Author Topic: Serena Williams Is Retiring After The US Open  (Read 2493 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Serena Williams Is Retiring After The US Open
« on: August 09, 2022, 09:09:33 AM »
To play at that level at age 40 is impressive
A

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Serena Williams Is Retiring After The US Open
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 09:33:28 AM »
Great athlete and great personality

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 09:37:15 AM »
All around big, scary dude...

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 09:39:32 AM »
I remember John McEnroe got in trouble for saying she was the greatest women’s tennis player ever.The interviewer said why women’s why not greatest tennis player ever.John said “you mean against the men? She wouldn’t be in the top 100”
Haha he got a bit of grief for that

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 09:45:15 AM »
I remember John McEnroe got in trouble for saying she was the greatest women’s tennis player ever.The interviewer said why women’s why not greatest tennis player ever.John said “you mean against the men? She wouldn’t be in the top 100”

But he was right:

Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple of bottles of ice cold lager". The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park, after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two shandies. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.

Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun" and that the big difference was that men can chase down shots much more easily and put spin on the ball that female players could not handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the _Williams_sisters

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 09:52:29 AM »
But he was right:

Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple of bottles of ice cold lager". The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park, after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two shandies. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.

Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun" and that the big difference was that men can chase down shots much more easily and put spin on the ball that female players could not handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the _Williams_sisters

Beat me to it. ;D

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 09:53:21 AM »
But he was right:

yes he was absolutely right.They still gave him shit but he was completely honest

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 10:46:54 AM »
14-0 in Grand Slam Doubles with Venus

250 Million Net

Similar to Jordan with the NBA, I lost track of the WTA after Gaby Sabatini retired

Assuming she has had the best career totals of any woman or somewhere in the same ballpark with Graf?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 10:48:27 AM »
I liked her fine when she just played tennis.

But then she started virtue signaling so she can fuck off.
~

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 10:49:19 AM »
My nikka

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 10:51:44 AM »
I liked her fine when she just played tennis.

But then she started virtue signaling so she can fuck off.

yep, used to play tennis, now plays the race card

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 10:52:22 AM »
All around big, scary dude...

I'll confess that I would still examine her genitals if she begged me to...

T

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2022, 11:02:56 AM »
^^ Jimmy MaGill(a)

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 11:41:22 AM »
To play at that level at age 40 is impressive

All drugs

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 12:04:42 PM »
I`d like to pick her trash !!   :D

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2022, 12:06:03 PM »
Bye bye gorilla.
T

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2022, 12:14:26 PM »
I`d like to pick her trash !!   :D

Would be great to mow her lawn

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 12:15:02 PM »
Dude is jacked and tan.  Naturally tan but still tan
a

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2022, 12:18:19 PM »
I think a guy on WFAN got in trouble on IMUS for making fun of her.

I also soured on when her when she started pushing the politics.

She isn’t in your face about it, but it’s consistent.

She often did not take her fitness seriously as it seems she became a bit complacent having such a physical advantage over the other women.

She obviously made the sport better being around so long and playing at a high level into her late 30’s.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2022, 02:04:57 PM »
But he was right:

Would she have been competitive against the trannies?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 02:55:31 PM »

She wouldn't be in the Top 300+
John was Speaking the Truth - Why would anyone give him grief 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes she is very likely The Best Female Tennis ever. And Thats a Great Achievement.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2022, 02:58:25 PM »
The GOAT of women's tennis by a mile

tacobender

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2022, 03:24:40 PM »
I never understood her sex appeal to be quite honest

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2022, 03:27:13 PM »
I never understood her sex appeal to be quite honest
She has sex appeal ???l🤮
T

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2022, 04:09:53 PM »
The GOAT of women's tennis by a mile

An argument could be made for Steffi Graf or Martina Navratilova.