Author Topic: Do all MMA and UFC fighters think there "hardcore"?  (Read 26064 times)

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: Do all MMA and UFC fighters think there "hardcore"?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »
You are all going to get destroyed tomorrow.

I simply LAUGH at your stupid asses, on the same level that Pat Tillman's dad does.  He let me KNOW that I should call you all morons through email.

You are all morons (excluding Jakers).  Deal with it.

Huh  ???

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 10:38:04 PM »
akers

If they aggrevate you so much (that you cannot keep concentration at all), assault all of the 130 lbs tapout-wearing individuals then(just the 130 lbs ones, if they weigh 130+ it may be too risky), and let them know who akers is.

Tell them, that to be a real toughguy, you need to write a post on getbig about losing concentration about these individuals.
Q

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 10:48:22 PM »
oh yeah and not enough black people do it yet to make it legit hahaha
Wouldn't that mostly be due to there not being especially many black wrestlers which is the background most of these fighters seem to come from?

The Heckler

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 10:48:59 PM »
Why do these 130 lb wannabe's do things like walking lunges and barbell benchpress with mouthpieces in?

Tapout shirts on a 130lb beast wow....

MAXIMUM DELUSION AWARD WINNER'S of 2007.... ::)

Why don`t you ask Nicholas "BerzerkFury" Hersh? ;D

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 11:04:37 PM »
Wouldn't that mostly be due to there not being especially many black wrestlers which is the background most of these fighters seem to come from?

yeah seem tho only the american MMA guys are former wrestlers, i suppose it doesn't really matter what your background is since you have to know a little of everything

I'm Nick's role model!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 11:18:57 PM »
yeah seem tho only the american MMA guys are former wrestlers, i suppose it doesn't really matter what your background is since you have to know a little of everything

I remember when the UFC first came our and for the first couple events it was still that style vs. style, and then people wised up and started to work on being more complete fighters. Haha, that was so long ago Ken Shamrock wasn't even washed up then.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 11:25:32 PM »
:(
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 11:31:19 PM »
I remember when the UFC first came our and for the first couple events it was still that style vs. style, and then people wised up and started to work on being more complete fighters. Haha, that was so long ago Ken Shamrock wasn't even washed up then.

hahaha back in the day when you had to go thru 3 people to win a 50K check, nice way to shorten your career for no money, poor Gracie
I'm Nick's role model!

dylan_dent

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 11:38:11 PM »
I grew up boxing in the local gyms, and my dad boxed for the Navy his whole career...so Ive been around it most of my life. I love boxing! But to say its WAY better than MMA, and that xyz pro boxer in his hay day would beat any of the current MMA guys is ignorant. Boxing is a great sport, but its only using half of your body in battle...MMA is using all of it. And if anyone thinks MMA isnt a sport, then neither were the gladiator battles of the Greeks and Romans. There is nothing more primal/pure.

And for the record, Fedor would MURDER Tyson at ANY point of his career. Any educated fight fan knows this. Use your head, not your heart and youll know its true.

D

dylan_dent

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 11:39:45 PM »
The Gracie family has 10's of millions. He did alright.

D

hahaha back in the day when you had to go thru 3 people to win a 50K check, nice way to shorten your career for no money, poor Gracie

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 11:58:37 PM »
I grew up boxing in the local gyms, and my dad boxed for the Navy his whole career...so Ive been around it most of my life. I love boxing! But to say its WAY better than MMA, and that xyz pro boxer in his hay day would beat any of the current MMA guys is ignorant. Boxing is a great sport, but its only using half of your body in battle...MMA is using all of it. And if anyone thinks MMA isnt a sport, then neither were the gladiator battles of the Greeks and Romans. There is nothing more primal/pure.

And for the record, Fedor would MURDER Tyson at ANY point of his career. Any educated fight fan knows this. Use your head, not your heart and youll know its true.

D

A smart man says.....

A boxer better learn some takedown defense, greco, muay thai clinching skills, kicking defense, open guard, passing guard, sub defense if he would like to enter an MMA show.  Good hands will help if you have adequate skills everywhere else. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2007, 12:31:56 AM »
Chuck has pretty poor submission skills but walks through the UFC. I'm not saying boxers are better, Fedor is my favorite fighter for any sport. I'm just asking the question, why are we always putting a boxer in an MMA fight and not the other way around? Why should we even compare?

Put Fedor in a boxing match with a heavyweight champ, and he loses. Badly.

