Author Topic: Fedor....Time to hang em' up.  (Read 11240 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Fedor....Time to hang em' up.
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 06:54:26 AM »
Exposed is getting grazed by a punch by a guy you can't take down and then mentally folding and throwing yourself on the ground and going fetal, or turning your back and running away or doing a spin a roonie whilst running away.

At least Lesnar isn't throwing in the towel and retiring.  And let us not forget that Lesnar was taking that beating from the best HW mma fighter on the planet.  AND that Cain did it while being very much lighter in weight than Lesnar (that one is for you Suck).

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 08:04:26 AM »
At least Lesnar isn't throwing in the towel and retiring.  And let us not forget that Lesnar was taking that beating from the best HW mma fighter on the planet.  AND that Cain did it while being very much lighter in weight than Lesnar (that one is for you Suck).

That's funny that you know who im talking about without me even having to mention a name, and he has done it in two consecutive fights not just against Cain.  Sir Sebastian Rutten said it best in his interview, "that's horrible, either he is not allowed to get hit in training, or he has no talent whatsoever". 
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 08:33:10 AM »
That's funny that you know who im talking about without me even having to mention a name, and he has done it in two consecutive fights not just against Cain.  Sir Sebastian Rutten said it best in his interview, "that's horrible, either he is not allowed to get hit in training, or he has no talent whatsoever". 

Why do you keep bringing up Lesnar anyways?  Cain is rightfully ranked #1HW in the world.  I could care less about Fedor these days.  I like the guy, but I'm glad he will no longer be able to hold that #1 spot hostage by fighting 2nd tier HW's at best.

Fedor screwed himself of legendary status by getting demolished by cans. Greed/Easy paydays got the best of him and I really doubt he cares.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 08:33:24 AM »

I know who you're talking about cause you've gone on record here many times re Lesnar and his fight with Cain.

Good argument though!   ::)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 09:12:35 AM »
A 15 year veteran getting caught in a JJ 101 choke, followed by an ass whooping by a guy who was a 5-1 underdog is pretty much as exposed as a guy can get.  Fedor knows he's been exposed. Why do you think he's putting his tail between his legs and retiring?

Brock took a couple of ass-whooping's, has way more money than Ferdor, and still got back on the horse. Brock doesn't need to fight.

I have already conceded that Fedor made a mistake jumping into Werdum's guard, but getting caught was inevitable. Even Rickson Gracie, who is a 7th degree black belt in BJJ, has been caught and submitted. It happens to everyone in the guard of a BJJ master, even to BJJ masters.

As for Silva, you wouldn't be disrespecting GSP if he fought a shit heayweight like Check Congo and got demolished. You would be pointing out the huge size difference as the reason why GSP lost and that you can't beat physics. But when the same happens to Fedor, it is "excuses" and "he got beaten by a guy with a 5-1 record". Never mind that the guy was 55 lbs heavier and that Fedor won the first round, and that Fedor didn't lose because he was knocked out but because the doctor stopped the fight. This was far from an embarassing defeat. Fedor held his own. Who knows what would have happened if the fight went to the third round? Fedor has come back from even worse situations than that.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »
Mindspin has spent the better part of the last 48 hours talking about Fedor on at least 3 different accounts. How many posts is he coming up on now? Has to be close to 500. This guy's obsession with Fedor is only rivaled by Swede's cocklust for Chestnar. As if anyone gives a shit about the opinion of some 40-something-year old TUF fanboy who thinks street fights have a code of honor and unwritten rules.  :-X

The fact that even the best professionals regard Fedor as the GOAT must destroy you inside. It's alright, though. A few glasses of Dana's spunkjuice should clear that up.  :D

Exposed is getting grazed by a punch by a guy you can't take down and then mentally folding and throwing yourself on the ground and going fetal, or turning your back and running away or doing a spin a roonie whilst running away.

Hahaha! You're going to put them on suicide watch talking about their hero like that. After all, according to StoolPSHR and co., Cock Chestnar is the greatest fighter of all time.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »

Because Lensar has how many fights? 5 or 6?? HAHAHAHA!!! Fedor retiring because hes old and obviously half the fighter he was. Fuck your stupid lol. And Lesnar who? The guy who was exposed by Mir and Cain???

