Author Topic: Clemen's shit good for steroids?  (Read 2195 times)

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
Clemen's shit good for steroids?
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »
I'm starting to think that this Clemens trial will be good in the long run for steroids.  You can tell that the public is starting to get fed up with all of this steroids and congress b.s.  Bonds nobody cared about because he's a grade A asshole, clemens however is idolized in baseball.  More and more media are starting to write articles on "why are we wasting tax dollars on this" and things like "is steroids good for sports".
You have to remember that the media is all about the shock factor, and when this steroids thing first started it was a juicy morsel for them.  "Girls as young as 12 using steroids. . . story at 10!"
Now however it has become old hat, so to stay current and and stay with the shock factor they are starting to lean the exact opposite way.

Anyone else see this trend starting?

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
Re: Clemen's shit good for steroids?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:09:41 PM »
We need more people to step foward like Stallone and be unashamed of using them.  The general public is getting tired of  hearing about this.  It was like this in the early 90's.   Life seems to repeat itself

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »
I'm starting to think that this Clemens trial will be good in the long run for steroids.  You can tell that the public is starting to get fed up with all of this steroids and congress b.s.  Bonds nobody cared about because he's a grade A asshole, clemens however is idolized in baseball.  More and more media are starting to write articles on "why are we wasting tax dollars on this" and things like "is steroids good for sports".
You have to remember that the media is all about the shock factor, and when this steroids thing first started it was a juicy morsel for them.  "Girls as young as 12 using steroids. . . story at 10!"
Now however it has become old hat, so to stay current and and stay with the shock factor they are starting to lean the exact opposite way.

Anyone else see this trend starting?

Noticed this to last night on CNN. They did like a 20 minute story on mostly GH and some steroids. They had Suzanne Somers and Stallone on their singing their praises and a dude that was 60 out in Cali. that was using GH to show that the normal public uses it to. They of course talked about the "sides" but much, much less than normal. If the media would quit calling it "Performance Enhancing Drugs" and called it something like "Wellness Hormonal Supplements" that would go a LONG way in changing peoples outlook. Just hearing performance enhancing drugs makes you think dirty and illegal, but wellness supplements, just sounds like something Grandpa would take.

Arthurshall

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 08:44:49 PM »
This whole idea that athletes don't use drugs is such a fairy tale. Athletes will always take whatever they can to be the best. That is the nature of competitiveness. Unfortunately all of this nonsense has tightened up the market.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 08:50:56 PM »
This whole idea that athletes don't use drugs is such a fairy tale. Athletes will always take whatever they can to be the best. That is the nature of competitiveness. Unfortunately all of this nonsense has tightened up the market.

Yup, I am shiocked that anyone else in congress or the media is shocked over pro athletes useing roids. Where have they been for decades????????

The following story is their idea of current news:

Breaking News : 3 ships sailing from Spain have reported that a "new world" was discovered going westward in the Atlantic. We will now return to last weesks feature on the discovery of fire.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 08:57:56 PM »
Yup, I am shiocked that anyone else in congress or the media is shocked over pro athletes useing roids. Where have they been for decades????????

The following story is their idea of current news:

Breaking News : 3 ships sailing from Spain have reported that a "new world" was discovered going westward in the Atlantic. We will now return to last weesks feature on the discovery of fire.

Nah, they all always knew it was there, but never cared until a big a$$hole with an attitude showed up and took baseballs most sacred record. If that had never happened I don't think anyone would care anymore than they did in the 90's. And they ALL know damn well its in the NFL, you don't get to over 300 pounds and run the 40 the way they do. Shawn Merriman tested for Nandrolone last season, and you hear very little about that, right in the middle of the big "steroid controversy".

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 09:00:18 PM »
Nah, they all always knew it was there, but never cared until a big a$$hole with an attitude showed up and took baseballs most sacred record. If that had never happened I don't think anyone would care anymore than they did in the 90's. And they ALL know damn well its in the NFL, you don't get to over 300 pounds and run the 40 the way they do. Shawn Merriman tested for Nandrolone last season, and you hear very little about that, right in the middle of the big "steroid controversy".

On a serious note, I doubt that the avg fan really knew just how common roid use is.
I am not kidding. I used to get blasted by a lot of fans when I would suggest that some guy or track gal was juiced.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »
A. Of course Clemens used gear.
B. Who fucking cares? So does everyone else. I hope he gets away with it.
C. Congress are a bunch of useless douchebags.

That is all.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:15:23 PM »
its great for people that use gear, and for tax payers

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 04:09:26 AM »
the public will believe what they want to believe

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 05:05:17 AM »
 I want to know WHY THE FUCK CONGRESS is investigating it? THAT'S NOT THEIR JOB!!!

ridiculous

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 09:20:26 AM »
I want to know WHY THE FUCK CONGRESS is investigating it? THAT'S NOT THEIR JOB!!!

ridiculous

I think that is exactly why public opinion is starting to shift, at first people just wanted a good juicy story to talk about at the water cooler, but now everyone seems to be wisening up.  Soon as people realize how much of their own money is being wasted on this idiocy the story is not so "sexy" anymore.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 09:41:39 AM »
and all of this would still be in the closet if it wasn't for this man.
F

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »
and all of this would still be in the closet if it wasn't for this man.

he tried to keep it in the closet..

but he was "black balled" from baseball in year 2001,02,03 and finally in 04 he fired back at MLB...

He was forced to retirement at age 37 when he was close to hit 500 Hrs,
when Barry Bonds from age 37 to 44 has hit close to 400 Hrs alone and Clemens from age 37 to 45 has made all the millions that anyone can dream of.........think about it, what would you do if you were Jose??

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 10:07:42 AM »
well said, i know jose did because he needed the money, due to baseballs blackballing him. i wonder if kevin kennedy is still his friend.
F

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 11:33:01 AM »
I am also starting to get tired of hearing about Clemans being on trail for being on the roids.