Author Topic: CHECK OUT THIS MONSTER TRAINING 6'8" TALL!  (Read 25969 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: CHECK OUT THIS MONSTER TRAINING 6'8" TALL!
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2006, 01:43:26 PM »
There’s some dumbass*s up in here, I swear.

I agree...and you're one of them.  He is training for explosiveness/endurance and funtional strength not size ::)
w

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2006, 01:47:40 PM »
A lot of these guys cant possibly fathom the idea that someone would lift weights for a reason other than obtaining size. Brutal concept huh ??? Total mind blow, woah!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2006, 01:49:26 PM »
A lot of these guys cant possibly fathom the idea that someone would lift weights for a reason other than obtaining size. Brutal concept huh ??? Total mind blow, woah!

He was doing it wrong either way! There is only one way to lift weights and its the right way. Proper form. He wouldn't know until he gets stuck under those 50pound babell lunges and sarcasm comes laughing his ass off from the underside of the giant skinny man.
just push some weight!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »
I seen him fight and.. he is nothing special. Just the typical street brawler with no skills.

Actually he was an NCAA champion wrestler and an olympic alternate.

Randy's training made him a multiple UFC Champion and a millionair, So I would say he is doing somthing right.
shotgun on the team

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »
He was doing it wrong either way! There is only one way to lift weights and its the right way. Proper form. He wouldn't know until he gets stuck under those 50pound babell lunges and sarcasm comes laughing his ass off from the underside of the giant skinny man.

Hopefully this is just a failed attempt at humor.  Just in case though, there is more than just one way to lift weights.  Take a look at Dorian vs. Ronnie.  Dorian always used slow reps with perfect form, full range of motion, squeezing at the top/stretching at the bottom  and incorporated a lot of super sets/drop sets.  Ronnie, on the other hand, uses fast reps, often not going full range and relatively loose form.  Both built gobs of muscle.  Interestingly, Dorian suffered a lot more injuries.

When training for functional strength, traditional form goes out the window.  The goal here is to develop muscle strength from every angle.

Hope that heps...
w

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2006, 01:59:58 PM »
Actually he was an NCAA champion wrestler and an olympic alternate.

Randy's training made him a multiple UFC Champion and a millionair, So I would say he is doing somthing right.

Doesn't excuse his crappy form!
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2006, 02:00:53 PM »
Hopefully this is just a failed attempt at humor.  Just in case though, there is more than just one way to lift weights.  Take a look at Dorian vs. Ronnie.  Dorian always used slow reps with perfect form, full range of motion, squeezing at the top/stretching at the bottom  and incorporated a lot of super sets/drop sets.  Ronnie, on the other hand, uses fast reps, often not going full range and relatively loose form.  Both built gobs of muscle.  Interestingly, Dorian suffered a lot more injuries.

When training for functional strength, traditional form goes out the window.  The goal here is to develop muscle strength from every angle.

Hope that heps...

Yes that heps a lot! ::)
just push some weight!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2006, 02:02:14 PM »
Bruce Lee would kill them all at the same time!

Bruce Lee fought other 130 lbs Japanese guys who all fought the same stand up BS styles that were proven ineffective in the first few UFC's. Bruce Lee would get killed by even the worst fighters in the UFC today.
shotgun on the team

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »
Bruce Lee fought other 130 lbs Japanese guys who all fought the same stand up BS styles that were proven ineffective in the first few UFC's. Bruce Lee would get killed by even the worst fighters in the UFC today.

Stop acting stupid with have other boards for that. Don't make me report your stupidity!
just push some weight!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2006, 02:03:50 PM »
Stop acting stupid with have other boards for that. Don't make me report your stupidity!

He's right...
w

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »
Doesn't excuse his crappy form!

Crappy form is subjective. If you get the results you want then your form is fine.

When your slamming or throwing opponents do you think he uses slow/perfect form?
shotgun on the team

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »

Its true. There were plenty of guys who were bigger/stronger/faster than MR Lee who fought the same style he did and got their asses handed to them in the first UFC's. Any Blue belt in BJJ or anyone with university wrestling would own Mr Lee.
shotgun on the team

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2006, 02:07:08 PM »
Its true. There were plenty of guys who were bigger/stronger/faster than MR Lee who fought the same style he did and got their asses handed to them in the first UFC's. Any Blue belt in BJJ or anyone with university wrestling would own Mr Lee.

Lame±! How little you really know about fighting!
just push some weight!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »

Wow, Bruce sparred with a basketball player, and we all know how tough they are.

Bruce Lee was an Actor, he never even had a santioned fight. Face it the traditional styles dont work in real combat, or else we would see them in UFC or in Pride where they could make millions.

I bet Jet Lee could probably beat Fedor too eh ::)
shotgun on the team

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2006, 02:14:14 PM »

Wow, Bruce sparred with a basketball player, and we all know how tough they are.

Bruce Lee was an Actor, he never even had a santioned fight. Face it the traditional styles dont work in real combat, or else we would see them in UFC or in Pride where they could make millions.

