Author Topic: Ron Paul questions Ben Bernanke 11/18/08  (Read 2357 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Ron Paul questions Ben Bernanke 11/18/08
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ron Paul questions Ben Bernanke 11/18/08
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »

Ron Paul is the only one up there with a clue as to what is going on.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 01:53:44 PM »

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:06:52 PM »

Awesome clip.

Why do we not have a gold standard? Oh thats right, because we need an "Elastic" currency to permit growth of the economy.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »
Awesome clip.

Why do we not have a gold standard? Oh thats right, because we need an "Elastic" currency to permit growth of the economy.

Not for growth. Economic growth can happen in any type of market, although it requires eveyone produce something of value. Why we do not have a gold standard anymore is because a bunch of rich guys decided so almost 100 years ago.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 04:24:12 PM »

You know, Ron Paul says the truth and Bernanke has no choice but to agree with him on most things. The only problem is that Bernanke will not openly say that he is not the real boss and that it is not up to him to bring back the gold standard. Instead we have all this "yes, I agree with you congressman, but it is what it is" bullshit verbal ping-pong games.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 04:42:18 PM »
Cool video
S

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 04:44:57 PM »
A gold back currency can coexist with other systems but to say it should be the only system is foolish.  Paul is very misguided in many ways.  Currency doesn't  have to be backed by gold anymore than it has to be backed by corn.  People who think like this have no concept of money creation nor do they understand the complexity of the 21st century economy.  Gold backed currency is a  start but it's no solution.  Besides the powers that be would end up controlling all the gold just like they control the creation of money.  You have to put the power of printing money back in the hands of the U.S. Government i.e. the people and not a private banking cartel called the FED>  

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »
 ;D

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 12:59:52 AM »
It seems like he's the only one who gives a fuck these days  :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 05:55:19 AM »
It seems like he's the only one who gives a fuck these days  :-\

The government needs to go bankrupt like the auto makers.  We need massive restructunig so that taxes can be drastically cut on people.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 06:01:35 AM »
I think that is Ron Paul's real message when he wants to bring back the gold standard.  Which is to give the power of printing money back to the people.  What I really like about Ron Paul is he just uses gold as an example, he has said before that our money just needs to be back by SOMETHING of value to the world.  Also, I like his idea of competing currencies.  I would like to hear more on that issue too.  Did anybody watch the questioning of the automaker CEOs yesterday?  Those guys, especially the CEO of Chrysler is a crook!  The guy thought he was entitled to the money!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »
I think that is Ron Paul's real message when he wants to bring back the gold standard.  Which is to give the power of printing money back to the people.  What I really like about Ron Paul is he just uses gold as an example, he has said before that our money just needs to be back by SOMETHING of value to the world.  Also, I like his idea of competing currencies.  I would like to hear more on that issue too.  Did anybody watch the questioning of the automaker CEOs yesterday?  Those guys, especially the CEO of Chrysler is a crook!  The guy thought he was entitled to the money!

They need to go by the wayside.