Author Topic: Who had the best draft? The G-Men of course.  (Read 6398 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Who had the best draft? The G-Men of course.
« on: April 28, 2009, 06:54:02 AM »
Eat it. Back, back, back on top, top, top. Sing it with me! G-Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patriots who?

body88

Re: Who had the best draft? The G-Men of course.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »
I saw it like this:

Houston#1 Loved their draft. 

Pats #2  They went in with 6 day one picks and came out with 12 players and an extra 2 - 2 round draft choices for 2010.

Jets#3  Quality vs Quantity

Giants#4 Loved their wr's that they took

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:50:03 AM »
The Eagles got the 2nd best WR in the draft...Jeremy Maclin
Got the next Brian Westbrook in the second round...Lesean McCoy
and got the steals of the draft in the 5th...Cornelius Ingram and Macho Harris
plus got Ellis Hobbs for next to nothing
and add Jason Peters who they stole from the Bills...

I'd say a pretty good weekend.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:25:09 AM »
Eat it. Back, back, back on top, top, top. Sing it with me! G-Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patriots who?

we had a solid draft no doubt. But the pack got 2 of the top 10 prospects, arguably.

body88

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 10:32:47 AM »
None of is matters, since prospects are coveted differently by each team. 3 years from now we will know.  Different teams want different players for different jobs.

More than 60% of these big name prospects will be nothing more than average NFL players anyway.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »
None of is matters, since prospects are coveted differently by each team. 3 years from now we will know.  Different teams want different players for different jobs.

More than 60% of these big name prospects will be nothing more than average NFL players anyway.

thats not true. Most teams with early picks will often take the best possible player available. If you get 2 census top 10 picks, you did good.

body88

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:53:10 AM »
thats not true. Most teams with early picks will often take the best possible player available. If you get 2 census top 10 picks, you did good.

It about if those players help your team win.  To much money for unproven guys at the very top of the draft. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 11:33:18 AM »
It about if those players help your team win.  To much money for unproven guys at the very top of the draft. 

in the case of the packers, those players should fit PERFECTLY into their new 3-4 scheme.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
The Jets got a one year starter, I don't know. I think the Giants did well with the FA"s and should be good next year.
L

body88

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 01:41:03 PM »
in the case of the packers, those players should fit PERFECTLY into their new 3-4 scheme.

Raji yes - Not sold on Clay yet.  Well see how Mathews does shedding 300 lb ot's.  He had to juice his brains oout to get to 240. They had a good draft but I named the teams who I thought did better. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
RAIDERS...DUH

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 06:48:14 PM »

Raji yes - Not sold on Clay yet.  Well see how Mathews does shedding 300 lb ot's.  He had to juice his brains oout to get to 240. They had a good draft but I named the teams who I thought did better. 

im completely in compliance with clay. I just think people are seeing something theyre not going to get with him. He's definitly hyped

body88

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 07:59:15 PM »
im completely in compliance with clay. I just think people are seeing something theyre not going to get with him. He's definitly hyped

He's a boom or bust guy for sure.  On one hand, he's fast as hell, smart and comes from great bloodlines....on the other, he had to juice pretty hard to go from 180 at 6'3 to the 240 that he is now.  I liked him and many people had the pats taking him, but when I took some time to look at the film, I walked away a bit wary of him.

To me, the team that had the best draft (from an improvement standpoint) was the Houston Texans.  Adding Cushing and Barwin to that loaded d was a great move.  They have tons of young talent and I think they improved most.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 08:02:56 PM »
houston took caldwell the center from bama, i think he can become a backup right away and be a solid pro.

Im nots old on cushing though. not at all.

That defense from usc played a bum conference but they were godly. Everyone looked good on that defense.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 08:39:46 PM »
houston took caldwell the center from bama, i think he can become a backup right away and be a solid pro.

That defense from usc played a bum conference but they were godly. Everyone looked good on that defense.
we also took 2 TE im not sure what the thinking is behind that owens is a pretty damn good TE so  ??? he isnt the best blocker but a real good reciever. Other then that I think we did a damn good job filling in postions that needed to be.

body88

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 08:49:14 PM »

I liked their draft.  Cush was the best of the USC guys, but your right, none of them are can't miss prospects.  You see guys like Cush and Clay who have to go through extreme measures to get NFL size and you wonder if their body will hold up.  All in all I think he is going to be a good player, but there could be an injury issue with him.  He's ob on the sauce and his body is holding as much size as it's going to get.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »
Giants signed 3 undrafted safeties.expect at least 1 of them to stick.they have no backups.
and the selection of the RB Brown from N.C. state was a good pick up.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 11:42:05 AM »
Although you really can't answer a question like this for about three years, I love the Crabtree pick.  One of the true studs of the draft IMO.  Thank you Al Davis.   :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:54 AM »
Steelers never get that STUD STUD in the draft. Well he isnt declared a stud at draft time. We develop players very well. Well Troy was a stud going into the draft. but big ben wasnt. So draft time isnt really exciting for me because we never make a big splash and go for the "sexy" picks

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »
Although you really can't answer a question like this for about three years, I love the Crabtree pick.  One of the true studs of the draft IMO.  Thank you Al Davis.   :)

youre kidding right? He's the most over hyped fucker in 5 years.

He comes from an EXTREMELY pass heavy offense....matched up with that WEAK big12 conference defenses. He barely was forced to play in press coverage AT ALL. Trust me...they let him roam free. Not t mention he's 6'1'' barely and runs a 4.6...al davis is goffing at you. I can go on and on

the 9'rs bit the bullet drafting a slot reciver at # 10

body88

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »
Steelers never get that STUD STUD in the draft. Well he isnt declared a stud at draft time. We develop players very well. Well Troy was a stud going into the draft. but big ben wasnt. So draft time isnt really exciting for me because we never make a big splash and go for the "sexy" picks

Just like the pats.  Although they did get Mayo last year with SF's pick.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »

Just like the pats.  Although they did get Mayo last year with SF's pick.

richard seymour?

body88

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »
richard seymour?

Back when they stunk.

Since then (round one):

Ty Warren (DE)

Vince Wilfork (NT)

Logan Mankins (OG)

Daniel Graham (TE)

Ben Watson (TE)

Lawrence Maroney (RB)

Jerod Mayo (SF's pick)

All those guys were taken later in the first round, and aside from maroney, I would not consider any of them "sexy". 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »
well warren and watson were flat out studs

mayo is a sexy pick if you ask me.

body88

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 03:46:25 PM »
well warren and watson were flat out studs

mayo is a sexy pick if you ask me.

Yes they are studs, but you don't think of "sexy" when drafting DT's.  Mayo is a stud and they drafted him with SF's pick.....I did say above that aside from Mayo, they have not drafted any "sexy" picks.