Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > E-Board - Movies, Music, TV, Videogames, Comics

Toughest female character

<< < (2/8) > >>

YoungBlood:

--- Quote from: CalvinH on September 01, 2011, 06:36:09 AM ---What was the movie where James Caan was the writer and was tied up in that pyscho bitches house.
.....bonus points.which male actor in that movie went on to much bigger stardom ???

--- End quote ---

"Misery." Kathy Bates played the female role, breaking James' legs and torturing him repeatedly.
As for the male you mentioned, I'm not sure you're talking about Misery or Lara Croft. Misery, outside of James Caan only had Rob Reiner and JT Walsh (rip). Neither one of them would be relative to what you say as "bigger stardom." JT would be my guess if that's the movie reference you speak of.

Butterbean:

--- Quote from: kiwiol on August 31, 2011, 10:12:36 PM ---In the movies, that is. I'd have to pick Milla Jovovich's Alice from Resident Evil, powers or no powers. Can't see anyone else kicking Alice's ass.

Other nominations would be Sigourney Weaver's Ripley from Aliens, Charlize Theron's Aeon Flux, Angelina Jolie's Lara Croft and even Linda Hamilton from T2. I've probably left out a few candidates.

What does Getbig say? Alice FTW, IMO

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen some of these but don't forget Vasquez from Aliens.

And wasnt there someone who posted here that looked like Vasquez?  If anyone remembers that, I know it's you ;)

bradistani:
ripley, the rest are poor seconds compared to that badass

kiwiol:

--- Quote from: mass 04 on September 01, 2011, 08:37:21 AM ---Uma Thurman in Kill Bill I and II?

--- End quote ---

Yes, excellent nomination! The Widow has to be in the top 3, easy.

--- Quote from: Butterbean on September 01, 2011, 02:50:34 PM ---I haven't seen some of these but don't forget Vasquez from Aliens.

And wasnt there someone who posted here that looked like Vasquez?  If anyone remembers that, I know it's you ;)

--- End quote ---

Haha that was Sherief, wearing a bandana ;D

Vasquez was tough, NDAI, but I was talking more of a lead character. You could include a couple of Michelle Rodriguez's characters too, if we're talking smaller roles.

kiwiol:

--- Quote from: bradistani on September 01, 2011, 03:53:25 PM ---ripley, the rest are poor seconds compared to that badass

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I thought she'd be one of the top nominees. Got to respect her work, but I still think she's no match for Alice, who survives the apocalypse, mutation, takes on the biggest corporation in the world and it's army, as well as a shitton of zombies and baddies.

--- Quote from: DK II on September 01, 2011, 06:47:22 AM ---The permanent pokies on Milla Jovovich through all the RE movies make her my first choice as well.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

Haha that was a big factor in making my choice ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version