Author Topic: The fedor/UFC contract offer thread. All of them Merged!  (Read 16878 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Have you noticed that the majority of your posts get zero responses and generate little or no discussion?  Just a suggestion.  Instead of posting every article you see on MMA Weekly, Bloody Elbow, MMA junkie, etc., perhaps you should post the article along with an opinion, which may generate more interest.  Again, just a suggestion...not trying to start shiat.
Hater.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Sounds like it's a done deal (fedor to UFC)
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 10:15:32 PM »
either way, I'm gonna seriously start losing interest in the guy if he dos'nt sign with the UFC...

he got a pass trying to make another american org work....

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
You can kind of get that vibe from some of the things vadim has said in interview's, that he wants the UFC to cohost the Fedor fights with M-1 Global (his own company) and that he is trying to negotiate for the other Red Devil fighters through Fedor's fight/contract with the UFC (meaning he's trying to get 10 other guys into the UFC on Fedor's coattails, just because the UFC wants Fedor so they should automatically find homes and fights for 10 other no name fighters... which is total bullshit, Fedor should drop vadim and get a new manager, this guy does business under the guise of friendship but you can see he's in it just for himself and riding Fedor all the way to the bank.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
is there a video of Vadim I'd just like to hear him talk.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Fuck M-1 !!!!
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 03:30:49 PM »
I've had enough of this bullshit, this fucking piece of shit is (vadim finkelstein) is fucking it up for everybody, Fedor needs to dump his ass and get a new manager, this shit is getting ridiculous, Fedor won't fight unless UFC copromotes with M-1 !?!? WTF, is anyone else as tired of this shit. He's manipulating Fedor and screwing Fedor being in the UFC for everybody... Fedor's own brother even said that all these crazy contract demands were made up by finkelstein so he could ride the UFC's coattails and get hiw own promotion (M-1) big in the states... At this point I'm starting not to care anymore, if Fedor is this stupid (to be listening to this bastard) then fuck him too. At this point the only person keeping Fedor out of the UFC is vadim finkelstein, his fucked up manager.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
is there a video of Vadim I'd just like to hear him talk.

the piece of shit doesn't even speak english, he needs a fucking translator for all his interviews, there are plenty on youtube.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: Fuck M-1 !!!!
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2009, 05:14:34 PM »
I agree that it is his manager that is causing the problems, but ultimately Fedor
has the final say so.

M1 is insane to think the UFC would co-promote. Fuck Fedor.
His is making a mockery of himself. Shame really.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »
I agree that it is his manager that is causing the problems, but ultimately Fedor
has the final say so.

It's funny, I used to think Dana and the UFC were the fucked up ones passing up a great opportunity, but now we all see who the real problem was all along - vadim.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009, 11:33:23 PM »
has the final say so.

QFT.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 04:19:45 AM »
has the final say so.

Isn't fedor a partial owned of the m-1 thing? Meaning he would have a direct financial benefit from the possible co-promotion?

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2009, 05:10:03 AM »

Classic!

UFC getting schooled in business 101 by M-1

PWNED

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 05:12:07 AM »
all this drama over a soft flappy guy who is quiet and timid looking  >:( ;D

Pecs

• Getbig IV
UFC offered Fedor $5million a fight before ppv cuts..... but damn M-1...
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 06:14:43 AM »
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/29/968573/report-what-the-ufc-offered-fedor

The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 million a fight

- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.

- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote.

That is mainstream sport salary.... man.......Fedor should have a say, does he really want to fight bums for less money all the way till he retires?? ???

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2009, 06:33:23 AM »
Hate to type this but Fedor is a puppet.
Giving 110%

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
HOLY SHIT!!!!  :o  :o  :o

As I typed in the other thread, Fedor is confirmed to be a warm cash cow orifice to "Finki's" Pinky.

If this is true!!!
Giving 110%

Pecs

• Getbig IV
M-1 wants the easy way out......

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 08:02:52 AM »
Classic!

PWNED

Yea...M1 is really schooling the UFC ::) They are using the UFC to try and get exposure. Who needs who?
The UFC will be fine without Fedor...Can't say the same about M1 WITH Fedor.
Affliction and Bodog had Fedor and look what happened to them?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
What the UFC offered Fedor...
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »
- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's $5 mil a fight

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

FEDOR IS A FUCKING PUSSY!!!!  After reading this, I've lost all respect for him.

**If this was posted already my apologies.
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »
Classic!

PWNED

The only ones getting pwned are the fans and Fedor.  The UFC doesn't need Fedor and M-1 doesn't give a shit about Fedor.  Did you see what Zuffa offered?

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 mil a fight

Fucking unreal.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
M-1 wants the easy way out......

Fedor needs to use his head. Fedor has tried to fight in two other orgs that still could
not survive using his name. Why is M-1 going to be any different?
At least with the UFC he has security.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Fedor Emelianenko rejects statement from brother Aleks
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:30 AM »
By now it’s no secret that former Pride FC Heavyweight Champion and Affliction headliner Fedor Emelianenko is being vigorously pursued by most of the world’s mixed martial arts promotions following the untimely demise of his previous employer, Affliction MMA.