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
Im a huge Fedor fan, and respect the guy and his achievements alot BUT people need to stop going on about how he was outsized like its some sort of good reason for losing.Hes fought taller opponents and heavier in Pride and destroyed them.The simple fact is Fedor either has lost what he had or the talent im modern MMA is better.The size wasnt a factor against Hong Man Choi.He was taken down and mounted the same as Bigfoot done to him but did he lie there and take a beating? No.He got his way out of it and armbarred Choi and won.He simply faced a better opponent on the day and thats what the discussion should be about.
Do i think this would have happened 5 years ago? probably not.The speed difference and the killer instinct Fedor once displayed has certainly gone, but the fact is he lost.There should be no excuses :)

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2011, 10:23:17 AM »
Im a huge Fedor fan, and respect the guy and his achievements alot BUT people need to stop going on about how he was outsized like its some sort of good reason for losing.Hes fought taller opponents and heavier in Pride and destroyed them.The simple fact is Fedor either has lost what he had or the talent im modern MMA is better.The size wasnt a factor against Hong Man Choi.He was taken down and mounted the same as Bigfoot done to him but did he lie there and take a beating? No.He got his way out of it and armbarred Choi and won.He simply faced a better opponent on the day and thats what the discussion should be about.
Do i think this would have happened 5 years ago? probably not.The speed difference and the killer instinct Fedor once displayed has certainly gone, but the fact is he lost.There should be no excuses :)

I think its a mixture of both. Fedors skills have obviously deteriorated over the last few years from inactivity, and I think the fighters are definitely getting better too. Big Foot Silva is a well rounded tough guy and Fedor just cant handle an opponent like that in his current state. And your right the Fedor of 2004 was a completely different animal. He was too fast, too strong and won alot of fights due to his insanely hard punches, which he no longer has from breaking his knuckles so much.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »
Why do you keep bringing up Lesnar anyways?  Cain is rightfully ranked #1HW in the world.  I could care less about Fedor these days.  I like the guy, but I'm glad he will no longer be able to hold that #1 spot hostage by fighting 2nd tier HW's at best.

Fedor screwed himself of legendary status by getting demolished by cans. Greed/Easy paydays got the best of him and I really doubt he cares.

you don't care about shane carwin, if you did his name would be in your sig ::)

fedor has legendary status that every other fighter can only dream of obtaining, could you possibly be any more of a dana white cock sucker ::) ::)

now will you or your gimmick "evolver" answer whether trevor berbick is a better boxer than muhammad ali?

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »
 I have already conceded that Fedor made a mistake jumping into Werdum's guard, but getting caught was inevitable. Even Rickson Gracie, who is a 7th degree black belt in BJJ, has been caught and submitted. It happens to everyone in the guard of a BJJ master, even to BJJ masters.

As for Silva, you wouldn't be disrespecting GSP if he fought a shit heayweight like Check Congo and got demolished. You would be pointing out the huge size difference as the reason why GSP lost and that you can't beat physics. But when the same happens to Fedor, it is "excuses" and "he got beaten by a guy with a 5-1 record". Never mind that the guy was 55 lbs heavier and that Fedor won the first round, and that Fedor didn't lose because he was knocked out but because the doctor stopped the fight. This was far from an embarassing defeat. Fedor held his own. Who knows what would have happened if the fight went to the third round? Fedor has come back from even worse situations than that.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GSP fights at WW. (170lbs) and *may* move up to Middleweight(185lbs)

Why in the world would GSP be fighting Kongo? Did Kongo get the AIDS or something?

There are weight classes for a reason.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Mindspin has spent the better part of the last 48 hours talking about Fedor on at least 3 different accounts. How many posts is he coming up on now? Has to be close to 500. This guy's obsession with Fedor is only rivaled by Swede's cocklust for Chestnar. As if anyone gives a shit about the opinion of some 40-something-year old TUF fanboy who thinks street fights have a code of honor and unwritten rules.  :-X

The fact that even the best professionals regard Fedor as the GOAT must destroy you inside. It's alright, though. A few glasses of Dana's spunkjuice should clear that up.  :D

Hahaha! You're going to put them on suicide watch talking about their hero like that. After all, according to StoolPSHR and co., Cock Chestnar is the greatest fighter of all time.

Call Fedor what you want...He can no longer hold the #1 HW ranking hostage. I could care less about anything else the guy does at this point.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »
Call Fedor what you want...He can no longer hold the #1 HW ranking hostage. I could care less about anything else the guy does at this point.

then change your sig

until you do, he owns your simple mind

E

E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »
you don't care about shane carwin, if you did his name would be in your sig ::)

fedor has legendary status that every other fighter can only dream of obtaining, could you possibly be any more of a dana white cock sucker ::) ::)

now will you or your gimmick "evolver" answer whether trevor berbick is a better boxer than muhammad ali?

E

Why would I have Carwin's name in my sig? WTF?

Fedor may have legendary status for one reason or another...I could care less. There's always room to debate on that topic.

I'm just happy Fedor was exposed and he can no longer hold the #1 ranking hostage.  If he had stepped up and fought the best, I would be giving him much more credit.  He lost to a 5-1 underdog, by a brutal, embarrassing, beatdown.  He may not recover emotionally.

