Author Topic: More Good News!  (Read 1804 times)

The Coach

More Good News!
« on: July 09, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »
RUSH: Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, as you know we had a couple of phone calls from two very nice women who expressed something that's becoming more and more frequent here, somewhat to my distress, expressing more and more dissatisfaction with the lack of a sufficient role that I am playing in saving America from both liberal politicians of both parties, that doing a radio program and reshaping the entire media landscape, destroying the media monopoly, causing the Democrats to want to shut me down, is not enough.  I need to be doing more. I need to be going out there on television.  One woman says, "Look, I'm a professional, my husband is a professional, we're doing quite well but all these increased costs for food gasoline and so forth, we're now living paycheck to paycheck.  I'm scared.  What's going to happen if Obama's elected and so forth?"  I confided to her that I have the same concerns.  I mean, we all look at liberals, and we think if they get the chance they're going to take away everything that we have, with increased taxes, restricted liberty and so forth.  And then I came across something that a little light turned on in my, again, large, unique, exceptional fertile brain, about how to deal with this.  And it coincides, this little light that went off, coincided with the latest Rasmussen Report poll that shows for the first time ever, Congressional approval rating is now in single digits.

The US population gives 9% approval rating to Congress -- The percentage of voters who give Congress good or excellent ratings has fallen to single digits for the first time in Rasmussen Reports tracking history. This month, just 9% say Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Most voters (52%) say Congress is doing a poor job, which ties the record high in that dubious category."  Now, amidst all of this, with a 9% approval rating, an all-time low, the media template is still what?  That the Democrats are going to pick up all these seats in the House and they're going to pick up all these seats in the Senate.  It's a foregone conclusion.  Now, if people are this upset with Congress, and the president's numbers are higher -- you know, this is a risky thing to try to analyze.  You have to ask how many Americans understand that Congress is now run by Democrats?  How many of them think that Congress is just an extension of the White House and are blaming it on Republicans?  Well, you don't know.  But I think one of the keys here in every call I get, and every comment I get from people talking about this, whether it's here on the program or in my highly focused personal and private life, it's the gasoline price.  The gasoline price is the root of everything because that affects the cost of food, the cost of leisure time activity, the cost of entertainment, and it's a gold mine. It is simply a golden opportunity for the Republican Party here to really make some big hay.

END TRANSCRIPT

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: More Good News!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »
when you look at the approval of dems AND republicans in congress, they're about even.  There is more disapproval with republicans but the numbers are getting close now.  What this means is they all fucking suck ass and should go.  you can get the data from pollingreport.com(not a lib site!).  Just because the dems are in control does not mean the republicans are off the hook.  It does not mean the whole disapproval is with dems.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:44:51 PM »
I stopped reading at "RUSH."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:46:18 PM »
I stopped reading at "RUSH."
no, you should take a good look at it... That way you'll know what spin looks like so you don't mistake it next time ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:46:44 PM »
no, you should take a good look at it... That way you'll know what spin looks like so you don't mistake it next time ;)

All I have to do is look at your posts, though.  ???

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »
RUSH: Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, as you know we had a couple of phone calls from two very nice women who expressed something that's becoming more and more frequent here, somewhat to my distress, expressing more and more dissatisfaction with the lack of a sufficient role that I am playing in saving America from both liberal politicians of both parties, that doing a radio program and reshaping the entire media landscape, destroying the media monopoly, causing the Democrats to want to shut me down, is not enough.  I need to be doing more. I need to be going out there on television.  One woman says, "Look, I'm a professional, my husband is a professional, we're doing quite well but all these increased costs for food gasoline and so forth, we're now living paycheck to paycheck.  I'm scared.  What's going to happen if Obama's elected and so forth?"  I confided to her that I have the same concerns.  I mean, we all look at liberals, and we think if they get the chance they're going to take away everything that we have, with increased taxes, restricted liberty and so forth.  And then I came across something that a little light turned on in my, again, large, unique, exceptional fertile brain, about how to deal with this.  And it coincides, this little light that went off, coincided with the latest Rasmussen Report poll that shows for the first time ever, Congressional approval rating is now in single digits.

The US population gives 9% approval rating to Congress -- The percentage of voters who give Congress good or excellent ratings has fallen to single digits for the first time in Rasmussen Reports tracking history. This month, just 9% say Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Most voters (52%) say Congress is doing a poor job, which ties the record high in that dubious category."  Now, amidst all of this, with a 9% approval rating, an all-time low, the media template is still what?  That the Democrats are going to pick up all these seats in the House and they're going to pick up all these seats in the Senate.  It's a foregone conclusion.  Now, if people are this upset with Congress, and the president's numbers are higher -- you know, this is a risky thing to try to analyze.  You have to ask how many Americans understand that Congress is now run by Democrats?  How many of them think that Congress is just an extension of the White House and are blaming it on Republicans?  Well, you don't know.  But I think one of the keys here in every call I get, and every comment I get from people talking about this, whether it's here on the program or in my highly focused personal and private life, it's the gasoline price.  The gasoline price is the root of everything because that affects the cost of food, the cost of leisure time activity, the cost of entertainment, and it's a gold mine. It is simply a golden opportunity for the Republican Party here to really make some big hay.

