what your motive is... I find it hard to believe you're just asking for permission to post a link in your sig to a blog.  Links to outside sources are common on getbig...  You're going to come here and ask people what they think and if they'll support it?  It would be dishonest to not be clear on exactly what you're wanting to do...  Exactly... What is IT you're wanting to do?  A dedicated stikey to your blog? What?

Um, how's your reading and comprehension?  I've outlined in this thread what I'd like to do, you might want to peruse it once again to pick up on my intentions.

To clarify, for the benefit of everyone else, I'd simply like to actively promote my weblog right here on this board.  This means suggesting it in threads, posting links to it and perhaps having the address in my signature.  I haven't asked Ron for any input from him in achieving this, and would under no circumstances expect it.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 08:55:18 PM »
Actually, I have no problem with your labels - they make you look far worse than me, so keep them coming.  If you cared so little about what others think of you, you would have given up arguing this with me, and probably wouldn't have then started a thread about yours truly.  And I have the identity crisis?
I care about the forum, I care about getbig, I love this place, I don't care what you think, nor do I care if I am popular here or not... How is it you're having problems absorbing this??? Hello?!?!?!  ::)  I honestly don't care, you're actually wrong, there are people here who trust me and I trust them so you're dead wrong there, but if they didn't have any faith in me, I wouldn't be all worked up over it. I did not accept mod to be popular, that much is absolute fact ::)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »
I care about the forum, I care about getbig, I love this place, I don't care what you think, nor do I care if I am popular here or not... How is it you're having problems absorbing this??? Hello?!?!?!  ::)  I honestly don't care, you're actually wrong, there are people here who trust me and I trust them so you're dead wrong there, but if they didn't have any faith in me, I wouldn't be all worked up over it. I did not accept mod to be popular, that much is absolute fact ::)

Please explain to me why you're getting so worked up over me (enough to even start a thread about me) if you don't care what I think.  Easy there tiger, you're going to wear out the  ::) emoticon.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
Um, how's your reading and comprehension?  I've outlined in this thread what I'd like to do, you might want to peruse it once again to pick up on my intentions.

To clarify, for the benefit of everyone else, I'd simply like to actively promote my weblog right here on this board.  This means suggesting it in threads, posting links to it and perhaps having the address in my signature.  I haven't asked Ron for any input from him in achieving this, and would under no circumstances expect it.
yea I got that, I was calling you out suspicious you had other intentions such as a dedicated sticky because I find it hard to believe all you're asking for is permission to do what everyone already does without issue... just like I said in my post... Ooops, who has a reading comprehension problem ;)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007, 09:12:43 PM »
yea I got that, I was calling you out suspicious you had other intentions such as a dedicated sticky because I find it hard to believe all you're asking for is permission to do what everyone already does without issue... just like I said in my post... Ooops, who has a reading comprehension problem ;)

Perhaps if that was what I wanted, I would have mentioned it, do try and keep up.  Instead of using your time here to point an accusatorial finger at me at the slightest whim, how about you post something constructive?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2007, 09:19:05 PM »
My weblog will simply be a web page with headlines and articles (written by yours truly) citing relevant links and other stories that you can all follow and research.  I'll develop a series of opinions on a list of different political issues, much like what you see here, present my view - and then step back and let my readers throw in their own 2 cents.  A weblog also incorporates many features unavailable on message boards.

The advantage to this (opposed to posting it here), is that I can post at length in my weblog, and as often as I want, without flooding this board with too much BRUCE.  Also, it will be more personal, so you can send me emails and find out more information about me, the conservative minds I tend to agree with, and even some that I don't.