Topping the list of potential suitors is Dana White, president of The Ultimate Fighting Championship, who no doubt sees the biggest pay-per-view (PPV) of all time in his company’s future should he somehow finagle a heavyweight superfight between the Russian Rancor and Zuffa’s pale powerhouse, Brock Lesnar.

Our friends at BloodyElbow posted a report from radio host Carmichael Dave stating that the UFC allegedly offered Emelianenko the most lucrative contract in the history of the sport, practically bending to every demand from his management team — except one:

The UFC offered Fedor a six-fight, 30 million dollar contract (based on Zuffa’s projections of future PPV revenue).
The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot.
The UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the championship PPV on top of Fedor’s purse anticipating Lesnar vs. Fedor as the biggest PPV in MMA history.
Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 sponsored items as he wanted.
The UFC would grant Fedor the ability to compete in combat Sambo tournaments.
So what’s the hold up? Vadim “Co-promotion” Finkelchtein, it seems.

“The Last Emperor” operates under the power of the M-1 Global President and Co-Owner for all his business dealings. It’s co-promote or bust for Vaddy. And despite the bags of money that White and Co. have been leaving at the Russian’s doorstep, Fedor appears unmotivated to secure a deal.

From his July 29 press conference:

“The offer which was made by the UFC is not interesting for us. I completely trust Vadim and I completely trust our team in M-1 Global.”

Most of the mixed martial arts community has been screaming for some sort of forced intervention. What’s ironic is that most negotiations fall through because the star being courted is demanding an obscene amount of money.

In this case the negotiations are falling through because he’s rejecting an obscene amount of money. Welcome to bizarro world, where Finkelchtein is the anti-Boras.

Lest anyone think the MMA fan base has reacted inappropriately by storming the M-1 castle with torches and pitchforks, Fedor’s younger brother Aleksander Emelianenko has also called into question the true motives of Finkelchtein and whether or not he’s serving Fedor or himself.

From his native Sports.ru:

“You can deal with UFC, I know that they have flexible contract system. All these talks about “strict” contract terms with signing with UFC, come ONLY from Vadim Finkelstein, who wants to push his owns business projects through Fedor’s fights.”

Fedor Emelianenko rejects statement from brother Aleks about true motives of Vadim Finkelchtein

The M-1 camp quickly labeled him as a black sheep, lost in his brother’s shadow and unable to focus on his own career. But how much of that is bitter pie and how much of it is actual truth, like most things, doesn’t faze Fedor.

Also from his July 29 presser:

“Well I think that Aleksander unfortunately has no idea about the contracts. He didn’t have a chance to read the contracts and I did. I have a good relationship with Aleksander and not long ago we trained together, but sometimes I cannot understand [his] actions.”

If it’s of any consolation to Aleks, sometimes the mixed martial arts community cannot understand Fedor’s actions either.

Maybe we’ll see him inside the Octagon one day, maybe we won’t. Until then, it’s back to the speculation board as we try and figure out who the best heavyweight fighter in the world might be.

w

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Finklestein has a "choke hold" on Fedor. 

djcuuna

• Getbig II
fedor by now must have made some money.so why not beat the shit out of ufc fighters if loses he gets a shit load
of money can retire if he wins hes number one .fedor being a pussy or m1 have really got him by the balls.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2009, 12:13:19 PM »
The only ones getting pwned are the fans and Fedor.  The UFC doesn't need Fedor and M-1 doesn't give a shit about Fedor.  Did you see what Zuffa offered?

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 mil a fight

Fucking unreal.

That's fucking mental...and vadim has the nerve to say that it was an 'ok' offer ?!!? is he on fucking crack !?!?!?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Fedor Emelianenko Turns Down Three-Fight UFC Contract
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »
http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/30/fedor-emelianenko-turns-down-three-fight-ufc-contract/

Fedor Emelianenko said on Wednesday that he does not intend to sign a contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship unless the UFC agrees to promote fights jointly with Emelianenko's promoter, M-1 Global. Since then, several Web sites have reported that Emelianenko had turned down a six-fight contract with the UFC worth $30 million.

FanHouse has learned from a source close to the negotiations, who wished to remain anonymous, that the UFC offered Emelianenko a three-fight contract with a guarantee of less than $2 million per fight.

The source did confirm that Emelianenko was offered an immediate title shot against current UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

As Jonathan Snowden, the author of 'Total MMA: Inside Ultimate Fighting,' who also spoke to someone with knowledge of the negotiations, pointed out, it is possible that Emelianenko could make up to or even more than $30 million during his UFC run, but that amount wasn't guaranteed up front.

"The number is based on Zuffa's projections of what Fedor's take of the PPV money would be, and the numbers they are projecting are based on selling a ton of PPV's. The actual guarantee for Fedor is much more modest. It's true that if business stays at record levels Fedor could walk away with $30 million. But that is no guarantee."

If the pay-per-views in which Emelianenko main events do as well as, say, UFC 100, which reportedly generated approximately 1.5 million PPV buys, he could conceivably make that much, if not more once the PPV escalators kick in.

Vadim Finkelstein, Emelianenko's manager and M-1 Global's CEO, replied "no" when Sherdog asked if a deal could be struck with the UFC without M-1 co-promoting the event.