Author Topic: What do you expect from the next president?  (Read 487 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
What do you expect from the next president?
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:22:09 PM »
My friend asked me this question today.  Interesting question, because it didn't really focus on where a candidate stands on issues, personalities, etc.  My top three responses:

1.  A person who can serve as an effective Commander in Chief, given the fact we have ongoing combat missions in two countries. 

2.  Someone who can help shepherd us through the recession, including the mortgage crisis. 

3.  Someone who will gain the respect and trust of the majority of the country. 

Arthurshall

• Getbig II
Re: What do you expect from the next president?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:24:40 PM »
That is a decent list...I do have to point out that we are not in recession and we may not see one at all. Economic slowdown? Sure. Disaster that the government should do anything about? No way. I am right in assuming that you are supporting McCain? From the sounds of the list I would think so.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: What do you expect from the next president?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:38:57 PM »
That is a decent list...I do have to point out that we are not in recession and we may not see one at all. Economic slowdown? Sure. Disaster that the government should do anything about? No way. I am right in assuming that you are supporting McCain? From the sounds of the list I would think so.

People are afraid to use the "R" word, but it sure seems like we're there.  But I agree it's not a disaster.

I'm not voting for Hillary or Obama.  I'll wait and see who comes out the Republican primary.  I know it's just about over, but I'm okay with either McCain or Huckabee over Hillary/Obama. 

You supporting McCain?