Author Topic: Vic richard  (Read 25588 times)

kaylos

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Vic richard
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2006, 04:45:51 AM »
All those pics but no back shots.......
And poor quality pics posted 255 times.
I have scanned back shots, but useless.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2006, 05:11:08 AM »
All those pics but no back shots.......

His only " flaw " was highish lats

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2006, 05:12:58 AM »
Agian

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2006, 05:16:52 AM »
I prefer my meat from bulls from heaven!

"heaven" is not in my name, idiot

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2006, 05:19:40 AM »
Relaxed

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2006, 05:44:03 AM »
did somebody say forearms? lol....

its incredible what some posters say here without considering the angle of the shot.

oh well  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2006, 07:15:24 AM »
Iv'e seen alott of pros in person and at my gym. ( incuding Vic richards ) and he had most of them beat.
Not better than Flex W., Vic was huge but he had that "thick skin" like John Sherman, which made it had to get peeled. I give credit whereits due, but I don't thick he would had beating Ronnie say in in 1998, or would he have beaten Flex at the 1993 Arnold. He reminds me of Paul Dillett, it would have been off the hook to see Vic versus Dillett

I do agree with vic on speading more money than you earn, but it would have been nice to see him in contest shape, and not throw a hissy fit, like he did "Jungle" Jim Beasley beat him.

Stavios

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2006, 10:11:22 AM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2006, 09:57:18 AM »
ive heard seeing him in person back then was insane,they said he was huge beyon belief
R

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2006, 10:15:20 AM »
I think he was last spotted mopping the floor at Gold's in Venice.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2006, 10:16:31 AM »
I think he was last spotted mopping the floor at Gold's in Venice.

hahahahhaha ok there 'stoppa we all know you'd like him to clean your mop..
just push some weight!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2006, 01:15:14 AM »
I agree. you hear all the time, even from other pro's that he was never in shape or that no one will ever know how well he could have done in the pro ranks. " Bullshit " I think most pros are lucky he never competed. I mean you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see that he would have done some serious damage. The pictures I have seen at his leanest are not too far out of contest shape and you could clearly see that if he had dieted down to contest shape what in fact he would have looked like. ( INCREDIBLE )
I think It was bob chic who tore him apart once in regards to how well Vic would have done. He would have done alott better than most of the pros we see today. Would have made Chic look like an ameture. Even In those pics, far out from contest shape he destroys bob chic. Hell, I even think hes better than Victor Martinez, and look at where he places today. Iv'e seen alott of pros in person and at my gym. ( incuding Vic richards ) and he had most of them beat.

Many bodybuilders look great......all by themselves. It's going toe-to-toe with other bodybuilders that separates the proverbial wheat from the chaff.

The simple fact is we have NEVER seen Victor Richards in top shape at a major show. I remember reading an article in either IronMan or MuscleMag International about Rich Gaspari. He stated that when he was coming up in the amateur ranks, he defeated Richards at a state-level show and Richards was none-too-pleased about it.

Cicherillo did lash out against Richards, but some would say that he makes a good point. Chic plowed away for years competing at the national-level, before finally hitting paydirt at the 2000 USA Championships. He's faced the best of the best in the USA. Richards, however, took the "back door", using his dual-citizenship status to achieve pro status by winning the Nigerian National Championships in 1992.

The speculation continues that Richards' ego could not bear him losing to someone much smaller than him (i.e. Labrada, Ray, Gaspari, etc.), which is why he, to this day, has never stepped foot on an IFBB pro stage. Richards' career has been sustained, because he's a enigma. People think he could have dominated the pro stage like no other before him. Were that image to be smashed, with Richards actually competing (and being defeated soundly), the mystique of Victor Richards goes away, reducing him to what some call a "gym bodybuilder".

albertabeef

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2006, 01:37:43 AM »
you guys don't know what your talking about.  Jeff Everson said vic had to be seen in person to appreciate his size. He was a tank.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2006, 01:55:29 AM »
you guys don't know what your talking about.  Jeff Everson said vic had to be seen in person to appreciate his size. He was a tank.

Greg Kovacs was/is a tank, too.

The issue isn't Richards' size. It's how he compares against other professional/top-amateur bodybuilders in ACTUAL COMPETITION!!!

And, the simple fact is that Richards has NEVER gone toe-to-toe with the cream of the crop of the NPC or the IFBB.

How would Richards have fared against Lee Labrada, who made a living defeating IFBB pros much larger than himself (excluding Haney and Yates)? What about Shawn Ray?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2006, 05:51:58 AM »
check this out

Check what out?

