Author Topic: A 5 Year Old's Ruminations Re: Pumping Iron  (Read 4093 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
A 5 Year Old's Ruminations Re: Pumping Iron
« on: December 08, 2006, 08:43:29 AM »
By way of background, remember how Archie Manning was never a great QB, but he sired two pro QBs, at least one of them a hall of famer.  I never achieved my potential, but now I'm trying to instill it in my sons (5 and 7).

OK . . .  on to the post.  The wife is out, so in goes the DVD of Pumping Iron.  It's Indoctrination Time at the Midnite Rambo (MR) Household.  The younger (RJ) is transfixed.  Some of our conversation:

MR:  "See that big guy, he's our Governor.  Lifting weights gives you discipline to accomplish things later in life"

RJ:  "That's not the Governor.  I saw him on  TV, he's much smaller . . ."

[Arnold flexes in a front double biceps pose]

MR:  "So what do you think?"

RJ:  "Let's see your arm Daddy"

[MR flexes]

RJ:  "Well, keep trying Daddy, you're getting there."

[LMFAO!!!]

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: A 5 Year Old's Ruminations Re: Pumping Iron
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 02:27:05 PM »
The wife is out, so in goes the DVD of Pumping Iron.  It's Indoctrination Time

LMFAO.  When my wife goes out my 5 year-old gets to watch Markus Ruhl Made in Germany!  Wife comes back, in goes Toy Story...

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 09:44:11 AM »
LMFAO.  When my wife goes out my 5 year-old gets to watch Markus Ruhl Made in Germany!  Wife comes back, in goes Toy Story...

Passing it on to another generation- very cool.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »
THAT is great! ahahahaha!
bodybuildersreality.com

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 12:54:38 PM »
I tried to interest my kids in bodybuilding for many years, and my teenage son is now getting into lifting because he can see the difference between him and his buddies. I had him doing pushups since he was 5 and believe it or not this has led to him getting a huge chest for his age. Now onto chinups!

On the other hand, my daughter sees me going onto to GetBig and says "Still looking at men in their underwear?", lol. 

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 01:21:20 PM »
Im going to encourage my kids to lift weights so they will become better at sports and have more future potential. As far as weightlifting itself and the aspect of bodybuilding, I wouldnt encourage it. it just leads to a lame lifestyle and bbing itself will get you nowhere unless you have great genetics and the will to lift year in and year out along with dieting.

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 01:48:18 PM »

I have to agree.... Dude.... that was amazing!
Aint a hobby, way of Life

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »
By way of background, remember how Archie Manning was never a great QB, but he sired two pro QBs, at least one of them a hall of famer. 
Actually, Archie Manning was as good or better than his sons. He played on horrible teams his entire career.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 08:50:46 AM »
Actually, Archie Manning was as good or better than his sons. He played on horrible teams his entire career.

True.  What I was trying to say is I wanted my sons to have more success than I.