Author Topic: Sad night for RX Muscle coverage of the pre judging...  (Read 2734 times)

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
Sad night for RX Muscle coverage of the pre judging...
« on: September 20, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »
What we got was Aceto, Ruth Silverman, Palumbo and Teper sitting in a booth over at the expo looking at a big screen. Their necks were turned towards the screen the whole time and their comments were soft conversation like at a cocktail party. I should have filmed my living room. Me watching the live stream and wife reading a book....glancing over at me shaking her head at me shaking my head in utter disappointment at the lack of conditioning on stage...save a few.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Re: Sad night for RX Muscle coverage of the pre judging...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:04:34 AM »
Why were they banned from attending/covering mr O? Anything controversial they said/did?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:06:36 AM »
What we got was Aceto, Ruth Silverman, Palumbo and Teper sitting in a booth over at the expo looking at a big screen. Their necks were turned towards the screen the whole time and their comments were soft conversation like at a cocktail party. I should have filmed my living room. Me watching the live stream and wife reading a book....glancing over at me shaking her head at me shaking my head in utter disappointment at the lack of conditioning on stage...save a few.

Lonnie Teper was also banned? sweet  :D

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 09:40:40 AM »
Pathetic.

Why even bother doing anything? Just go and enjoy the show.

They are giving commentary off of a livestream from another website...who could possibly think this was a good idea.

Without seeing it, I am 100% convinced the commentary was:

1. Completely biased towards Aceto's clients: Rhoden 2cnd pushing Heath, DeLaRosa the next big thing
2. Completely biased AGAINST Scumbo's former clients: Morel off, flat, small legs etc...
3. Completely biased AGAINST Farah....i.e. Kai lost, Phil won case closed.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 10:14:52 AM »

Where was Vince.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 10:16:26 AM »

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 10:23:42 AM »
Why were they banned from attending/covering mr O? Anything controversial they said/did?

Bringing in NBC was a major win for IFBB, they got paid and got coverage.
That Olympia is officially televised, which means there is host broadcaster company (NBC), which owns the rights for the produced tv program. In such case commentating or filming is prohibited for everyone inside the venue, or allowed on preconditioned terms. There can be a lot options how IFBB and NBC decided to work, but most probably punks like RX Muscle and Palumbo don't have enough money to deal with NBC - to order commentary position, or to order photo position, whatever, thus pirating is the only way how they can participate in that "Ultimate Muscle Feast" and make a few bucks on illegal stream to keep their families fed.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »

haha, pitiful :-\

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 10:27:16 AM »
That Olympia is officially televised, which means there is host broadcaster company (NBC), which owns the rights for the produced tv program. In such case commentating or filming is prohibited for everyone inside the venue, or allowed on preconditioned terms. There can be a lot options how IFBB and NBC decided to work, but most probably punks like RX Muscle and Palumbo don't have enough money to deal with NBC - to order commentary position, or to order photo position, whatever, thus pirating is the only way how they can participate in that "Ultimate Muscle Feast" and make a few bucks on illegal stream to keep their families fed.

Ok, that explains it. Though I recall them being banned from mr O last year as well

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »

Ahh that explainsit...thanx. MD bellied up and gave ringside commentary and pics.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 11:07:47 AM »
its sad....

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »
THE BEEF thought it was a creative thing to do . . . just trying to make the best of a bad situation

TB

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 11:53:55 AM »
Where was Vince.

Chatting with Bob Chick earlier.  Talked with Dave as well.  Had to work Friday and had orders to process last night
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »

RX Muscle was banned this year because Dave criticized the NBCSN coverage of the Olympia 1 month after the event as being a weak ineffective attempt at giving the Olympia coverage.
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 04:44:57 PM »

Chatting with Bob Chick earlier.  Talked with Dave as well.  Had to work Friday and had orders to process last night

You were there? Did you fly out there, or drive?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »

RX Muscle was banned this year because Dave criticized the NBCSN coverage of the Olympia 1 month after the event as being a weak ineffective attempt at giving the Olympia coverage.

That's pretty lame if true..