Author Topic: 10 Best Places and 10 Worst Places to live according to CNBC  (Read 929 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Here’s the rest of the top 10 best places to live

Vienna, Austria
Copenhagen, Denmark
Zurich, Switzerland
Calgary, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Geneva, Switzerland
Frankfurt, Germany
Toronto, Canada
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Osaka, Japan and Melbourne, Australia (tie)

Here’s the rest of the top 10 worst places to live
Tehran, Iran
Douala, Cameroon
Harare, Zimbabwe
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Port Moresby, PNG
Karachi, Pakistan
Algiers, Algeria
Tripoli, Libya
Lagos, Nigeria
Damascus, Syria

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/07/global-liveability-index-2022-best-and-worst-places-to-live.html

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
Re: 10 Best Places and 10 Worst Places to live according to CNBC
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 06:04:36 AM »
CNBC.

HAHAHAHHAHA!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 06:26:21 AM »
CNBC.

HAHAHAHHAHA!

Racist post reported. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 06:35:08 AM »
I thought 90210 was the best?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 06:37:36 AM »
Toronto lol
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 07:15:19 AM »
Those “best” places seem to be overwhelming places with fuck all to do.  What age range did they account for in picking those places.  I have been to all of those and while nice couldn’t imagine living there full time

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 07:19:18 AM »
Those “best” places seem to be overwhelming places with fuck all to do.  What age range did they account for in picking those places.  I have been to all of those and while nice couldn’t imagine living there full time

a lot to do in cameroon or damascus?   ;D :D

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 07:46:37 AM »
Here’s the rest of the top 10 best places to live

Vienna, Austria
Copenhagen, Denmark
Zurich, Switzerland
Calgary, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Geneva, Switzerland
Frankfurt, Germany
Toronto, Canada
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Osaka, Japan and Melbourne, Australia (tie)

Frankfurt is a financial center- and boring as hell.  Copenhagen is small- easy to get tired of it. Vienna is so touristy you'd go nuts. Zurich is fun, but so fcking expensive to live in. Toronto - for maybe 3 months a year. Geneva is nice. Amsterdam so so.

These lists are retarded.

muscle matters

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • IFBB pro/lifetime natural
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 08:07:55 AM »
What?

Tulsa, Louisville, Cleveland, Memphis are not in the list of worst place?

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 08:08:06 AM »
Man, I used to love Toronto.  Id drive up there from Detroit to stay during the Caribana festival. It was always a great time. Started going in 93? Went every year til about 2003 and went twice a couple of years. Each year it changed little by little.  Regressing. Shittier, dirtier, scumbags on every other corner on Yonge street.

I got accosted by a Tranny who accused me of speaking with a fake accent to pass myself off as 'American'! So I told her/him off right on the street corner. I said #1 we're still in America stupid ass whore. I guess you mean U.S. #2 (i pulled out a wad of green U.S. cash for dramatic affect) and said where the fuck do you think this comes from? And #3 I said bitch, you got a lot of nerve accusing another person of trying to pass themselves off as something they're not. This last one garnered gasps, ohh + aahs and a couple of laughs from the bystanders. It started to get loud and indigant before I gave a warning that Id drop her like the man she is if she kept pestering me.

Then I started to go into a 'cabaret' the doorman was a butch dyke. When I started to go in she stepped in front of me but wouldn't say a fucking word. I asked is there a cover charge? No answer. Do you need to see ID? No answer. Just stood there looking like chaz Bono in a leather jacket w/ chains everywhere, military boots and a crew cut. Just stood there arms folded, wide as a barndoor and steady rocking a frumpy frown. Finally I said 'oh is it because Im "American" (with air quotes to mock the tranny's stupidity) i said: some other dumb bitch had the same problem. 

The next day I stepped into a bathroom to smoke a joint. It was a spot i found in an underground mall/shopping area cause back then weed wasn't legal and it was a hidden spot. I had burned a couple of doobies in the same spot in previous years. This time I step in and the bathroom is covered in blood.  Im like wtf? Anyway I was told earlier that day a guy was stabbed to death in there. So I had enough. Got my shit. Checked out and never went back.

Sad.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 08:17:31 AM »
Man, I used to love Toronto.  Id drive up there from Detroit to stay during the Caribana festival. It was always a great time. Started going in 93? Went every year til about 2003 and went twice a couple of years. Each year it changed little by little.  Regressing. Shittier, dirtier, scumbags on every other corner on Yonge street.

