Author Topic: President Trump interceded and saved those UCLA basketball players in China  (Read 16333 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: President Trump interceded and saved those UCLA basketball players in China
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 11:22:44 AM »
That’s not the point. The point is that he got the idiots out of jail and the fucking ingrates didn’t even have the decency to say thank you.

Yet another Trump owning.

One, I don't care who Trump is owning. I don't vote, nor do I follow politics (except on getbig). Telling me "another Trump owning" does not hurt my feelings.

Second, yes, it is the point. When someone does a good deed, they should do it for the sake of doing it. Not for praise and acknowledgement. Immature, self-centered people want to be praised for doing good deeds. Thus, Trump should have sought our praise and acknowledgment.

Third, yes, those college kids should say thank you and it is crappy they didn't.

X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 11:24:03 AM »
Really, you guys?  Do you really think it's "strange" or are you being intentionally obtuse?  I applaud Trump for using the power of social media to his advantage.  For too long, the mainstream news networks have controlled the narrative to suit their own agendas and gullible people like yourselves have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Yeah, I've always been disgusted by people who draw attention to themselves, seek accolades, brag, etc. Trump is all those people I've ever met like that, dialed up to an 11. It would have been much cooler if he had done it and let others point out his involvement which, in spite of your claim otherwise, would have happened. Even then had it not, so what? These guys were in another country, stealing... I'd trade any 3 DACA immigrants for them. They embarrassed the US, broke that countries laws and should be held accountable

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »
Really, you guys?  Do you really think it's "strange" or are you being intentionally obtuse?  I applaud Trump for using the power of social media to his advantage.  For too long, the mainstream news networks have controlled the narrative to suit their own agendas and gullible people like yourselves have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

What have I swallowed hook, line and sinker? I never stated that I believe what the media says about Trump. As stated above, I don't vote, nor do I follow politics (except on getbig). I don't care one way or another what the media says about Trump (good or bad). It has zero impact on my life.

However, what I do know is that people should not seek praise when they do a good deed. You do the good deed because it is the right thing to do. Nothing else. There is a good philosophical essays on doing good deeds for the sake of doing good deeds without seeking acknowledgement or praise. Perhaps Kahn N. Singh can recall the paper.

A great quote from the science fiction show, Bablyon 5: "No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame--for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see."
X

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 11:29:56 AM »
What have I swallowed hook, line and sinker? I never stated that I believe what the media says about Trump. As stated above, I don't vote, nor do I follow politics (except on getbig). I don't care one way or another what the media says about Trump (good or bad). It has zero impact on my life.

However, what I do know is that people should not seek praise when they do a good deed. You do the good deed because it is the right thing to do. Nothing else. There is a good philosophical essays on doing good deeds for the sake of doing good deeds without seeking acknowledgement or praise. Perhaps Kahn N. Singh can recall the paper.

A great quote from the science fiction show, Bablyon 5: "No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame--for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see."

I agree with you but Trump isn't a regular guy like you and I.  He's the President of (arguably) the most powerful nation in the world.  The media has skewered him since day one and I don't blame him for taking his PR into his own hands--there's nothing wrong with that.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
I agree with you but Trump isn't a regular guy like you and I.  He's the President of (arguably) the most powerful nation in the world.  The media has skewered him since day one and I don't blame him for taking his PR into his own hands--there's nothing wrong with that.

Well, people already knew he did a good deed because its plastered all over the news. Even if the 3 basketball players did not thank him, it doesn't take away from the good deed itself. The good deed is not predicated on praise or acknowledgment. It stands alone.

The question is: Trump pointed out that he wanted to be thanked for his actions. How will this add to Trumps good deed? I mean, it will point out that the three basketball players are ingrates. But, it will not add to the good deed itself, since everyone already knows that it is done.

For what it's worth, I despise how famous people (actors, singers, etc), always seek out praise when they do a good deed (plaster it all over the instagram).
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 11:42:53 AM »
He should simply sent the fuckers back to face whatever punishment the chinks has in store for them if they don’t thank him. Ungrateful cu nts

werewolf operative

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 11:43:10 AM »

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

John was a known plagiarizer.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 11:51:53 AM »
John was a known plagiarizer.

Actually that was a direct quote from Jesus in the book of John.  Jesus also had a few harsh words for Babylon, which suggests that He may not have been a fan of that show.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »
Actually that was a direct quote from Jesus in the book of John.  Jesus also had a few harsh words for Babylon, which suggests that He may not have been a fan of that show.

Jesus was always ahead of his time

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 11:59:26 AM »

Exactly.  The biased liberal activist media has been in charge of what information gets out for a long time.  They have used that power very effectively against Republicans in the past.  Trump is much smarter and more savvy.

Trump intervened on the behalf of 3 black thieves that probably hate his guts.  Obama let Otto Warmbier and USMC Sgt Tahmooressi both rot in foreign prisons and did fuck-all to help.  They were both abused in prison and Warmbier ended up fucking dead.

