Author Topic: Would you continue bodybuilding...  (Read 4759 times)

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
Would you continue bodybuilding...
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:02:17 AM »
/weightlifting/powerlifting if u where alone on the planet and there was no one who u could show your muscle/strenght for.

If u say yes, you are a fucking liar :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Would you continue bodybuilding...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:03:28 AM »
of course. because not everybody are insecure bullied virgin bookworms like you who lift weights in a desperate attempt to attract girls.

Z

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »
Yes I would. I don't do it for anyone else.......
HAHA, RON.....

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »
Well, yeah. I mean, even if you were alone, you would have to keep busy somehow. Granted, Sigmund Freud thought that people lifted weights or exercised to release sexual energy. So, if for no other reason, you would have to continue to lift to release that energy, since no females would be around to fuck. I would continue to do it just to curb boredom and from going crazy. :)
X

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 09:08:02 AM »
/weightlifting/powerlifting if u where alone on the planet and there was no one who u could show your muscle/strenght for.

so you finally saw "I am legend"?
Here comes the money shot

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 09:20:11 AM »
so you finally saw "I am legend"?

Haha, haven't seen it yet, but planning to do. Well its not all about lifting weight, its about what we do to get confirmation. Every girls say they do buy clothes, make up and ect ect for their own sake, I call it bullshit. I think 90% of all the things we do is about confirmation, new car, new kitchen, job, education ect. If there was no one to share experiences with or no one to give u confirmation I think we would give up mostly everything about the basics need, food, rest, security and pussy.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 09:21:25 AM »
Beowulf in 3D was awesome
Here comes the money shot

driverant

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 09:22:16 AM »

yes

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 09:34:15 AM »

i really don't know, probably trying to survive, find better ways.

some kind of exercises for sure, but it doesn't mean bodybuilding!

it is true that we do it to impress others and ourself, i mean if nobody's there to congratulate or compliment you whats the motivation?
are you delusional?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 09:40:22 AM »
I would say yes because I would still masturbate. Bodybuilding is masturbation for the muscles.

Anyone who says otherwise is a lying sack of shit.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 09:42:39 AM »
i really don't know, probably trying to survive, find better ways.

some kind of exercises for sure, but it doesn't mean bodybuilding!

it is true that we do it to impress others and ourself, i mean if nobody's there to congratulate or compliment you whats the motivation?

who gives a shit about congrats and compliments

typical insecure low self esteem bullshit opinion
Z

driverant

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 09:45:18 AM »

hahaha, and when we talk about women, you people here praise them as something or another, rofl.

monstrous hypocrisy from your behalf

Moosejay

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 09:45:38 AM »
I have trained for 30 years.

I have had several time periods where my training was completely interrupted by injury, surgery,business and/or sickness.

I can say I am MUCH HAPPIER and more productive when training vs. not training.

So, yes, I would train.

Mike

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 09:46:06 AM »

yep

It's one of my favorite things to do.  The actual act of weight lifting gives me an awesome rush.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 09:46:25 AM »
hahaha, and when we talk about women, you people here praise them as something or another, rofl.

monstrous hypocrisy from your behalf

english guy you speak it
Z

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 09:50:04 AM »

of course it is....... the reality is, you wouldn't train!!!

are you delusional?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 09:52:13 AM »
I would definitely continue to train because I enjoy it.   I agree with Moosejay, I've had periods of inactivity for all the same reasons he listed, but I'm much happier when I'm in the gym training regularly.  I have no training partners, I've been with the same woman for 14 years, my friends don't care what I do in the gym....I have no one to impress.   The opinions of perfect strangers used to matter when I was younger, but that's the past.   Everything done now is for me.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 09:52:59 AM »
I would stay healthy, strong and fit, but would be less concerned about whether I had abs or not

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »
I would definitely continue to train because I enjoy it.   I agree with Moosejay, I've had periods of inactivity for all the same reasons he listed, but I'm much happier when I'm in the gym training regularly.  I have no training partners, I've been with the same woman for 14 years, my friends don't care what I do in the gym....I have no one to impress.   The opinions of perfect strangers used to matter when I was younger, but that's the past.   Everything done now is for me.

Good post -  I totally agree - I've been with the same woman for seven years (married for four) - I have no real friends as an adult because I live in a completely different city 400 miles from where I grew up and when you train in the Temple in Brum you can stick 15 plates a side on a leg press and no-one will give a shit. I took an 18 month layoff a while back and I was moody as fuck - like there was something missing from my life. Going back to the gym has made me much happier as a result because I've got goals again and something to shoot for.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 10:01:50 AM »
Good post -  I totally agree - I've been with the same woman for seven years (married for four) - I have no real friends as an adult because I live in a completely different city 400 miles from where I grew up and when you train in the Temple in Brum you can stick 15 plates a side on a leg press and no-one will give a shit. I took an 18 month layoff a while back and I was moody as fuck - like there was something missing from my life. Going back to the gym has made me much happier as a result because I've got goals again and something to shoot for.

I agree about having goals as being an important factor.  It's not the weightlifting/bodybuilding we love, but the goals we set for ourselves in the end. The weights are only a means to an end. Granted, you have to enjoy lifting weights, but, the most important thing is to have that goal and strive for it.

A good quote:

"For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible..."
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 10:02:34 AM »

I think for most on this board, training keeps us grounded.   We all experience periods of inactivity, but by and large the gym makes us happier people.   Anytime I'm away I also get moody, but the moment I return it's like the dark clouds lift LOL.

Paul Allen

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 10:04:37 AM »
Thank god Big J and MOS are two other humans that don't care about friends, just their wives and training.

I thought I was going crazy; I don't talk to anyone anymore outside of work and my wife/family.

I just don't need anyone.  I'm not obsessive enough to train 7 times a week, twice a day, but if i don't get my few times in a week i feel something's off.

Friends, meh, who needs them.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 10:11:42 AM »
of course. because not everybody are insecure bullied virgin bookworms like you who lift weights in a desperate attempt to attract girls.

RIght, and the more developed they get the more come to understand how many girls actually
HATE the BBer look.... Yes thats true..

But, if lifting raise your selfestem, them it leads to scoring chicks.
Exude self confidence (not arrogance) and its magnetic.
The better you get at scoring girls, the more a guy learn how little has to do with his looks....
Yes even very attractive girls...

Lift for your own goals and hopefully health, not some magazine fantasy foisted on these punks that think it will get them pussy...  It drives a industry that drains their wallets that should be spent chasing girls and havin fun in their youth.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »
Thank god Big J and MOS are two other humans that don't care about friends, just their wives and training.

I thought I was going crazy; I don't talk to anyone anymore outside of work and my wife/family.

I just don't need anyone.  I'm not obsessive enough to train 7 times a week, twice a day, but if i don't get my few times in a week i feel something's off.

Friends, meh, who needs them.

Well, I wouldn't put it quite like that LOL....my friends are very important to me.  Although, they're cool cause they understand the gym is important to me and don't give me shit about it.   At one point or another all have tried training with me and most fizzle out after a period of days and on rare occassions they stuck with it for a couple months and then fizzle out.  Still, I enjoy it but they just don't have the same passion...different strokes for different folks and I respect that.   Some friends are couch potatos and overs love team sports.....me I like the time I have alone in the gym to do my thing.....my gay little quiet time.   My wife doesn't like to train with me....never has, but she does her own thing in the gym and I do my mine.   I think that's what I enjoy most about lifting.....the little time I spend doing my own thing while trying to achieve a personal goal at the same time.....it's therapeutic.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »

No. I need someone to spot me when squatting with the bar.