I was right all along and the Fedor is behind us. New topic anyone?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »

Fedor may have legendary status for one reason or another...I could care less. There's always room to debate on that topic.

I'm just happy Fedor was exposed and he can no longer hold the #1 ranking hostage.  If he had stepped up and fought the best, I would be giving him much more credit.  He lost to a 5-1 underdog, by a brutal, embarrassing, beatdown.  He may not recover emotionally.

exactly why would you, carwin doesn't own your mind like fedor does

there is no room to debate you moron, you couldn't possibly be that dumb could you ???

name the fighters with better resumes

i've been waiting on that for at least a year ::)

E

E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2011, 12:15:53 PM »
exactly why would you, carwin doesn't own your mind like fedor does

there is no room to debate you moron, you couldn't possibly be that dumb could you ???

name the fighters with better resumes

i've been waiting on that for at least a year ::)

E

I think you have me confused....I could care less what Fedor's resume looks like or if anyone wants to call him a legend or whatever name they so choose.

I disliked the fact that Fedor was ranked #1 at one time and he was not fighting the best.  Currently, he is so far from being ranked #1, I could care less.

I like Fedor, but he was milking these past few years and it bit him in the ass with two consecutive losses to 2nd tier HW's.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:52 PM »

Fedor didnt even have the number 1 spot, 5-2 Brock Lesnar did (lol!). So whats the problem?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »
GSP fights at WW. (170lbs) and *may* move up to Middleweight(185lbs)

Why in the world would GSP be fighting Kongo? Did Kongo get the AIDS or something?

There are weight classes for a reason.

Wow, you are dumb. My point exactly, moron. The weight difference between Silva and Fedor is the same between GSP and a heavyweight(55 lbs). So if GSP fought an inferior heavyweight and lost to him, according to you he would have been "exposed". See how dumb you sound now?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »
  Wow, you are dumb. My point exactly, moron. The weight difference between Silva and Fedor is the same between GSP and a heavyweight(55 lbs). So if GSP fought an inferior heavyweight and lost to him, according to you he would have been "exposed". See how dumb you sound now?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fedor CHOOSES to fight at HW and ACCEPTED the fight with Silva.

End of discussion on you has-been HW.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2011, 01:06:07 PM »
Fedor CHOOSES to fight at HW and ACCEPTED the fight with Silva.

End of discussion on you has-been HW.

Doesen't change the fact that if GSP fought an inferior heavyweight who outweighted him by 55 lbs and got demolished, you would point out that he lost due to the size difference and not because the heayweight was better. You are a complete and utter hypocrite.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »
  Doesen't change the fact that if GSP fought an inferior heavyweight who outweighted him by 55 lbs and got demolished, you would point out that he lost due to the size difference and not because the heayweight was better. You are a complete and utter hypocrite.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

No athletic commission would ever sanction that GSP fight you are referring to.  GSP doesn't even get near the HW requirement.

Let's stop the fantasy comparisons here. 

Werdum weighs about the same as Fedor and he manhandled Fedor. You need a new excuse.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
No athletic commission would ever sanction that GSP fight you are referring to.  GSP doesn't even get near the HW requirement.

Let's stop the fantasy comparisons here. 

Werdum weighs about the same as Fedor and he manhandled Fedor. You need a new excuse.

That's because when it comes to grappling weight and strength don't really matter. This comparison sucks because getting caught in a submission and being overwhelmed by sheer power are two different things.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2011, 01:52:59 PM »
  That's because when it comes to grappling weight and strength don't really matter. This comparison sucks because getting caught in a submission and being overwhelmed by sheer power are two different things.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Are you admitting that Fedor was stupid or misled about signing/agreeing on the Silva fight?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »
Are you admitting that Fedor was stupid or misled about signing/agreeing on the Silva fight?

He was brave but foolish taking on a man who outweighted him by 3 weight classes. But he had done it so many times before, beating huge odds, that I can understand why he thought he could do it again. But he got older, and is much slower and less effective at making decisions in the ring or cage. He can still beat any heavyweight his size, but he can't compete anymore against guys who weight over 260 lbs with athletic built.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2011, 06:12:41 PM »
  He was brave but foolish taking on a man who outweighted him by 3 weight classes. But he had done it so many times before, beating huge odds, that I can understand why he thought he could do it again. But he got older, and is much slower and less effective at making decisions in the ring or cage. He can still beat any heavyweight his size, but he can't compete anymore against guys who weight over 260 lbs with athletic built.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Sounds to me he should retire or move down to LHW.  Not too many credible opponents at HW weighting what Fedor weighs.