Author Topic: 49ers fire coach Nolan, give job to assistant Singletary  (Read 3343 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 49ers fire coach Nolan, give job to assistant Singletary
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
Awesome? I think he made himself look like a bufoon. He looked lost and distant up there behind the podium with those beady eyes of his.

Different strokes I guess.  That's the kind of press conference you would expect a Mike Ditka player to give.  I loved it.  As Singletary said, he has the "old school" mentality.  It's the precisely what this team needs.  He can't blow up like that every week, especially given that the Niners are going to lose a lot more games, but it was important to set the tone. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 11:09:08 AM »
i liked singletary's attitude

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 11:18:45 AM »
The 49ers head coaching position has Holgrem's name written all over it in 2010. Full control over all football operations, just like in Seattle.

Singletary is just keeping the seat warm for him. I predict that Singletary will finish out the 2008 season, oversee a full offseason and get fired 8 games into the 2009 season after another slow start. Some interim head coach will take over until Holgrem is hired the day after the 2009 season ends for the 49ers.

You heard it here first, bitches.