END TRANSCRIPT

::) gayer than rush not dieing of an overdose

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 02:10:09 PM »
Where is Milos when you need him. The Coach is ready to get backhanded again Milos.
I am a big baby

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 06:31:49 PM »
Where is Milos when you need him. The Coach is ready to get backhanded again Milos.

I'll give Milos the day off and do it myself.

With a shovel.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
again, joe...

instead of telling us what is RIGHT about the republican party, all you can do is tell us what is WRONG with the democrat party.

Instead of cleaning up the dogshit in your own yard, you sit on a smelly porch and tease the neighbors for the dog shite in their yard.

In reality, you both stink ;)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 06:36:27 PM »
 ::)

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »
You didn't answer my question earlier.  You seem to support Mccain, so are you willing to send off your son for this cause?   

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 07:00:34 PM »
Let me sum it up 9% approval rating for congress lowest level in US History

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 07:03:39 PM »

Sad state of American Politics.   The lowest congressional approval rating.................. ............ preceded by the lowest presidential approval rating?

Kill or be killed!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »

Wow.  I hope this results in a turnover of the House or Senate in November. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 07:06:24 PM »
Wow.  I hope this results in a turnover of the House or Senate in November. 

think it will?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »
think it will?
nope.

I think BB only was talking about republicans gaining control but I might be wrong.  I personally would like to see new faces on both sides.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 07:13:54 PM »
think it will?

I'm not sure.  If Democrats hadn't taken over in 06, I would say "yes."  But they have a pretty substantial problem, because they ran an anti-war campaign and then did nothing to end the war and in fact continued to fund it.  With the economy in so much trouble, I don't think either party has an advantage.  

I'm really concerned about Obama in office with Democrats in control of Congress.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 07:14:48 PM »
nope.

I think BB only was talking about republicans gaining control but I might be wrong.  I personally would like to see new faces on both sides.

Correct.  I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Obama if Republicans controlled the Senate. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 07:31:10 PM »
I'm not sure.  If Democrats hadn't taken over in 06, I would say "yes."  But they have a pretty substantial problem, because they ran an anti-war campaign and then did nothing to end the war and in fact continued to fund it.  With the economy in so much trouble, I don't think either party has an advantage.  

I'm really concerned about Obama in office with Democrats in control of Congress.  

Luckily for the dems, the worse the economy is, the better they do in elections.

On the flipside, the more dangerous the world is perceived to be, the better republicans do.  Which is an odd little thing... "Only WE can protect you from the bad guy we haven't been able to kill in the last 8 years"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 07:42:47 PM »
Correct.  I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Obama if Republicans controlled the Senate. 
you do realize that for most of the time the dems have been in control, the republicans in congress maintained a bigger disaproval rating.  They're now roughly even.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 08:20:06 PM »
you do realize that for most of the time the dems have been in control, the republicans in congress maintained a bigger disaproval rating.  They're now roughly even.

Can't get much worse than 9 percent.  But like I said, I don't think either party really has an advantage this fall. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »
Kill or be killed!

lol, in this case EXACTLY!

introduce the "feel good factor"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »
Can't get much worse than 9 percent.  But like I said, I don't think either party really has an advantage this fall. 
The people are really pissed.  The problem is that most of these guys don't run in the primary with any serious opposition.  More people need to step up to replace them.  People that understand why we're handing congress 9% approval.  I would myself but there's zero chance of that.  I'd get cremated in the first hour.  I have no halo over my head :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »
The people are really pissed.  The problem is that most of these guys don't run in the primary with any serious opposition.  More people need to step up to replace them.  People that understand why we're handing congress 9% approval.  I would myself but there's zero chance of that.  I'd get cremated in the first hour.  I have no halo over my head :D

Completely agree.  Also, they get complacent when they've been in office too long.  The problem is it takes so much darn money the average Joe doesn't often have a realistic chance to run and win. 

We have some dinosaurs in the Senate (Inouye and Akaka) who will never lose an election as long as they're breathing.   :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 10:27:29 PM »
Completely agree.  Also, they get complacent when they've been in office too long.  The problem is it takes so much darn money the average Joe doesn't often have a realistic chance to run and win. 

We have some dinosaurs in the Senate (Inouye and Akaka) who will never lose an election as long as they're breathing.   :-\

good post :)