Trump's tweet is not the news story here even though liberals are trying desperately to make it the story.  Fuck the mainstream media and God bless President Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/us/mexico-us-marine-detained/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/26/politics/fred-cindy-warmbier-parents-otto-north-korea-brooke-baldwin-cnn-newsroom-cnntv/index.html

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 12:04:00 PM »
Should've left them there to rot for a decade or two.  Prima Donna pussbags. 

agreed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 12:07:31 PM »
Exactly.  The biased liberal activist media has been in charge of what information gets out for a long time.  They have used that power very effectively against Republicans in the past.  Trump is much smarter and more savvy.

Trump intervened on the behalf of 3 black thieves that probably hate his guts.  Obama let Otto Warmbier and USMC Sgt Tahmooressi both rot in foreign prisons and did fuck-all to help.  They were both abused in prison and Warmbier ended up fucking dead.

Trump's tweet is not the news story here even though liberals are trying desperately to make it the story.  Fuck the mainstream media and God bless President Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/us/mexico-us-marine-detained/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/26/politics/fred-cindy-warmbier-parents-otto-north-korea-brooke-baldwin-cnn-newsroom-cnntv/index.html

But, the information that he helped the UCLA basketball players is already out there.

If they thanked Trump, how does this add to the good deed? The good deed is already done and people already know the good deed has been accomplished.

Now, it would be a different story if the media was trying to suppress the actual story, but they aren't.

So, how does thanking Trump add to the good deed? Its already been done and people know about it.
X

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 12:12:53 PM »
But, the information that he helped the UCLA basketball players is already out there.

If they thanked Trump, how does this add to the good deed? The good deed is already done and people already know the good deed has been accomplished.

Now, it would be a different story if the media was trying to suppress the actual story, but they aren't.

So, how does thanking Trump add to the good deed? Its already been done and people know about it.

It's pretty clear Trump likes to use the Twitter to troll people and institutions that deserve it.  I think those three shitheads fall into that category.  Again, good for Trump--trolling shouldn't be the exclusive domain of the biased, liberal media. :)

werewolf operative

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 12:18:05 PM »
Jesus was always ahead of his time

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 12:28:36 PM »

That's not the world we live in anymore as you well know.  If Trump was being treated fairly by the press he wouldn't have to use Twitter to fight back.

Trump is right to expect thanks here and he's also right to tweet about it.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »
Thanks trump for returning criminals back on the street of america

made america great again

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »
That's not the world we live in anymore as you well know.  If Trump was being treated fairly by the press he wouldn't have to use Twitter to fight back.

Trump is right to expect thanks here and he's also right to tweet about it.

But, what is he fighting against? Not receiving a "thank you?"

Okay, so he didn't receive a "thank you." Why does it matter? It doesn't take away from the good deed itself and the good deed is still being recognized. Hell, even the liberal media stations are reporting it. So, if they didn't say "thank you" how would the good deed be diminished? If I save children in a burning building and no one knows its me, and I receive no praise, the good deed is not diminished.

The basketball players recently gave a thank you:

"To President Trump and the entire United States government, thank you for taking the time to intervene on our behalf."
X

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »
If the media treated Trump like they did Obama, he would win with a Reagan '84 style landslide in 2020.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2017, 01:04:18 PM »
You = Fucking broken record.

::)
Just to inform you
Your Psychological profile isn't Good

Diesel618

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 01:04:39 PM »
They did publicly thank him in a press conference. At least the Ball kid.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2017, 01:11:30 PM »

Yes, i cant wait for the trump fans to also thank him for getting those black kids out of trouble and bring them back home to America to make it great again

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2017, 01:23:35 PM »

Yup. All 3 players thanked Trump.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 01:28:52 PM »
Maybe his plan is to see these thugs shot to death when they try to rob a store in USA.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2017, 01:52:23 PM »
But, what is he fighting against? Not receiving a "thank you?"

Okay, so he didn't receive a "thank you." Why does it matter? It doesn't take away from the good deed itself and the good deed is still being recognized. Hell, even the liberal media stations are reporting it. So, if they didn't say "thank you" how would the good deed be diminished? If I save children in a burning building and no one knows its me, and I receive no praise, the good deed is not diminished.

The basketball players recently gave a thank you:

"To President Trump and the entire United States government, thank you for taking the time to intervene on our behalf."

It's not about the thank you.  It's about putting the media on defense. 

The media is used to putting Republicans on defense so they never get to communicate their ideas effectively.   They are usually too busy saying "I'm not mean, I'm not as racist, I don't hate disabled people".

Trump gets out ahead of a lot of these situations.  In a sane world, your point of view would be correct.  Unfortunately, now everything is politicized and everything is a fight.  If you don't play the game you get trampled.

While he occasionally goes overboard I think his tactic is correct.  It's pretty much the only weapon he has because the political deck is stacked against him big time.