The pics displayed on this thread about Victor Richards have one thing in common: They are all of Richards standing BY HIMSELF!!

I've yet to see any pics of him, in actual competition, against top-notched competitors. Heck, I've never seen any pics of him from the 1992 Nigerian Championships, the show he won in order to turn pro.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2006, 07:02:48 AM »

Well hell, if "Jeff Everson" said it, it must be absolutely 100% true.  He is by far the most knowledgeable person in the history of BBing.  Thanks for clearing that up.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2006, 07:33:18 AM »
Did you guys ever hear him talk... he is a mental midget with the brain capacity of a Sony Walkman...
L

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2006, 10:20:11 AM »
Did you guys ever hear him talk... he is a mental midget with the brain capacity of a Sony Walkman...

Well, what did you expect?  Look at the guy.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2006, 10:47:51 AM »
Check what out?

The pics displayed on this thread about Victor Richards have one thing in common: They are all of Richards standing BY HIMSELF!!

I've yet to see any pics of him, in actual competition, against top-notched competitors. Heck, I've never seen any pics of him from the 1992 Nigerian Championships, the show he won in order to turn pro.

I have, it wasn't pretty.  Vic competed against a couple guys built like basketball players.  I think one guy was wearing Spiderman Underoos instead of posing trunks.  Vic has no credibility on the contest stage.   

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »
Check what out?

Well he at a gym in most of those pics.  Could it be any other person or BB didn't want to be in the pics because they would be embarrased to stand next to him and look very small

body88

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2006, 11:10:42 AM »
Greg Kovacs was/is a tank, too.

The issue isn't Richards' size. It's how he compares against other professional/top-amateur bodybuilders in ACTUAL COMPETITION!!!

And, the simple fact is that Richards has NEVER gone toe-to-toe with the cream of the crop of the NPC or the IFBB.

How would Richards have fared against Lee Labrada, who made a living defeating IFBB pros much larger than himself (excluding Haney and Yates)? What about Shawn Ray?

camparing Kovaks to Richards is a horrible analogy.... Kovaks is a blob and always was. Vic looks great.

What is with you guys acting like he would lose 500 lbs of muscle if he dieted down. All those pics show him in better shape than most of the fatass pros are offseason now in days. so if he dropped 30lbs and for some horrible unforseen genetic blunder also 10 lbs of muscle he would only be like 270 lol

Im not saying vic would win the Olympia but not beat guys like Labrada o frekin please..You dont have to be a rocket scientist to see he had top tier genetics and most likley would have looked good.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2006, 06:16:28 AM »

camparing Kovaks to Richards is a horrible analogy.... Kovaks is a blob and always was. Vic looks great.

What is with you guys acting like he would lose 500 lbs of muscle if he dieted down. All those pics show him in better shape than most of the fatass pros are offseason now in days. so if he dropped 30lbs and for some horrible unforseen genetic blunder also 10 lbs of muscle he would only be like 270 lol

Im not saying vic would win the Olympia but not beat guys like Labrada o frekin please..You dont have to be a rocket scientist to see he had top tier genetics and most likley would have looked good.

His bodyweight really isn't an issue. It's how he would fare ONSTAGE, going toe-to-toe with other IFBB pros, not how good he looks all by himself (or in a gym, against a backdrop of average people).

As for your comments about Lee Labrada, let me remind you that Labrada has won multiple IFBB contests and has NEVER placed lower than 5th at the big one, the Mr. Olympia. In fact, he placed 2nd on two different occasions. Those high placing have OFTEN come at the expense of much larger bodybuilders. The only two guys he couldn't beat were the Mr. Os themselves (Lee Haney and Dorian Yates).

So, it's no stretch whatsoever to say that Lee Labrada could handily and consistently defeat Victor Richards on the pro stage.

We don't even have to go as far as the IFBB pro elite.

Here's a list of the overall champions from 1990 to 1993:

NPC National Champion:

1990 - Alq' Gurley
1991 - Kevin Levrone
1992 - John Sherman
1993 - Mike Francois
1994 - Paul "Quadzilla" DeMayo

NPC USA Champion:

1990 - Aaron Baker
1991 - Mike Matarazzo
1992 - Ken "Flex" Wheeler
1993 - Chris Cormier
1994 - Dennis Newman

IFBB North American Champion:

1990 - Jim Quinn
1991 - Ray McNeil
1992 - Paul Dillet
1993 - Dave Fisher
1994 - Jeff Poulin

Name one time where Victor Richards went head-up with any of the aforementioned bodybuilders (to say nothing of the class winners from those shows, some of whom went on to obtain IFBB pro status).