Author Topic: SUPERMAN RETURNS  (Read 10067 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
SUPERMAN RETURNS
« on: June 27, 2006, 01:22:45 PM »
Off to see the movie tongiht at 10pm.I will let you know how it is if i don't fall asleep.I don't like late nights.
Lee

Freakzilla_2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: SUPERMAN RETURNS
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:27:03 PM »
I've heard pretty good reviews so far.

I'm gonna try to go see it before the weekend rush.

Let us know how you liked it, Lee.....if you don't fall asleep.

Freak :)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »
I've heard it's as much of a love story as an action-flick.  That's fine by me as long as this kid can hold Christoper Reeve's jock.  Hugh Jackman as Wolverine....now that was inspired casting.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 02:15:59 PM »
What a coincidence!  My ticket here in TN is for a 10pm showing of Superman Returns.  I just got it a couple of hours a go.  I just have to rub this in all my friend's faces that I saw Superman Returns first.  (insert evil laugh)  ;D

They say it is 2hrs 45min but I don't care.  I'd go see it 2am if I had too! Sleep is for suckers!

Ryu717

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 03:14:34 PM »
Off to see the movie tongiht at 10pm.I will let you know how it is if i don't fall asleep.I don't like late nights.
Lee

Yeah I can't wait it is going to be on an IMAX 3D here... cheat night Tub of Popcorn and a Coke BTW DVD 6 was great. Maybe you can sign an empty tub of popcorn you ate and sell it at City Blends.

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 04:45:18 PM »
Tell us how it is Lee  ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 10:20:49 PM »
 I just got back and it was fukin awesome. A few shocks and the first scene where he "saves the day" is legendary. If you even remotely like SM go see it.
E

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 08:05:09 AM »
Yes GREAT movie.It is right up there with the first one.Going to see it again today it was very well done.

Lee

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 09:32:17 AM »
Lee, do you have the IMAX 3D version in your area?

I understand that only the flying sequences were filmed in 3D so you have to put on and take off your 3D glasses during the IMAX presentation.

Entry fee to the IMAX showing is $15 here in San Francisco.

Two members of my family worked on that movie the entire time it was filmed in Australia and lived in one of those fancy waterfront condo hotels across from the "Sydney Opera House". They sure loved it there.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 12:18:32 PM »
Worst movie - I have seen this year .... Casting was poor !

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 01:37:35 PM »
Lee, do you have the IMAX 3D version in your area?

I understand that only the flying sequences were filmed in 3D so you have to put on and take off your 3D glasses during the IMAX presentation.

Entry fee to the IMAX showing is $15 here in San Francisco.

Two members of my family worked on that movie the entire time it was filmed in Australia and lived in one of those fancy waterfront condo hotels across from the "Sydney Opera House". They sure loved it there.

When Clark takes off his glasses you put yours on, four times, 20 minutes total. I saw the regular one, but can only imagine how cool the imax would be. They sold out the Imax theater for three days of showings ahead of time in Detroit.
E

Stavios

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 03:59:44 PM »
Yes GREAT movie.It is right up there with the first one.Going to see it again today it was very well done.

Lee

Too much love scene IMO

they could erase 45 minutes of the movie

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »
Lee

Lee, you should show up in your SUperman posing trunks and cape..haha..."This is Superman, Biatches!"

I hear its was really awesome! Some comic book nerds say it was a 7/10..for peeps like me, they say 10/10,,, I cant wait to hear how you liked it..

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »
saw it again tonight.Yep it is good.I like near the end when superman comes in the boys room while he is sleeping and he is wearing Aquaman pajamas

Freakzilla_2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 09:41:19 PM »
Very good movie!

Some parts were slow, but what movie doesn't have slow parts.

Could have used more action scene's with Superman.  The plane scene in the beginning was cool as hell though!!!

I dunno why I liked this but.....I really enjoyed all the sound effects.  Superman flying...the sonic booms...etc;

I may go see this one again.  This time I'm gonna try and find an IMAX theater.  Would be worth it to see it that way.

Can't wait for the next Superman.

9/10 rating.

Freak :)

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 12:32:07 PM »
I totally agree with the Freak...the graffix and sound effects were worth watching alone, and the kid did a great job playing the superman man part...he even had some of Christopher Reeves mannerisms!! Im definitely going watch it again...to bad the nearest IMAX is about 4hrs away :-\

Also saw the trailer for Spiderman 3 and looks like its going to be blockbuster next summer...anyone else have it played before their superman flick..??

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »
I can't wait to see it sounds good

TN

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 04:42:50 PM »
This movie was awesome...I took my 13 year old brother to see it (I am 29) he has never gotten to see Superman on the Big screen...he loved it

Made me feel like a kid again

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 04:57:13 PM »
This movie was awesome...I took my 13 year old brother to see it (I am 29) he has never gotten to see Superman on the Big screen...he loved it

Made me feel like a kid again

I am 32, felt like I was young again as well. Everything was ok in life for 3 hours. ;D  The world DOES need Superman.
E

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 06:01:31 PM »
Ok just got back again it was good the 3rd time as well.But fuck i am sick of popcorn and peanut m&ms

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 06:06:53 PM »
Ok just got back again it was good the 3rd time as well.But f**k i am sick of popcorn and peanut m&ms
enjoy it while you can that great diet of chicken and rice will be here before you know it :'(

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 07:17:08 PM »
Ok just got back again it was good the 3rd time as well.But f**k i am sick of popcorn and peanut m&ms

hahaha..I LOVE PEANUT M&Ms @ the movies!

3 times eh?

I saw Lord of the rings, Two towers with my girl 5 TIMES at the movies..omg..i cant believe it!  :-\

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 08:14:14 PM »

Popcorn AND M&Ms....Lee, I thought this was precontest diet time!  Chicken breasts and rice should be your two best friends now! BTW, the movie was great for me too even the second time. ;D

Bigpump9

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 09:25:59 PM »
Saw the movie tonite with my fiance, I think it was good, but too long, great special effects though, The new actor was perfect for the role

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 07:26:51 AM »
Popcorn AND M&Ms....Lee, I thought this was precontest diet time!  Chicken breasts and rice should be your two best friends now! BTW, the movie was great for me too even the second time. ;D

Monday that starts yipppeeeee  :(