I got accosted by a Tranny who accused me of speaking with a fake accent to pass myself off as 'American'! So I told her/him off right on the street corner. I said #1 we're still in America stupid ass whore. I guess you mean U.S. #2 (i pulled out a wad of green U.S. cash for dramatic affect) and said where the fuck do you think this comes from? And #3 I said bitch, you got a lot of nerve accusing another person of trying to pass themselves off as something they're not. This last one garnered gasps, ohh + aahs and a couple of laughs from the bystanders. It started to get loud and indigant before I gave a warning that Id drop her like the man she is if she kept pestering me.

Then I started to go into a 'cabaret' the doorman was a butch dyke. When I started to go in she stepped in front of me but wouldn't say a fucking word. I asked is there a cover charge? No answer. Do you need to see ID? No answer. Just stood there looking like chaz Bono in a leather jacket w/ chains everywhere, military boots and a crew cut. Just stood there arms folded, wide as a barndoor and steady rocking a frumpy frown. Finally I said 'oh is it because Im "American" (with air quotes to mock the tranny's stupidity) i said: some other dumb bitch had the same problem. 

The next day I stepped into a bathroom to smoke a joint. It was a spot i found in an underground mall/shopping area cause back then weed wasn't legal and it was a hidden spot. I had burned a couple of doobies in the same spot in previous years. This time I step in and the bathroom is covered in blood.  Im like wtf? Anyway I was told earlier that day a guy was stabbed to death in there. So I had enough. Got my shit. Checked out and never went back.

Sad.

Diversity... It ruins everything that's good...

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2022, 01:10:20 PM »
switzerland  ;)

love living here...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2022, 01:23:48 PM »
3 of the top 10 cities are in Canada

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2022, 01:29:19 PM »
Tehran doesn’t look that bad.
Seems pretty normal for the Mid East.

I obviously wouldn’t want to live in Lagos, Nigeria either.. but that city looks pretty modern.

It just seems like there are worse than these two.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2022, 02:02:48 PM »
Tehran doesn’t look that bad.
Seems pretty normal for the Mid East.

I obviously wouldn’t want to live in Lagos, Nigeria either.. but that city looks pretty modern.

It just seems like there are worse than these two.

There's definitely far worse places to live than those two. The survey was conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). I'll copy and paste from them how they're creating the so-called Livability Index:

"Every city is assigned a rating for relative comfort for over 30 qualitative and quantitative factors across five broad categories: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure. Each factor in a city is rated as acceptable, tolerable, uncomfortable, undesirable or intolerable. For qualitative indicators, a rating is awarded based on the judgment of our team of expert analysts and in-city contributors. For quantitative indicators, a rating is calculated based on the relative performance of a number of external data points.
The scores are then compiled and weighted to provide a score in the range 1-100, where 1 is considered intolerable and 100 is considered ideal. The liveability rating is provided both as an overall score and as a score for each category. To provide points of reference, the score is also given for each category relative to a control city (New York) and an overall position in the ranking of 172 cities is provided.

The covid-19 pandemic has affected living conditions in many cities, owing to its impact on the healthcare infrastructure, and restrictions and lockdown measures imposed by governments, which have put the healthcare, culture and environment, and education categories under stress. The impact of the pandemic has been incorporated into our overall liveability score, with the introduction of new indicators to assess these stress and restriction levels for each city.

The liveability score is reached through category weights, which are divided equally into relevant subcategories to ensure that the score covers as many indicators as possible. Indicators are scored as acceptable, tolerable, uncomfortable, undesirable or intolerable. These are then weighted to produce a rating, where 100 indicates that liveability in a city is ideal and 1 means that it is intolerable. For qualitative variables, an “EIU rating” is awarded based on the judgment of in-house expert geography analysts and a field correspondent based in each city. For quantitative variables, a rating is calculated based on the relative performance of a location using external data."

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 02:18:29 PM »
notice how most of the top cities are 99% white. Coincident, not.

FYI Vancouver is 46% white, Toronto is 50% white

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2022, 04:46:28 PM »
FYI Vancouver is 46% white, Toronto is 50% white
which is why those places won’t stay on the list much longer.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2022, 05:38:55 PM »
a lot to do in cameroon or damascus?   ;D :D

I would suspect “get out” would be the #1 tourist attraction