Author Topic: Why do people lie about their arm size?  (Read 10378 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Why do people lie about their arm size?
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2011, 08:53:56 PM »
and weight, penis size, workout ethics, education, ex girlfriends, income, and everything that has to do with (un)certainty...

Those others cannot really be immediately confirmed. When someone tells you he's sitting at 6 % and you notice a double chin.... well.... A security guard at the mall a few weeks ago told me he was 6'5". Well, I'm about just under 6'2" and that guy was pretty much the same height as me. Even when we had someone compare us back to back and confirm we were about the same height  he still insisted on 6'5". And we weren't wearing shoes.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2011, 08:55:19 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »
Leave BamBam out of it.
;D I thought I read somewhere here that Brazil outlawed squats?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »
I know what you are saying.  I have 16.5 inch arms and people have said that they look big.  Then you hear people all the time saying mine are 17,18, 19 pumped and shit.  There is no fucking way that many people in the population have those measurements.  Same with the Question "Whats your bench"?  Everybody adds 50lbs or more to the real answer.  I don't get it either Pellius.

Well mine are currently a hair over 17" and I am excited. They are really slow growers. I have literally lifted for decades and I think my arms are bigger at this point then they have ever been. Of course, I am probably carrying around 12% body fat which is too much to look cut. What I hate is how hard it is to get a good bicep peak. Triceps are much easier for me to develop.

Have you ever wondered how folks with 18", 19" etc. arms ever find shirts that fit? I wear an extra large and my shirts are tight in the arms. My neck is 18".  It looks much bigger than my arms....go figure?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2011, 01:59:45 AM »
Well mine are currently a hair over 17" and I am excited. They are really slow growers. I have literally lifted for decades and I think my arms are bigger at this point then they have ever been. Of course, I am probably carrying around 12% body fat which is too much to look cut. What I hate is how hard it is to get a good bicep peak. Triceps are much easier for me to develop.

Have you ever wondered how folks with 18", 19" etc. arms ever find shirts that fit? I wear an extra large and my shirts are tight in the arms. My neck is 18".  It looks much bigger than my arms....go figure?

I think we are about the same age. Post those guns. BTW, Levrone and Wolf don't have a peak either.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »
People can tell what they want - a huge arm is something you don't see often.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
I think we are about the same age. Post those guns. BTW, Levrone and Wolf don't have a peak either.

I wear 19.5" in work. The are extra length sleeve and body. Upper arm is fine. Can be tight enough around teh forearm believe it or not!

chess315

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »
i agree most xl shirts and a lot of  xxl shirts wont even have room for a 19inch arm. A ripped 17inch arm is impressive and bigger is great

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2011, 01:11:29 PM »
i agree most xl shirts and a lot of  xxl shirts wont even have room for a 19inch arm. A ripped 17inch arm is impressive and bigger is great

What is your favorite size for a reach-around?

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »
After all youve been through you're gonna let a gimmick intimidate you?  Hes pure entertainment. Sure he speaks some truth but he speaks alot of false...do i have to go to md for pics?

Dont let thr gh15 account.intimdate you....its more than one person anyway.

and you know this because,,,,,

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2011, 05:40:27 PM »
Because everyone assumes my penis is 14 inches.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2011, 08:46:23 PM »
Pics?

Guess what? I measured my arms again last night and they were only 16 3/4". I have no idea where that extra 1/4" went....I am so disappointed. The good news is that tomorrow is arm day at the gym. I'm gonna blast them. If they are anywhere near 17" I may take a photo and post it for posterity.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2011, 12:43:52 AM »
I measure my quads today. Something I haven't done for years. Not since my early twenties when I was more hard core. They were a bit over 25 inches then. They are now 23 inches and calves at just a bit over 16 inches. I don't have a full length mirror (thank god) so I just took a couple of shots from my vantage point. Me looking down at them. My only saving grace is that I'm pretty veiny so they look in good shape. Runny the sand hill at Sand Dune park pumps it to the point of pain. Soft sand, steep incline -- takes it's toll. Ask Coach about that hill. That's one of the things I miss living in So Ca.

First one is relaxed and the other two I'm trying to flex.