Basically, I have a fascination for sharing and reading political opinions, and this is my opportunity to house some of those debates under my own roof.  I'll still be posting here regularly, but probably more briefly, so as to not weigh you all down with my arguments.
This is really ironic... Ironic because one of the reason this board was created in the first place is so that people who had something to say could post their sweet little hearts out.  Of course Bruce may do what he wishes.  I think it's silly that he wants permission to post a link to an outside blog... The very setup of getbig allows this.   I do not want other users of this forum to think that they can't post their butts off in this forum.  They can.  If you have a lot to say in any given day, go for it!!!  The whole reason we adobed LIBERAL rules for this forum was to allow for this... So far it's worked out perfectly.  I love this forum and everyone has done an outstanding job here... Bruce you are welcome to post your ass off in this forum, if you got the impression that you're unwelcome, don't.  That goes for everyone with something political to say, even if it's a lot of say ;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »
This is really ironic... Ironic because one of the reason this board was created in the first place is so that people who had something to say could post their sweet little hearts out.  Of course Bruce may do what he wishes.  I think it's silly that he wants permission to post a link to an outside blog... The very setup of getbig allows this.   I do not want other users of this forum to think that they can't post their butts off in this forum.  They can.  If you have a lot to say in any given day, go for it!!!  The whole reason we adobed LIBERAL rules for this forum was to allow for this... So far it's worked out perfectly.  I love this forum and everyone has done an outstanding job here... Bruce you are welcome to post your ass off in this forum, if you got the impression that you're unwelcome, don't.  That goes for everyone with something political to say, even if it's a lot of say ;D

Ahem, you say this, yet post this?:

'Bruce has an identity crisis'

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=125458.0

You're really starting to look foolish.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
Ahem, you say this, yet post this?:

'Bruce has an identity crisis'

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=125458.0

You're really starting to look foolish.
Oh brother,... I can call you out all day long... so what?... I can post here you know.  If being mod requires me to not be a participant, I'm out of the modding biz tommorrow... You can stop trying to intimidate me with this garbage right now.  You're holding my mod status against me with everything I post which is just low... You need to end that...  I called you out for a contradiction you made over your stated political positions... you claimed no bias, I think you're plenty bias from the right... That does not mean you're unwelcome...  ::) don't be stupid... Of course you are... I always disagree with Intenseone and never once has that meant he's not welcome, I wish he would post more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you can too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  all you want!!!!!!!!!!!  all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Post links to your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why ask Ron, I'm mod and I say you can post all you want in political... Unless the other mods have issue, what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ask Ozmo...  actually come to think of it, the more respectfull thing to do would have been to ask the mods, just like they do in other forums... but I forgive you ;)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »
Oh brother,... I can call you out all day long... so what?... I can post here you know.  If being mod requires me to not be a participant, I'm out of the modding biz tommorrow... You can stop trying to intimidate me with this garbage right now.  You're holding my mod status against me with everything I post which is just low... You need to end that...  I called you out for a contradiction you made over your stated political positions... you claimed no bias, I think you're plenty bias from the right... That does not mean you're unwelcome...  ::) don't be stupid... Of course you are... I always disagree with Intenseone and never once has that meant he's not welcome, I wish he would post more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you can too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  all you want!!!!!!!!!!!  all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Post links to your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why ask Ron, I'm mod and I say you can post all you want in political... Unless the other mods have issue, what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ask Ozmo...  actually come to think of it, the more respectfull thing to do would have been to ask the mods, just like they do in other forums... but I forgive you ;)

Lay off the ephedra, okay?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 09:36:24 PM »
Lay off the ephedra, okay?
You want me to stop being "Berserker"  Oh brother,.... not... ain't happening... I am what I am ;)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2007, 09:46:03 PM »
You want me to stop being "Berserker"  Oh brother,.... not... ain't happening... I am what I am ;)

An inaccurate Sociatlist and Leftist (one and the same?), I'll assume is what you meant here.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 09:50:22 PM »
This is such complete bullshit... sorry Beach, I actually started posting in political threads and posting my own political threads because I was sick of seeing guys like Intenseone with his daily lib rant with very little opposition.  "Liberal love fest" is way off base... Obviously as we've gone along it looks like some of the stronger Bush supporters who use to chime in back in General have disapaited over the last year+  Gee, I wonder why, but I've been around bodybuilding boards long enough to know that the boards in general definitly lean to the right.  It is also worth noting that the righty who pushed so hard to become mod of political, has pretty much bailed on the forum.  I think he wanted the mod badge but not much else.  Delusional use to post all the time in general, then when we got the forum, gone... :-\

We have different opinions.  I stand by what I said.  If I had the time or the desire, I would point out the multitude of Bush-bashing, conservative bashing, anti-military, anti-United States posts and threads in this forum.  But it's not something I'm losing any sleep over.