I bet Jet Lee could probably beat Fedor too eh ::)

Read what martial arts legends say about him!

http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/feats.html
just push some weight!

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2006, 02:17:06 PM »

Excellent application of a "real world" example alexx.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2006, 02:18:56 PM »
Excellent application of a "real world" example alexx.

Just proving it doesn't matter how tall or big you are.
just push some weight!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2006, 02:27:58 PM »
Read what martial arts legends say about him!

http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/feats.html

That funny, everyone who comments on him comes from a same style that was proven useless in real combat in the first UFC tournies.

What are you basing your opinion on? The Movies Bruce was in? That has to be it because he never had a real sanctioned fight.
Go to Sherdog.com and discuss Bruce. Why dont you see the opinions of people who have actually fought MMA.

Face it Bruce was an actor and nothing more. THe styles he practiced have been proven useless time and time again.

Skill>Size, but a big skilled man beats a little skilled man. 
shotgun on the team

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2006, 02:31:22 PM »
That funny, everyone who comments on him comes from a same style that was proven useless in real combat in the first UFC tournies.

What are you basing your opinion on? The Movies Bruce was in? That has to be it because he never had a real sanctioned fight.
Go to Sherdog.com and discuss Bruce. Why dont you see the opinions of people who have actually fought MMA.

Face it Bruce was an actor and nothing more. THe styles he practiced have been proven useless time and time again.

Skill>Size, but a big skilled man beats a little skilled man. 

Bull! I will check you man on top of man action website when I come back from the gym.

I will say this. It doesn't matter what style somebody fights its how skilled he is at it. ;) more ownings to come when I come back but here are a few people that would own any mma twat: bruce lee, jackie chan, jet lee, tony jaa, ernesto hoost, mike tyson, MUHAMMAD ALI!
just push some weight!

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »
segal would destroy bruce lee.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2006, 02:44:37 PM »
Bull! I will check you man on top of man action website when I come back from the gym.

I will say this. It doesn't matter what style somebody fights its how skilled he is at it. ;) more ownings to come when I come back but here are a few people that would own any mma twat: bruce lee, jackie chan, jet lee, tony jaa, ernesto hoost, mike tyson, MUHAMMAD ALI!

Actually Ernestoo Hoost has already been owned by a mediocre MMA fighter named Bob Sapp.
Muhammad Ali couldnt even Own Antonio Inoki.

Jet Lee admitted Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz would "kill him".
shotgun on the team

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever read! You must weight a buck 50! Get in the comfort zone?? LMAO that contradicts the purpose you goon!

what the fuck are you talking about you retard? i didnt even say "comfort zone" you guido-haired cumbucket. even ronnie talks about finding his groove. shuttup and actually train.

btw, i saw your "design" website. it sucks, and has "student" written all over it.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2006, 02:49:22 PM »
Just proving it doesn't matter how tall or big you are.

it does too. surely Kareem would anihilate someone of Bruces stature, as well as Bruce himself.  
Lastly, that is now why the UFC has weight classes. Well, i guess a better example is collegiate wrestling. Do you know what its like wrestling someone you outweigh by 50lbs?

I guess back to the main point; his form doesnt matter as it really doesnt matter when your attempting to pry away from the fence your pinned up against in the ring right?

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2006, 03:06:45 PM »

Pride regularly brings in guys of many different fighting styles and different weight differences. A 6'8 450lb sumo champion getting pwned by an old washed up Royce Gracie. 330lb Butterbean getting subbed by an over-rated featherweight (145lb class) in Genki Sudo. They even brought in a Japanese actor (which is what half of the guys you mentioned specialize in) who got tooled by their worst Lightweight.

This is just intellectual masturbation though. Pretending he actually will be helped out by hearing this so I can listen to myself prattle on.
T

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2006, 03:25:27 PM »
There are so many people on here who think they know it all, when in reality they know fuck all! Right............

Randy Couture destroyed chuck liddell in their first fight, and was subsequently knocked out in the other 2 matches. Nothing to be ashamed of, Liddell is seen as the best 205lb fighter in the world by alot of people. Opinions may differ but until he and the pride guys fight (funny how rampage wont take the rematch) everyone is entitled to their opinion. His knockout power is almost legendary - look at his long list of KO's.

Randy is the first and only man to hold the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight titles in the UFC, holding each title 2x. He manhandled Vitor Belfort when he was deemed unbeatable, and has also beaten Kurt Angle in an amatreur wrestling match.

Nobody knows how Bruce Lee would have fared, but he was very strong for his size and had scary power in his punches and kicks. I have no doubt that he would have been able to beat the shit out of guys like Jens Pulver, Phil baroni etc had he lived in his prime today. Dont look at him as a Kung Fu actor, look at him as a man who adapted to real life situations and designed and perfected a style which is just about perfect. He was very clever and had an ability that has rarely been seen.
Scouser on Tour