I'd still rather have Fedors skills though since it comes in handier.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2007, 01:38:41 AM »

Those were the good ol' days when there were less rules  :)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2007, 02:03:58 AM »
Why do these 130 lb wannabe's do things like walking lunges and barbell benchpress with mouthpieces in?

That's a post without thinking first. Maybe you should apply for the maximum stupidity award 2007.  :-\

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007, 03:33:45 AM »
So how is ken shamrock washed up now? is he in drugs or something?
Apart from monumental sodomizings at the hands of Tito Ortiz and still coming back for more shooting epic amounts of crap...

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2007, 03:53:10 AM »
A good boxing match, such as Calzaghe/Lacy or Hatton/Kost zu [or whatever the fuck hes called], will always be superior to a couple of guys rolling around on the floor. However; Fedor would DESTROY any heavyweight boxer. An impressive feat for someone that looks like a bank manager.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2007, 04:02:08 AM »
haha i just saw one of these skinny tools at my gym "TAP OUT" with huge letters on a tank top and "UFC" on the shorts LOL.

And all this guy does is he goes to some kind of box/kardio thing they where they hit pads.

student

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2007, 05:28:27 AM »
Ken shamrock is over the hill .  He has competed a long time in a sport where you can get old overnight.  To put things into perspective.  When the UFC first started in 93 , Shamrock was already huge in Japan and had a comic book written about him.  Then he left for like five years to do the WWF thing.  How you can fight an elite fighter with five years of ring rust and an aging body is beyond me. 
  Also.  Lots of guys I know train in the gym with their mouth pieces in so they can get adjusted to breathing through it when exerting themselves.  Of course this would be a boxing gym not a regular gym where it makes no sense.

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2007, 05:40:03 AM »
Who's this Fedor fag.got everyone is talking about?

if hes a fag, then god save u ;D

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2007, 05:45:58 AM »
This is part of there training, all the pro Boxers at my gym lift, run, work the bag, etc. with there mouthpeice always in.  It is not for protection, it is to get used to  breathing hard with it in.  If you always have it in when you train it won't seem hard to breath in the ring/cage.

exactly.

i don't know about these '130lb guys with tap out gear', but i wouldn't read too much into the mouth guard thing.

a pure amateur boxer has a disadvantage against a kick boxer mainly because of the very bladed stance (can't check kicks.

nothing wrong with bobbing and weaving in the right setting.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2007, 05:50:12 AM »

We train with mouth pieces in to learn to break through our noses and now walk around wiht a slack jaw. It's habit forming to have it become second nature so you don't go breathing hard in the ring and open your mouth to get pop'd.

I wish people wouldn't talk out of their asses so much....this thread stinks.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2007, 06:00:41 AM »
A good boxing match, such as Calzaghe/Lacy or Hatton/Kost zu [or whatever the fuck hes called], will always be superior to a couple of guys rolling around on the floor.

Even a bad boxing match is better than watching two guys rolling round on the floor.  Thankfully the MMA craze hasn't hit over here yet :D

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2007, 06:33:10 AM »
We train with mouth pieces in to learn to break through our noses and now walk around wiht a slack jaw. It's habit forming to have it become second nature so you don't go breathing hard in the ring and open your mouth to get pop'd.

I wish people wouldn't talk out of their asses so much....this thread stinks.

If you're training for a fight, and you wear a mouthpiece when you fight then you should wear a mouthpiece when you train.  It's MUCH different.

But I do agree that this trend has produced some wannabe's.  Just let them have their fun and enjoy the sport.

Can we move this to the MMA board?

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2007, 06:35:23 AM »
Why don`t you ask Nicholas "BerzerkFury" Hersh? ;D

are you suggesting that if cheri arvilla said bite the curb to BF he would have no other choice but to do so and receive his kick to the back of the head heckler?

Unchained81

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2007, 08:15:38 AM »
I disagree. I like MMA and all but any top teir pro would do a lot better in Pride or UFC than Crocop or Chuck would do in a boxing match. I get tired of hearing about how Tyson would get his ass handed to him. Bob Sapp beats a lot of good fighters with no skills. Imagine what a Roy Jones Jr. in his prime would do to Chuck. There is just too much speed. Just my opinion though.

Stylstically mma would be the best because you can use more weapons, but a guy like Tyson or RJJ, has just too much speed, power, etc.  THese are truly world class athletes, if someone is just on a different athletic level that you, it doesn't matter what you know.  Boxing and MMA are both great sports, but right now the greatest athletes are in BOxing becasue of the money, it just makes sense, doesn't mean mma is garbage though.